PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney gets diapers at his locker [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Milk Carton: Have you seen Maroney?

WOW... Maroney has had 2 injuries and, according to YOU, he's constantly battling them?

Now, a little history lesson for you moron. Minnesota RARELY uses their RBs as pass catchers. It took Maroney TELLING his coach to pass the ball to him more for him to get the 17 receptions that he did his junior year. That was the most receptions by a Gophers RB in the 5 years PRIOR.

The Pats have Kevin Faulk as their pass catching RB already. To claim that Maroney is below average and act like he's just a bad pass catcher is laughable because its a part of his game that is still in development. Just like the blocking. Maroney has actually done pretty well the few times he's had to block, but, again, its a part of his game still under development.

As for what YOU wanted out of the 21st pick in the draft, just because you are a clueless moron with unrealistic expectations doesn't mean everyone else is.

Now, as for Maroney not breaking long runs. You really need to do some better homework because you'll find that MOST RBs don't break a lot of 20+ yard gainers. They are a RARITY. For you to expect it on a constant basis is unrealistic. Not to mention, it shows a lack of knowledge of the game on your part and shows that you don't give defenses enough credit.

Long runs are a rarity? Can I just get to see a few a year????????? Is that too much to ask?????? Adrian Peterson had 3 or 4 in one game!!

Re: Diapers

Based on what???? He'll learn? How do we know that? He is a running back for cris sakes. If he doesn't know how to hit the hole with authority by now, than why the hell will he magically discover how to? The kid used to get told by his head coach at Minnesota to stop dancing and hit the hole. That's a fact. The kid is what he is. An average back. Nothing more, nothing less. The 1st rd has been filled with average backs that teams kept waiting on to "get it". They never do. This isn't a quarterback "learning" a system. You either have it or you don't. Maroney does not have it. End of story.

You truly are a an idiot and have NO CONCEPT of the game.

No, its not fact that he would get told that. Nice try though.

Patience is a LEARNED characteristic. As I have said, Maroney gets to the hole before its opened up usually. And this forces him to DANCE while he waits. If his timing was better, he'd get to the hole just as it was opening up. Also, You are wrong about the system. You have to learn the plays and understand what is supposed to happen. That does take time. As does learning how your O-line reacts.

I understand that you really don't follow the Patriots but you'd understand if you actually knew anything about football in general and the Pats specifically.

I know you don't understand the concepts of football so I am truly attempting to dumb it down for you so that you can understand it.

I get the feeling some of you are going to be defending Maroney all the way out the door, which is where he's headed at this point.

What do you base this on? Friggin idiots like NSA and Danny88 who don't know a damn thing?

Give me a break. This is just stupid talk. Maroney isn't going anywhere its dumb for people to say that he is.

You truly are a an idiot and have NO CONCEPT of the game.

No, its not fact that he would get told that. Nice try though.

Patience is a LEARNED characteristic. As I have said, Maroney gets to the hole before its opened up usually. And this forces him to DANCE while he waits. If his timing was better, he'd get to the hole just as it was opening up. Also, You are wrong about the system. You have to learn the plays and understand what is supposed to happen. That does take time. As does learning how your O-line reacts.

I understand that you really don't follow the Patriots but you'd understand if you actually knew anything about football in general and the Pats specifically.

I know you don't understand the concepts of football so I am truly attempting to dumb it down for you so that you can understand it.

I don't understand football? Yet, you seem to believe that a running back in year #2 of his career still needs more time to "learn the plays"???????? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bricks:

Believe me when I say I'd love to see Maroney turn this year around.
I'd settle for 70 yards per game from him considering that the Passing offense is the focus this year. But he doesn't even reach that level of production. Maroney's lack of involvement in the offense the past 2 weeks has been downright alarming.

Hopefully Maroney will "man up" and show up as a factor as the Patriots wind down the season, but it will be on his own shoulders to do so. No amount of apologist thinking can obscure the facts, that up till now Maroney has not met expectations.

Maroney's Career recap:
Year 1
175 ATT 745 yards 4.3 ypc
Year 2
105 ATT 467 yards 4.4 ypc

http://www.nfl.com/players/laurencemaroney/careerstats?id=MAR273311

What happens if we project Maroney's current numbers over the course of the next 5 games?

153 ATT 679 yards 4.4 ypc

That shows a regression compared to the 1st year, rather than an overall improvement. In short, Maroney needs to step up his game.

Last edited:

Didn't you just contradict yourself there?

So you don't understand the difference between being a power back and a back running with power and authorty? Its simple. A power back is someone that runs north/south. Jerome Bettis is a perfect example. A back that runs with power and authority is a back like Stephen Jackson or Willie Parker. Backs who are more than just north/south runners. Backs who can make the cuts.

When will he learn? And can this team afford to let him 'learn on the job' so to speak? This also still doesn't address the fact that Maroney has not shown up the past two games, and according to some posters, likely will not show up the next 2 games vs tough run stopping teams in Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Morris is out for the year. If Maroney can't do the job, then who will??

Yes, the team CAN afford for him to learn on the job.

Also, where the hell do you get off claiming Maroney hasn't shown up the past two games? Just because he had 6 and 10 rushes which was clearly per the GAME PLAN.

Who says Maroney isn't doing the job? Imbeciles like NSA and Danny88 who don't have a clue about the game? How about opening your MIND for a change and thinking outside your minimal understanding of the game.

The Pats have a PROLIFIC PASSING offense. The game plan the last 2 games started with the Pats PRIMARILY passing the ball (9 runs to 28 passes in the 1st half against Buffalo and 13 runs to 54 passes against the Eagles). In the Buffalo game, the Pats had a 35-7 lead going into the 2nd half. Their adjustment was to try and NOT run up the score by running Evans and Eckel and protecting Maroney from being re-injured. In the Eagles game, Maroney took a majority of the carries.

To an educated watcher of the game, its called working Maroney back into the offense at a pace to keep him healthy.

OH, btw, since you missed it, Maroney had runs inside the Red Zone in each of the last 2 games.

Believe me when I say I'd love to see Maroney turn this year around.
I'd settle for 70 yards per game from him considering that the Passing offense is the focus this year. But he doesn't even reach that level of production. Maroney's lack of involvement in the offense the past 2 weeks has been downright alarming.

Hopefully Maroney will "man up" and show up as a factor as the Patriots wind down the season, but it will be on his own shoulders to do so. No amount of apologist thinking can obscure the facts, that up till now Maroney has not met expectations.

Maroney's Career recap:
Year 1
175 ATT 745 yards 4.3 ypc
Year 2
105 ATT 467 yards 4.4 ypc

http://www.nfl.com/players/laurencemaroney/careerstats?id=MAR273311

What happens if we project Maroney's current numbers over the course of the next 5 games?

153 ATT 679 yards 4.4 ypc

That shows a regression compared to the 1st year, rather than an overall improvement. In short, Maroney needs to step up his game.

The tone of this post is a little better, but you are still manipulating a misrepresenting things.

Your "projection" ignores the fact that Maroney missed games earlier this year. Unless you expect him to entirely miss two of the next 5 games, of course.

And your fascination with the past two games is just as alarming as the games themselves. The first half was OBVIOUSLY gameplan against Philly. Maroney ran 10 times in the second half. And Maroney's absence in the second half of Buffalo was OBVIOUSLY because of the big lead, same with the Miami and Washington games.

Why risk another injury to Maroney? Who cares? What the hell has the kid ever done when he is healthy? You act as if this kid has actually contributed anything to this team. He's a JAG. Rest him? Could he possibly give us anything less? I'd yawn if this kid was out for the season. He has no impact whatsoever on this team. None. He is such a dissapointment it's not even funny.

*ROFLMAO* He's only a disappointment to imbeciles like yourself who have unrealistic expectations due to a flawed understanding of the game.

The kid has contributed. Just because YOU chose to ignore it doesn't mean its not the case.

NSA, do everyone a favor since you are too stupid to be using that computer. Pack it up, take it back to BestBuy or wherever you got it and tell them you are returning it because you are too stupid to have it.

I'm a moron and loser because I don't agree with you????????? Stay classy San Diego. Stay classy.:rolleyes:

You're a moron and a loser because you don't know a damn thing about football and have no clue as to Maroney's worth to this team.

You're a moron and a loser because you don't actually use facts and look at the big picture.

You're a moron and a loser because every time people actually use FACTS, you ignore them.

Maroney is NOT on the injury report people. So, puhleaze, spare me the "he's getting protected" from injury nonsense. The kid doesn't play because he is NOT viewed as an impact player by the coaches. End of story. The best players play. Maroney is a JAG. You can't make the club from the tub and you can't get on the field if you wear heels. Maroney is italian for BUST.:D

You're a moron and a loser because you don't know a damn thing about football and have no clue as to Maroney's worth to this team.

You're a moron and a loser because you don't actually use facts and look at the big picture.

You're a moron and a loser because every time people actually use FACTS, you ignore them.

If I was a moron and loser, my friend, I wouldn't be a multi-millionaire and I wouldn't be the successful businessman that I am. Stay classy, my friend. Stay classy.:D

Sure let's talk numbers.

The Patriots passed the ball 41 times and ran the ball 29 times.
They ran the football 41.4 percent of the time.

Of the 29 times the Pats ran the ball, Maroney carried it a grand total of 6 times. So he toted the rock only 20% of the Pats possible run plays.
In other words the Patriots chose to give the ball to RBs other than Maroney 80% of the time.
Why would the "game plan" favor giving the ball to RBs other than Maroney on 80% of the carries UNLESS there is a hidden injury issue OR he is in BB's doghouse?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20071118002

Nothing like being purposely ignorant.

The Pats ran the ball 9 times in the 1st half while Passing 28 times.
Maroney had 6 of the 9 carries.

The SCORE at the end of the half was 35-7.

The Pats most likely changed their game plan to attempt to NOT run up the score on Buffalo by using their LESSER running backs. Usually that's a sign of respect to the opposing coach. In addition, because the game was well in hand, they could have decided to rest Maroney since it was his 1st game back from injury and they didn't want him to get injured needlessly in a game that was well in hand.

So, it was NEITHER a hidden injury or Maroney being in the dog house. Why is that concept so foreign to you? Its been mentioned a few times and you continue to feign ignorance on it.

If I was a moron and loser, my friend, I wouldn't be a multi-millionaire and I wouldn't be the successful businessman that I am. Stay classy, my friend. Stay classy.:D

*ROFLMOA* You know what they say about people who tout what they are... It usually means they are full of SH!T.

But everyone here already KNEW that. All they have to do is read your uneducated posts regarding Maroney.

This is the most idiotic thread in the history of all threads every any time. ;0)

Seriously, this is a really strange level of whining from fans of an 11-0 team. I'd pretty much say everyone was being used exactly right, and until we lose, I'd say that continues to be the case.

Would people prefer an RB that has 100 yards in a losing effort or a guy who gets the ball into the end zone for the winning TD?

The notion that LM is somehow in the doghouse seems a bit inconsistent to me with calling his number in the second most important play of the game. So were BB and Josh sitting on the sideline saying, "well, we've got Brady and a host of great receivers, but let's just give it to the shi*ty guy"?

And again, Who cares how many carries he is getting when we are winning games.

Repeat after me. My name is NSA and I am a MORON. I don't know what I am talking about. I am a loser who just hates Maroney because he is what I can't even dream of being.

NSA, your rants on Maroney show how pathetic you are. They aren't supported by fact. And this idea that BB doesn't use him because Maroney isn't a special player is just stupid and is total BS speculation on your part. And its certainly not supported by any FACTS.

This is what you have to bring to this conversation? I think you're the idiot.

*ROFLMOA* You know what they say about people who tout what they are... It usually means they are full of SH!T.

But everyone here already KNEW that. All they have to do is read your uneducated posts regarding Maroney.

My friend, you have shown yourself to be nothing but an insultful, rude, and obnoxious person. While I have kept the line of discussion and debate to Laurence Maroney's abilities(or lack thereof), you have chosen to lower yourself into calling me a moron, loser, idiot, and now a liar. That, my friend, is a sign of an immature man that has a lot of growing up to do.

Sorry, now everyone in this forum knows your not who you say you are. You no longer have any creditability here, just an FYI

A childish response that again ignores the cold, hard football facts. When analysis is presented you respond with "blahblah", kind of like a kid sticking his fingers in his ears when he hears something unpleasant. Well the truth is unpleasant at times.

The fact remains that Maroney has PRODUCED 19 yards and 31 yards respectively over the past 2 games. He will have to pick up his production vs Baltimore if he wishes to leave my milk carton, or BB's doghouse, whichever it may be.

Who gives a rats arse if you are ignorant enough to put Maroney on your Milk Carton. And considering BB has said that Maroney is fine and there are no issues, I doubt that he's in BB's dog house.

What is childish is your claiming Oswlek is the one being childish and claiming he is the one with his fingers in his ears. You've been handed very VALID reasons (Game PLAN) as to why Maroney wasn't getting touches and you sit there and still claim he's in BB's doghouse.

So I was right on the fact that Bethel was a BUST, but I'm an imbecile???????? So, tell me, where is this RULE that somebody cannot call a kid a BUST after 1 1/2 years even though, in the end, he was EXCACTLY THAT!! Wow.:rolleyes:

There is no rule. Its just ignorance.

And even a blind squirrel finds a nut ever once in a while.

BTW, BB is the one who has said that it takes players 3 years to develop. So, if you know better than him, please excuse me while I laugh in your face, oh ignorant one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back