PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney gets diapers at his locker [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: diapers

I hope he does. I hope he turns into Gale Sayers. Hell, at this point, I hope he turns into Antowain Smith, LOL! Unlike you, however, I'm a realist. I don't waste my paychecks buying lottery tickets hoping to become a billionaire. Just like I don't waste my time holding my breath that Glass Maroney will somehow, someway, transform himself from a MEDIOCRE, AVERAGE running back into a STAR. Sorry, but my breath is too valuable. He is what he is. And that's a boring, run-of-the-mill, average running back that is an absolutely, positively MINISCULE FACTOR in any game whatsoever.

You aren't a realist. Your a friggin moron who ignores facts and can't be bothered to learn the game and understand the different facets.

Do everyone a favor and learn the game because its clear you don't know a damn thing.

Sorry, now everyone in this forum knows your not who you say you are. You no longer have any creditability here, just an FYI

Why? Because I say i am a multi-millionaire and succesfull businessman I am lying? LOL! Ya, ok. DaBruinz called me a loser and a moron. I simply stated that my success as a businessman proves otherwise. I don't care if people believe me or not. I can care less, LOL!:)

Belichick hs already said that the reason their not running the ball is because they get more yards passing. In the first half, all we did was pass and score !

Seriously, anyone can question Bill Belichick, it's their right. But too think you know more about the game or his players then him, well, that's just foolish. I honestly think Maroney is going to be huge in the future, when we need him !

You aren't a realist. Your a friggin moron who ignores facts and can't be bothered to learn the game and understand the different facets.

Do everyone a favor and learn the game because its clear you don't know a damn thing.

Wow, you can't keep things civil can you? Do you somehow gain satisfaction in calling people morons and idiots because they disagree with you? If so, that is sad. Stay classy, my friend.

How is it POSSIBLE to defend a 1st Rd running back that gets 25-30 yards every game and is NO FACTOR whatsoever in the passing game? In year #2 of his career! How is it possible to defend this kid??????? Do you honestly believe BB expected this kid to be sitting on the bench by game #11 in 2007 when he drafted him #1 two years ago? Wow, some of you know no boundaries when it comes to defending this kid. This kid doesn't play because he doesn't deserve to play!!! He rides the pine because he is a JAG. End of story. The best players play. Maroney is just a JAG and his contributions are minimal. That's why he rides the pine. The only way we'll ever see this kid play more is if our offense gets worse. That's a good thing??????????? Good lord.:rolleyes:

Nothing like twisting the facts to your own warped reality. And you call yourself a realist?

1) Maroney is averaging 62.7 yards a game across 7.5 games. That works out to 1000 yards across a full season.
2) Maroney isn't "sitting on the bench" as you claim. Maroney wasn't BENCHED either. In the Buffalo game, the Pats sat him because he was returning from injury and because they made attempts to NOT run up the score on Buffalo.
3) Maroney sells the play-action pass VERY well and did so on a couple plays last night. One of which Moss dropped.

Its simply assinine on your part to say that Maroney doesn't play because he doesn't deserve to. You do realize that he was averaging 18 carries a game before he got injured, right? But, according to you, he's a non-factor? Dude, you are just plain stupid.

Please do everyone a favor and just shut up already.

Why? Because I say i am a multi-millionaire and succesfull businessman I am lying? LOL! Ya, ok. DaBruinz called me a loser and a moron. I simply stated that my success as a businessman proves otherwise. I don't care if people believe me or not. I can care less, LOL!:)

Name calling should be ignored, responding that your successful in life would be a max response. To describe yourself a Multimillionaire impacts your creditability, why, because people in your exact situation in any forum make the same claim as a defense mechanism. If you were a Multimillionaire you'd know that and not act like me suggesting it was stupid, you'd understand why I said it, which you didn't, which drags down your creditability even more. JMTC in the matter.

Wow, you can't keep things civil can you? Do you somehow gain satisfaction in calling people morons and idiots because they disagree with you? If so, that is sad. Stay classy, my friend.

I call them like I see them. You act like an idiot and a moron (which you do very well on the subject of Maroney) and I will treat you like an idiot and a moron.

And, yes, I've always felt that I need to be honest with people. Regardless of how much the truth hurts.

OH, btw, you wouldn't know classy if it came up and bit you.

Re: Milk Carton: Have you seen Maroney?

Long runs are a rarity? Can I just get to see a few a year????????? Is that too much to ask?????? Adrian Peterson had 3 or 4 in one game!!

Adrian Peterson is a better RB than Maroney. That doesn't make Maroney AVERAGE.

But don't let the facts stop you for your idiotic hatred. You've done a great job ignoring them and spinning them into the most negative things possible.

Name calling should be ignored, responding that your successful in life would be a max response. To describe yourself a Multimillionaire impacts your creditability, why, because people in your exact situation in any forum make the same claim as a defense mechanism. If you were a Multimillionaire you'd know that and not act like me suggesting it was stupid, you'd understand why I said it, which you didn't, which drags down your creditability even more. JMTC in the matter.

LOL! Ok. So, let me get this straight. DaBruinz calls me a moron, loser, idiot, pathetic, and a liar, yet his credibility does not questioned? However, I respond to his childish insults by stating that I am not a loser because I am successful, yet I am the one who has no credibility? LOL! Ok. :D

I call them like I see them. You act like an idiot and a moron (which you do very well on the subject of Maroney) and I will treat you like an idiot and a moron.

And, yes, I've always felt that I need to be honest with people. Regardless of how much the truth hurts.

OH, btw, you wouldn't know classy if it came up and bit you.

You are an internet tough guy, LOL! I highly doubt you would say that to my face. :D

Re: Diapers

I don't understand football? Yet, you seem to believe that a running back in year #2 of his career still needs more time to "learn the plays"???????? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bricks:

Learning patience and learning how the O-line is going to act are things that don't happen over-night.

Also, You seem to think that the Pats plays only call for him to hit a particular hole. That's not the case in Zone Blocking. Maroney has a variety to chose from. That's not something he had in Minnesota. Though its should be conducive to his running style, it doesn't mean he know it 100%.

BTW, nice of you to overlook the PATIENCE part of it. Backs like Marshall Faulk and Emmitt Smith have said that patience was the hardest lesson for them to learn in the pro level and that it took them more than a year to do it.

So, no, you don't understand the game. You just have deluded yourself into thinking you do.

Believe me when I say I'd love to see Maroney turn this year around.
I'd settle for 70 yards per game from him considering that the Passing offense is the focus this year. But he doesn't even reach that level of production. Maroney's lack of involvement in the offense the past 2 weeks has been downright alarming.

Hopefully Maroney will "man up" and show up as a factor as the Patriots wind down the season, but it will be on his own shoulders to do so. No amount of apologist thinking can obscure the facts, that up till now Maroney has not met expectations.

Maroney's Career recap:
Year 1
175 ATT 745 yards 4.3 ypc
Year 2
105 ATT 467 yards 4.4 ypc

http://www.nfl.com/players/laurencemaroney/careerstats?id=MAR273311

What happens if we project Maroney's current numbers over the course of the next 5 games?

153 ATT 679 yards 4.4 ypc

That shows a regression compared to the 1st year, rather than an overall improvement. In short, Maroney needs to step up his game.

Now, I understand that you used ESPN's projections, but they bias it negatively and don't take into consideration that the team decided not to run Maroney in the 2nd half of the Buffalo game because they didn't need to.

The 105 carries that he has are in 7.5 games. That is an average of 14 per game. over 5 games, that is another 70.

Maroney's projected numbers
175 attempts - 770 yards 4.4 ypc.

That is about where he was last year. Not regressing, but not much gain either. And, in my opinion, that is because of the injury and the Pats holding him out for 3 games.

Maroney's lack of involvement in the offense is only alarming if you are an alarmist and thing of everything in the most absolutely negative way. Which is what you are doing.

You have downright REFUSED to acknowledge a very plausible and much more likely scenario all because it flies in the face of your "thinking".

Re: The running game

From the footballoutsiders message board and hwc:

Belichick explained today on the radio why they decided to open the game in the spread formation. Philly’s defense is predicated on overloading some point on the o-line with 5, 6, or 7 rushers — more rushers than the Pats have blockers. This overload is just as effective at producing negative running plays as it is disrupting the passing game…because defenders are shooting the gaps into the backfield.

The weakness of the Philly defense is that it gives you one-on-one matchups on the receivers. So, if you can get the ball out quickly, advantage to the offense.

They started the game in the spread offense and scored on each of their first three possessions. The success they were having is why the Pats stayed with it for the entire first half. They went away from it a bit in the second half because they saw Philly changing their defensive gameplan.

Maybe it was scheme?

You guys are missing the point. Of course BB decided to utilize the pass instead of the running game with Maroney. Nobody is debating that. What people like myself are saying is that BB would not be doing this if he had a running back that was a DIFFERENCE MAKER. Maroney is a JAG, therefore it makes sense to use short passes as a substitute for the running game. However, you can bet your life that if LT, Stephen Jackson, or Joseph Addai were on this team than BB would have had them in the game in that 1st half. Those players are TOO GOOD to keep on the sideline. Maroney is simply NOT, thus the reason why BB does not feel the need to implement him into the gameplan.

Lets look at 1st round backs since 2000, and what their 2nd year RUSHING production was (I projected the 06 class based on 11 game production):

06 -
Reggie Bush- 752 6
DeAngelo Williams- 561 1
Laurence Maroney- 677 4
Joseph Addai- 1271 13

Ronnie Brown- 1008 5
Cedric Benson- 647 6 (splitting carries)
Cadillac Williams- 798 1

Stephen Jackson- 1046 8
Chris Perry- 279 0
Kevin Jones- 664 5

Willis McGahee- 1247 5
Larry Johnson- 581 9 (splitting carries- next year solo 1750 10)

William Green- 559 1 (half the season injured)
TJ Duckett- 779 11

LT- 1683 14
Deuce McAllister- 1388 13
Michael Bennett- 1296 5

Jamal Lewis- 1327 6
Thomas Jones- 380 5
Ron Dayne- 690 7
Sean Alexander- 1318 4

A few things stand out to me. One is, Maroney is not going to be an all-pro back. The guys who wound up being standouts were standouts by year 2. Thomas Jones had a few good seasons with Chicago late, but for the most part a 1st round RB who starts in year 2 and gains less than 1000 yards is, like NSA says, ultimately probably going to be just another guy. By that logic, Addai is the clear winner from the 06 draft, and will probably be good for a number of years.

Maroney is not a bust, but he's not a bang either. Yes, backs get better over a number of years, but by year 2 the guys who get it already got it. Those are the franchise guys. What's interesting to me is, guys who get less than 800 yards in year 2 don't become all-pros (granted, this is only 1st round picks we're talking here).

For what it's worth, I don't buy the "game plan" argument that you guys are putting out there. When Morris was healthy, the Pats ran often. By the time he got hurt, it seemed clear that he was the number one back in spirit if not in form, and he factored in heavily in game plans against teams with good pass rush abilities. When was the last time Maroney got the ball on 3rd down? I don't see the confidence in him that you all do. If you've got a back that can play, you play him. They're not re-inventing the wheel in Foxboro, they're playing to their strenghts. Clearly Maroney is not one of them.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Pats pick McFadden or another running back, even though it will be costly. I think they can find LB help in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and with Faulk getting older they're going to need a clear #1, especially if Stallworth goes and CJ doesn't live up to his potential either.

My gut says that Maroney is out of here by the time his rookie contract is up. If he can't be a 1,000 yard back with this years team, he's not going to be a 1,000 yard back period.

Re: Diapers

Learning patience and learning how the O-line is going to act are things that don't happen over-night.

Please read the above post. This isn't a particularly observant point if you look at the past few years in the league.

Maroney is NOT on the injury report people. So, puhleaze, spare me the "he's getting protected" from injury nonsense. The kid doesn't play because he is NOT viewed as an impact player by the coaches. End of story. The best players play. Maroney is a JAG. You can't make the club from the tub and you can't get on the field if you wear heels. Maroney is italian for BUST.:D

Maroney hasn't been playing because the Pats decimated the Bills by half time and the Pats did their best to not run up the score. And, against the Eagles, the Pats game plan was to Pass first and pass often and sprinkle in a run here or there.

Maroney was injured for the 3 games PRIOR to the Buffalo game. The Pats are bringing him along slowly. Its not NONSENSE. Its FACT. Maybe you should actually follow how the Patriots have been handling injuries recently instead of talking out your arse so much. Then you might be able to comprehend that the Patriots didn't NEED to run Maroney in the Bills game because they had already decimated the Bills by half-time and the Pats decided to let Evans and Eckel run in an attempt to keep it from being any worse than it was.

Now, regarding you saying "the Best players play" comment. You are correct. To an extent. BB has always had the caveat that its based on the game plan that is being used.

As was pointed out in another thread, the Eagles actually have a very stout run defense while their passing defense was ranked in the lower part of the league. So the Pats game plan was to come out throwing the ball. Also, as you mentioned, Faulk, who is the Pats 3rd down back, is a tremendous blocker in the backfield as well as one of the top 5 pass catching RBs in the league. So, if the best game plan calls for a passing attack, you put Faulk in, not Maroney.

How is that Maroney's fault?

Hell, do you know how long it took Faulk to become a good pass blocker? 3-4 years.. So, why should I think Maroney should be as good as Faulk when Faulk has 10 years in the league and it took Faulk so long to get to the point he's at.

Maroney wasn't used in the passing game at Minnesota because Minnesota didn't utilize their RBs in that fashion. How is that Maroney's fault?

What is laughable is that people make idiotic comments like they'd wish that Maroney would be like Antwoin Smith (whose best YPC was 4.0 with New England) even though Maroney is running at a 4.4 YPC clip. And the Pats offense in Smith's 1st year was primarily RUN based. In the 2 following years, Smith's YPC dropped to 3.9 and 3.5 YPC.

BTW, people, do some studying. Look at players like Larry Johnson, Tiki Barber, Steven Jackson. It took Tiki Barber 5 years to put it together. It took Larry Johnson 3. It took Jackson 2 FULL years.

Re: Milk Carton: Have you seen Maroney?

This is what you have to bring to this conversation? I think you're the idiot.

Good for you. You have brought even less. So that must make you even more of an idiot.

Sorry, you might have missed the part where I analyzed second year production for first round picks.

Your posts are nearly impossible to read. All you do is hurl insults and conjecture. There's a reason why you get so aggressive, you don't have much skill arguing.

You are an internet tough guy, LOL! I highly doubt you would say that to my face. :D

Internet tough guys make threats of physical violence. I've done no such thing. All I've done is told you what I think you are for your incessant unsupported rants on Maroney.

I would say it to your face. I've told people a lot smarter than you that their ideas were stupid or idiotic or weren't based in fact. I have no respect for idiots like yourself who claim to be realists yet ignore reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes