PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney gets diapers at his locker [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: diapers

Whare's Parcells when we need him? Based on Maroney's prior quotes about not altering his running style despite being asked to, I think we have a glimpse of a problem. The good news is he seems to be a team player and willing to fill a role. Let's see if the kid can mature.
That's right, Parcells. Remember "Theresa" Glenn? That guy turned it around, although I don't know what's up with him now.

I think it's a terrible thing if true.

If BB has a problem with him, you speak to him as a man. Don't put something in his locker like a little b*tch to embarass him in front of his comrades.

I doubt BB did it, if it was done at all.

The other aspect is that Maroney MAY be the type to sulk. It says "you're not working hard, we don't respect you". That's not what you want to say to a guy who, in his mind, is risking his neck every week for the team. I could see it going over like a lead balloon. You can't call someone a baby and not basically be calling their character out, calling them a bum.

Not defending Maroney, although sometimes when he's in there I think it's too obvious that he's going to be running it. It must be; he gets to the line and there are 5 guys waiting for him. No holes at all.

Just waiting for the Maroney/Pats homer brigade to come full force into this thread to defend their boy. Does it suprise ANYONE that there must be players and coaches on this team that are getting tired of Maroney always getting nicked up and failing to play thru pain? The guy runs like he has high heel pumps on. I applaud the coach or player that put the diapers in his locker. The guy is a baby and a BUST.
This is truly a sign of his turnaround.

I think it's a terrible thing if true.

If BB has a problem with him, you speak to him as a man. Don't put something in his locker like a little b*tch to embarass him in front of his comrades.

I doubt BB did it, if it was done at all.

The other aspect is that Maroney MAY be the type to sulk. It says "you're not working hard, we don't respect you". That's not what you want to say to a guy who, in his mind, is risking his neck every week for the team. I could see it going over like a lead balloon. You can't call someone a baby and not basically be calling their character out, calling them a bum.

Not defending Maroney, although sometimes when he's in there I think it's too obvious that he's going to be running it. It must be; he gets to the line and there are 5 guys waiting for him. No holes at all.

i wont doubt BB or the team what they are doing.BB knows better than all of us what he needs to do. They have been here long enough.

Felger is a contrarian who's always trying to stir the pot and play devil's advocate but I've never caught him in a flat out lie. This is not the type of thing you can say and then take back. He would lose all credibility if he did. I don't he he would take the Ron Borges career suicide pill over something like this.

he said it was recorded by comcast sports cameras and should be on the show tonite.

Just waiting for the Maroney/Pats homer brigade to come full force into this thread to defend their boy. Does it suprise ANYONE that there must be players and coaches on this team that are getting tired of Maroney always getting nicked up and failing to play thru pain? The guy runs like he has high heel pumps on. I applaud the coach or player that put the diapers in his locker. The guy is a baby and a BUST.

Your village is calling....

heavy-duty tampons, i think that will wake him up...

Whare's Parcells when we need him? Based on Maroney's prior quotes about not altering his running style despite being asked to, I think we have a glimpse of a problem.

I detected something strange about his remark. Frankly, I think he wants to hold onto some prior style or habits that they want him to lose, and he may be afraid to take the leap.

He'll have to. Perhaps it was the fact that it was the last quarter or so, but Eckyl and Heath hit the holes hard and took no prisoners. If I'm not mistaken, that's what they want the kid to do too. He seems unable to pull the trigger.

Even at that he's effective at times.

He got benched. That's about it. He got benched, he got a message in his locker, and now he's got to start running the way they want him to run for the remainder of the year. Hell, it's not like he didn't have Cory around to show him last year. And Cory scored 13 times.

im a stout maroney supporter, but ur bias of them is very saddening...

im not gonna kiss his *****, like ur kickin it, but if the diapers were a joke, who cares...

the interesting part comes if the coaches put them there, then yea, the message it grow up, ur not in college anymore, play like a man...

either way, if its by the coaches, how bout they let him touch the ball AT LEAST, 10 times a game, BETTER if its 15, THEN they can complain b/c of production

Carefull, the Maroney rump swab sqaud will be throwing a massive hissey fit.
Good one! The best way to shore up a weak position is to ridicule the other person's opinion beforehand. Works in politics, no reason why it won't work here.

im a stout maroney supporter, but ur bias of them is very saddening...

im not gonna kiss his *****, like ur kickin it, but if the diapers were a joke, who cares...

the interesting part comes if the coaches put them there, then yea, the message it grow up, ur not in college anymore, play like a man...

either way, if its by the coaches, how bout they let him touch the ball AT LEAST, 10 times a game, BETTER if its 15, THEN they can complain b/c of production
That's what I wonder about. Maroney said he was good to go and the staff still kept him out for three whole games. And he said he wasn't hurt agaisnt Buffalo, and he never made it back onto the field.

I'm not going to second guess BB if he wants to play it safe with Maroney, and not use him in games that are in the bag, but then it doesn't make sense to say he isn't trying.

Could be a team-mate, could be a joke totally unrelated to football - an episode where he changed a baby's diaper or something. Could be anything, but given that Felger reported it, it probably is nothing at all.

I do wish he'd be given more carries, though. I never heard of a RB that got better by giving him very few carries. To me, you want a RB to develop, give him the ball. Especially give him the ball when the game isn't on the line. He can learn what he needs to learn without costing a game.

Hmmmm, wasn't something similar to this done to Larry Johnson early in his career before he began playing the way he was capable of?

I believe it was **** Vermeil who said that Larry Johnson needed to take off the diapers. I forget if he said that before or after Priest Holmes injured his neck two years ago.

One thing I'll say in LaMa's defense, is that Skippy could be a bit more creative in designing running plays. Where are the toss sweeps, stretches and misdirections? Let's get him more in space, and less inside the tackle box, and see what happens. An occasional lead FB would be nice, too.

Re: Diapers

The only thing that bothers me, at this point, is that it's gotten out to the media and the fans. I love all the behind-the-scenes things that we don't hear about until later, or that only obsessed fans might hear about. Something like this, if it was being used as a motivational tool, could very well backfire if it turns into a media thing.

Basically, if Maroney doesn't have thick skin and takes this the wrong way (i.e. as something to be embarassed about, as opposed to something meant to light a fire under his ass) then we may never see the runner we thought we got a year ago.

I agree that the running play designs and their timing seem to be problematical at times. When Maroney is hit in the backfield, something not intended by the OC has happened on that play. Combine this with a new OL blocking scheme and the possible reluctance of Maroney to run the play as designed and it's not surprising that this facet of the offense is not performing as intended. I say again, there's still time to address this.

Ironic how we're obsessing about a record seting offense but that's exactly what BB is doing.

I agree that the running play designs and their timing seem to be problematical at times. When Maroney is hit in the backfield, something not intended by the OC has happened on that play. Combine this with a new OL blocking scheme and the possible reluctance of Maroney to run the play as designed and it's not surprising that this facet of the offense is not performing as intended. I say again, there's still time to address this.

Ironic how we're obsessing about a record seting offense but that's exactly what BB is doing.

more ironic yet, is how were obsessing about a rb and runing offense that is ranked like 5th in the leage

That's a bit ****ed up if true. . . .

Sorry to go off topic but I'm curious why b!tching gets asterisked in one of my posts but the above gets through. Just curious :confused:
I would expect some sort of consistency in an automatic censor!?!?

Last edited:
Re: Diapers

It's coming up next on Fox Sports tonight.

Felger is a contrarian who's always trying to stir the pot and play devil's advocate but I've never caught him in a flat out lie. This is not the type of thing you can say and then take back. He would lose all credibility if he did. I don't he he would take the Ron Borges career suicide pill over something like this.

Well, he doesn't need to worry about credibility with me. Hasn't had any for quite a while.

Well, he doesn't need to worry about credibility with me. Hasn't had any for quite a while.

Felger can be an arse and I certainly don't agree with a lot of what he spews out but he's not a Borges who flat out lies and has an agenda.

They didn't add any new details on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes