PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mario Williams is now a Buffalo Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
My GOD, what a contract!! :eek:

As I said before, 10 Mill a year was as far as I was willing to go.

And it's been clear that THAT wasn't gonna happen, for awhile now.

Super Mario was only appealing at the right price, at least as far as I'm concerned. :cool:

I can't wait to see the cost of someone with 32 choices to live ending up in Buffalo NY.

I don't know. The NFL Season, for its top players and especially under the new CBA, is an extended business trip anyway and they all aren't Burress or Roethlisberger looking for night clubs to shoot up or bars with women to accost.

As for Buffalo. Yeah, it has its limitations, but Williams can have his primary residence almost anywhere and has a $100MM Contract ($50MM Guaranteed) to get him through the lonely nights by the shores of Lake Erie.

And, I haven't looked at Real Estate in the Boston area for a long time, but I expect that two or three million will buy a lot more house and land in Buffalo than the Boston area.

heh buffalo fans acting as if this is some huge victory. atleast the rats scumbags turn up on this forum after a win.

I went to Niagara Falls once , when Dad dragged us up there in my young teens...that's about as close to Buffalo as I've ever come or would ever WANT to come....no offense, but I'll catch the rest of the Buffalo story on CNN..and the hottest wings I ever et was down in Nawlins and had THIS sauce slathered all over it...

assintubgiftpack.jpg

This is a little like saying, I was in Charlestown, and that's as close to Boston as I'd ever want to come.

It was loud because of all those kids around me screaming "Brady is a ***got!" And, "The cheaters suck!"

That's true. My favorite is "Brady is a lady..." chanted by women???!!! Uh, what?

Then again, you should have seen the treatment of the Ravens fan in the so-called non-alcohol section where I sat for the AFCCG (non-alcohol, yeah right!!) he was physically molested (he was with his wife) with constant hair ruffling and hearty slaps on the back, added to all the jeers. Guy was a weather 55 year old, and after the missed FG, some jerk actually grabbed him by the face and gave him an Al Pacino-Fredo kiss to the cheek, then laughed in his face. The Ravens fan did what anyone would do and threw the guy off, then all hell broke loose.

My GOD, what a contract!! :eek:

As I said before, 10 Mill a year was as far as I was willing to go.

And it's been clear that THAT wasn't gonna happen, for awhile now.

Super Mario was only appealing at the right price, at least as far as I'm concerned.
:cool:
Exacta Mundo....

pulp,fiction,samuel,jackson-f11ce3a6178a6c2dddf6d7e4aad6a16a_m.jpg

Last edited:
That's true. My favorite is "Brady is a lady..." chanted by women???!!! Uh, what?

I noticed that as well -- those Buffalo gals can get pretty abusive.

Then again, you should have seen the treatment of the Ravens fan in the so-called non-alcohol section where I sat for the AFCCG (non-alcohol, yeah right!!) he was physically molested (he was with his wife) with constant hair ruffling and hearty slaps on the back, added to all the jeers. Guy was a weather 55 year old, and after the missed FG, some jerk actually grabbed him by the face and gave him an Al Pacino-Fredo kiss to the cheek, then laughed in his face. The Ravens fan did what anyone would do and threw the guy off, then all hell broke loose.

Passions were pretty high after that missed kick. In my section everyone was hugging everyone else and jumping up and down and falling all over each other. Sorry to hear the Ravens fan got hassled, though. No excuse for that.

That's too bad. I wonder if Michael Corleone would've given that kiss to someone half the poor guy's age. Not exactly the most courageous act of fandom there.

Incredibly stupid move by the Bills. They must be desperate to keep their fan base from deserting in droves--so many years of utter mediocrity now must be starting to pile up for their fans.

Thinking that one huge FA signing is going to make any real difference to such a mediocre team is lunacy.

We've sucked for a decade and still fill a 70,000 stadium very well. I know most PAts fans think the team started in 2001, but there were some very dark years for your team as well. As a kid growing up in the early 90s, I remember a lot of half full stadiums in NE (with talk of the team moving) watching Eugene Chung. But keep looking down your noses at us.

And keep the city smack coming. It makes you cooler and your city better. :singing:

We've sucked for a decade and still fill a 70,000 stadium very well. I know most PAts fans think the team started in 2001, but there were some very dark years for your team as well. As a kid growing up in the early 90s, I remember a lot of half full stadiums in NE (with talk of the team moving) watching Eugene Chung. But keep looking down your noses at us.

And keep the city smack coming. It makes you cooler and your city better. :singing:

Bills can always be dangerous and the Pats never take them lightly. I agree that it's impressive that the fans keep filling the stadium, but such overall lack of success over the long term has to be getting frustrating--which is one of the reasons I think they threw so much money at Mario. Kind of the Cowboys' approach to team building. I could be wrong, but it seems like you still have a lot holes to fill to be investing that much in one player.

Thinking that Williams is going to put that team over the top when they play in the AFCE doesn't seem realistic at this point.

while that guy should not have been physically harassed at the game....when you go to an opposing stadium openly rooting for the other team, especially in the playoffs, YOU ARE ASKING FOR IT.....end of story

I could be wrong, but it seems like you still have a lot holes to fill to be investing that much in one player.

Thinking that Williams is going to put that team over the top when they play in the AFCE doesn't seem realistic at this point.

Specifically, which positions on the Bills starting O and D do you identify as holes?

Please keep in mind, I'm not saying they don't have any, IMO they still have a few, I'm just curious to hear your take as you seem to have a pretty strong opinion about the Bills' roster.

Funny how I don't hear anyone excusing away the Patriots' playoff losses because of a QB injury.

Maybe it's because everyone plays hurt in the NFL?

Not to break balls, but i live and work in Boston, and if I had a dime for every time I heard (or read on this board for that matter) "We only lost the SB because Gronk was hurt" I'd be a rich man.

Injuries do matter. I'm curious to hear your take on how the Pats would have done if they had lost their:

Starting Pro Bowl DT
Starting RDE
Starting C
Starting LT
Backup LT
Starting RB
Starting #2/3 WR
Starting #4 WR
Starting RG
Backup RG
Starting TE
Starting #1 CB
Starting #2 CB
Starting K

And myriad depth injuries.

And on top of that the QB was playing with 3 three cracked (or broken, depending on who you believe) ribs and a damaged sternum from week 7 on.

Look, injuries happen in football, we all get that, and I'm sure the Bills will have their share again in 2012. That said, the rash of injuries in 2011 was unprecedented, and I've been following this team since Fergy was throwing passes to Frank Lewis and Jerry Butler.

Buffalo has been experiencing gd global warming like most of the northeast for the last month or more. Wait 'til mother nature makes the correction and he and the fiance find out they're living in siberia next september...

I laugh you guys act like your team has been the greatest since day one. Way too many teenager fans. Before a tuck rule and spy-gate the Patriots were one of the laughing stocks of the NFL.We can talk about your spygate and cheating and how you got lucky with the tuck rule or how you signed Adalius Thomas $35 million, including $20 million in guaranteed money.

I almost forgot albert haynesworth or Chad Johnson and please don't talk about the city when Robert Kraft in the 90's saved the franchise or you would have no franchise it would be in St.Louis !

I laugh you guys act like your team has been the greatest since day one. Way too many teenager fans. Before a tuck rule and spy-gate the Patriots were one of the laughing stocks of the NFL.We can talk about your spygate and cheating and how you got lucky with the tuck rule or how you signed Adalius Thomas $35 million, including $20 million in guaranteed money.

I almost forgot albert haynesworth or Chad Johnson and please don't talk about the city when Robert Kraft in the 90's saved the franchise or you would have no franchise it would be in St.Louis !
What's your point?

Not to break balls, but i live and work in Boston, and if I had a dime for every time I heard (or read on this board for that matter) "We only lost the SB because Gronk was hurt" I'd be a rich man.

Injuries do matter. I'm curious to hear your take on how the Pats would have done if they had lost their:

Starting Pro Bowl DT
Starting RDE
Starting C
Starting LT
Backup LT
Starting RB
Starting #2/3 WR
Starting #4 WR
Starting RG
Backup RG
Starting TE
Starting #1 CB
Starting #2 CB
Starting K

And on top of that the QB was playing with 3 three cracked (or broken, depending on who you believe) ribs and a damaged sternum from week 7 on.

Look, injuries happen in football, we all get that, and I'm sure the Bills will have their share again in 2012. That said, the rash of injuries in 2011 was unprecedented, and I've been following this team since Fergy was throwing passes to Frank Lewis and Jerry Butler.

My take is that you have a middle of the pack QB, your owner is terrible and your front-office has been in shambles ever since Jerry Butler left for SD.

Pats have led the league in lost games due to injury and players on IR but they somehow find a way to make the playoffs. Why? Because they have a HoF QB, contingency plan better than anyone because their coach knows how to and their owner knows how to generate revenue thus giving the team the ability to build depth throughout the roster by signing good players.

Last edited:
Specifically, which positions on the Bills starting O and D do you identify as holes?

Please keep in mind, I'm not saying they don't have any, IMO they still have a few, I'm just curious to hear your take as you seem to have a pretty strong opinion about the Bills' roster.

You are a 6-10 team that added 1 player. Do we really need to list the holes for you to recognize they are there?

Starting Pro Bowl DT
Starting RDE
Starting C
Starting LT
Backup LT
Starting RB
Starting #2/3 WR
Starting #4 WR
Starting RG
Backup RG
Starting TE
Starting #1 CB
Starting #2 CB
Starting K

I really hate this sort of weak-ass 'analysis', because it's a crock but some people are silly enough to buy it.

When Brady missed all of 2008, was that just an 'excuse' for the Patriots missing the playoffs on a tiebreaker after having gone 16-0 the previous season? When Manning missed all of last season, was that just an 'excuse' for the Colts declining from 10 wins to 2 wins?

Now, contrast that with the Bills. The Bills haven't reached double digit wins this century. They haven't won more than 7 games in a season since 2004. Their offensive line has been crap for years and the receivers who missed significant time hadn't established themselves as anything to worry about before their injuries. So... when Bills fans point to their season and say "only 6 wins, but injuries!", can you see why that's much more excuse making than reasonable analysis?

Last edited:
I don't know. The NFL Season, for its top players and especially under the new CBA, is an extended business trip anyway and they all aren't Burress or Roethlisberger looking for night clubs to shoot up or bars with women to accost.

As for Buffalo. Yeah, it has its limitations, but Williams can have his primary residence almost anywhere and has a $100MM Contract ($50MM Guaranteed) to get him through the lonely nights by the shores of Lake Erie.

And, I haven't looked at Real Estate in the Boston area for a long time, but I expect that two or three million will buy a lot more house and land in Buffalo than the Boston area.

Rationalizing its bearable doesnt move it up higher on the list.
6 months is quite an extended vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back