PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the game is scheduled for late in the year it's cold and windy when they visit. No Colts vs Broncos this year which is too bad.

He chose a team with a extremely good defense that actually had a playoff win last year.

"Extremely good defense?" Denver gave up 40+ 5 times. The Pats actually gave up 3 pts/game less.

There are no valid reasons for thinking his chances of winning are better in Denver than San Francisco.
*really*

I will give you Three 1) The Packers 2) The Saints 3) The Giants.

There are no valid reasons for thinking his chances of winning are better in Denver than San Francisco.

The setup in Denver was the best in the AFC. The only time he wants to play eli in the playoffs is in the SB. Your attempt to paint him as someone who doesn't care about winning is absurd.

ZOMG, Incarcerated Bob was right!

I posted it @8:00 this morning and then pulled it ... :rofl:

Love that guys Twitter name ... wonder if he posts from the can. :p:p:p

Tebow's done more in the NFL than Mallett and Hoyer combined. Why would he switch from QB?

What? Because this is the same argument that was going on last season. Believe me, I love Tebow as a player and had confidence in him but his throwing mechanics still aren't there yet. It doesn't make sense to have him as your number two when the result is a complete switch in offensive philosophy especially when you have another guy (Hoyer) who has been here for years, knows the system, and is quite respected by BB. I'm not saying he can't be a QB still, if the opportunity arose it would be fun to see, but it doesn't make sense to trade for him and keep 4 QBs on the roster as long as you have Brady on the field. If Hoyer is gone this offseason, it's a different story, but why not see Tebow get some reps anyway?

Oh and by the Way DAMN!!!!

I really wish he had decided to go somewhere else. Denver is my second most hated team behind the Jets. (giants might be two now but I havent recovered enough to reasses that yer)

Ever since Shannon Sharpe uttered that phrase call the national guard I have hated them. It was a while ago that I read this so it may not be true anymore but at one point they had beat us more than any other franchis (may have been by percentage??(basically a hazey statement))

I think I may have perferred him in MIA and playing him twice year because lets face it on Denver he has a better chance of making the SB than he would of on MIA. At least initially.

Should have just chose San Fran and made the AFC that much easier for us.

Oh well should make for some fun games in the next few years with those damn Broncos. Bring it

Lol you had to have been typing really fast because this post was infested with mispelled words.

*really*

I will give you Three 1) The Packers 2) The Saints 3) The Giants.

1.) None of them are in the 49ers division. Outside of SF, the 3 best teams in the AFCW and NFCW are all in the AFCW. And the Chiefs should be significantly improved this season.

2.) Patriots/Steelers/Ravens/Chargers.... all teams that Manning would have to face and has had issues with in the past.

3.) 49ers had HFA last year, despite being in the same conference as Packers/Saints/Giants

4.) Take a look at the schedule that talent depleted Broncos team will be facing.

Try again

Last edited:
Good article.

You want to know what to expect from the Broncos this season, taking their schedule into account. Well, they went 8-8 last season and won the AFC West. And with Peyton Manning replacing Tim Tebow, that should be worth four more wins, right? Well, if you think Denver is going to just waltz to the playoffs amidst new Best Buy commercials featuring John Elway and Pete Coors and set to John Denver music, think again.

Full article: NFL.com news: Peyton Manning can't transcend Broncos' brutal schedule

The setup in Denver was the best in the AFC.

Not even close. The best setup in the AFC was in Kansas City. The Jets would have been better. The Titans would have been better. The Dolphins would have been better, if he'd signed early enough to have his receivers brought with him.

The only time he wants to play eli in the playoffs is in the SB. Your attempt to paint him as someone who doesn't care about winning is absurd.

So avoiding his brother is more important than choosing the team with the best chance of winning. Thanks for making my point.

Last edited:
enhanced-buzz-1584-1331577081-26.jpg

The Patriots showed how to slice up that defense last year. Teams will be doing that a lot this year.

But there aren't many teams with a Brady/Gronkowski-like tandem.

I think people are ignoring the risk for Denver, or any team that signs Manning. It has been said that, as part of his contract negotiations, he's "warranteeing" his arm and general physical condition.

Part of the risk with his injury is that he re-injures himself in the same region. The chances of that are obviously higher now than someone who hasn't been injured in that way.

But there's another serious risk: that his nerve regeneration is incomplete. Yes, he can throw the ball. But does it have the same velocity? Does he have the same accuracy? In a game situation, can he display the same excellent decision making he's had during his career?

I don't think those questions can be answered throwing the ball around with a coach or GM. If I were the GM of the team that acquires Manning, which seems to be Elway, I wouldn't trade away my current starting quarterback until Manning has displayed a return to his former self, or some reasonable replica, in actual games.

My dog had a spinal injury similar to Manning's. He had surgery (much more rapidly than Manning did, though it was also a more serious injury), and went through an extended recovery. Still, though he's fully mobile and a reasonable version of his old self, you would never say that there are no ongoing symptoms. Manning has undoubtedly recovered more than my dog, but how do you know he's fully recovered?

But there aren't many teams with a Brady/Gronkowski-like tandem.

You don't need that. If you can hold off Dumervil/Miller, you can destroy that defense. The safeties are done and Bailey's not the player he used to be. The linebackers don't cover all that well, and they've got players that might even be suspended for part of the season.

My dog had a spinal injury similar to Manning's. He had surgery (much more rapidly than Manning did, though it was also a more serious injury), and went through an extended recovery. Still, though he's fully mobile and a reasonable version of his old self, you would never say that there are no ongoing symptoms. Manning has undoubtedly recovered more than my dog, but how do you know he's fully recovered?

Mods please archive this post in the Greatest Patsfans Posts Evah section

1.) None of them are in the 49ers division. Outside of SF, the 3 best teams in the AFCW and NFCW are all in the AFCW. And the Chiefs should be significantly improved this season.

2.) Patriots/Steelers/Ravens/Chargers.... all teams that Manning would have to face and has had issues with in the past.

3.) 49ers had HFA last year, despite being in the same conference as Packers/Saints/Giants

Try again
1) He would have to get through one of those teams in the playoffs.

1b. The three best teams in the West are in the AFC? Whatever you say. The Seahawks have just as good a chance, if not better, to improve as the Chiefs do. If the Cardinals find a QB, they're arguably pretty good too. The Chargers are decent but nothing to be afraid of. They split with the Broncos last year and lost to Tebow.

2) Three of those teams "aren't in his division." And why not dance with the devil you know?

3) Manning doesn't get along with Harbaugh. And like Denver SF has only been good for one season. Who says it's automatic that they'll contend again this year?

Last edited:
I am beginning to think that the 49'ers might be completely hosed. Alex Smith is in Miami and they lost out on Manning. Who plays QB?

Hoyer could.

4.) Take a look at the schedule that talent depleted Broncos team will be facing.

Try again

And you remember that Alex Smith had to have a out of this world Game to defeat the Saints right?? How quickly you forget i didn't even mention the Eagles and Cowboys who will be better next season. You should try again Broncos with that division going away.

1) He would have to get through one of those teams in the playoffs.

1b. The three best teams in the West are in the AFC? Whatever you say. The Seahawks have just as good a chance, if not better, to improve as the Chiefs do. If the Cardinals find a QB, they're arguably pretty good too. The Chargers are decent but nothing to be afraid of. They split with the Broncos last year and lost to Tebow.

The Cardinals QB is Kevin Kolb. The Seahawks QB is Flynn, who'll be a first year starter. The Chargers routinely get the best of Peyton, Mighty Peyton.

As for the Chiefs, they're getting back one of the 2-3 best RB weapons in the NFL (Charles), the best young safety in the game (Berry) and a TE who's got pass catching ability that rivals the best TEs in the game (Moeaki). So, no, the Seahawks do not have just as good a chance to improve as the Chiefs do.

2) Three of those teams "aren't in his division." And why not dance with the devil you know?

They're the playoff counters to the listed teams, assuming the Broncos got by the AFCW. If you're going to jump in, use your head.

3) Manning doesn't get along with Harbaugh. And like Denver SF has only been good for one season. Who says it's automatic that they'll contend again this year?

SF: 13-3
Den: 8-8

And you remember that Alex Smith had to have a out of this world Game to defeat the Saints right?? How quickly you forget i didn't even mention the Eagles and Cowboys who will be better next season. You should try again Broncos with that division going away.

Are you saying that Smith > Manning? If not, your Saints argument is meaningless. Your Cowboys/Eagles argument is even more meaningless.

Your Broncos comment is just a joke. Manning led his team to 10-6 in his last year as a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back