PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Broncos won the AFC west and a playoff game with freaking Tim Tebow at the helm. That would seem to indicate that the rest of their team is pretty good. Citing three teams that didn't make the playoffs last year does not help whatever it is your point is.

Manning has said he doesn't want to play against his brother unless he has to. The Williams sisters try to avoid this (and look miserable when they are forced to do it), the Klitschkos definitely avoid this. This seems like a pretty legitimate reason to have a preference for the AFC. The idea was always to pick the best situation in the AFC. While you say authoritatively that the Dolphins, KC and Tennessee are better situations, the objective facts suggest otherwise, and it is completely reasonable for Manning to think that Denver's situation is best. It's not like he chose Jacksonville over Houston or something.

All I have to say is the Broncos winning the division was more because of other teams lack of ability than their own capabilities. I am just saying...

All I have to say is the Broncos winning the division was more because of other teams lack of ability than their own capabilities. I am just saying...

You can't have it both ways. Either those teams are good and Denver won a good division or those teams suck and Denver won a crappy division. In either case, Denver looks like a good choice. Can you make the argument that Tenn or KC is a better team? Yes, but you can also make the argument that Denver is. It is not like he picked a doormat over a SB contender so he could make a few more dollars. If he is healthy, any one of those teams, including Denver, is a legit SB contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes