PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Colts always had the luxury to bring in WR's that they think will fit into the manning offense. It will be interesting to see how the Denver WR's are able to adapt.

Wow, I honestly didn't think he'd be going to Denver, but there are a few key points that make sense in hindsight. Denver is a pretty good team that made the playoffs last year and I just can't see KC or Oakland challenging for the division. SD could be a problem, but they've dropped off a cliff that last two seasons. If Manning plays anywhere near his previous level, it's almost a free trip to the playoffs.

And I think it's pretty obvious that Elway didn't want to stick with Tebow for the long run, but how were they ever going to dump him after last season? Easy, bring in the only guy that would get people more excited.

IMO I'd love to offer a 3rd round pick or lower for Tebow at this point. Before anyone says that's bad value, what have we done with other third round picks? Mallet who is sitting behind Hoyer on the depth chart? Tyrone Mckenzie? Taylor Price? It would be a great move if he's willing to switch positions.

Tebow's done more in the NFL than Mallett and Hoyer combined. Why would he switch from QB?

Didn't see that coming!

Well-he-didn-t-see-that-coming.gif

The Colts always had the luxury to bring in WR's that they think will fit into the manning offense. It will be interesting to see how the Denver WR's are able to adapt.

If they want to trade Mr. Thomas, I would hope that the Patriots would be willing to listen.

Can't blame Peyton for that Great move Broncos are Best in what is one worst Headcoahing divison in the league. They won the divison with Tebow at QB they have a Good Defense some fine peices on Offense...they are not far away only need QB put em over Top. San Fran still play in the NFC which feature the Packers - Saints and others tougher road to SB if you ask me. AFC on the other not so difficult...the Power in the League have shifted to the NFC.

What a boneheaded move by Manning. He's now in a division with the Chargers a team he has struggled against harder than the Pats during his career. Now he gets the chance to flop against them twice a year. He has more interceptions then touchdowns against that team.

Smart Move! :bricks::bricks::bricks:

Whatever it is, I'm just glad he's not in the AFCE

LOL - Is this a Freudian slip? I take it you mean the Broncos come here next season? If so, oh yeah, it will be prime time.

heh -- yeah. meant Broncos. Trying to keep up while working; guess I let myself get distracted by work; must resent priorities. ;)

This tells us that Peyton is not about winning. If he was about winning, he'd be signing a deal in San Francisco.

Don't know how you reached this conclusion, Manning went to a division winner in the weaker conference, he is almost a lock to go to the play-offs, just like he would have been in SF. I don't disagree that SF is better but he clearly took winning into account as he could have gotten the biggest contract in history had he just opened it up for bidding. Bud Adams made it clear he would pay him anything yet Manning still chose to go to Denver, I think manning took everything into account and made a good decision in the end.

What a boneheaded move by Manning. He's now in a division with the Chargers a team he has struggled against harder than the Pats during his career. Now he gets the chance to flop against them twice a year. He has more interceptions then touchdowns against that team.

Smart Move! :bricks::bricks::bricks:

Maybe that's what he is trying to change.:bricks:

I've responded to several other posters, but here's what I think.

I'm honestly surprised. I didn't think he'd go to an outdoor stadium in a cold weather climate. To show how far off I was, I was wrong enough to have him in AZ until the Cards paid out the Kolb bonus. Next, I had him in TN, where the weather is at least warmer most of the year. I never had him in MIA for essentially the same reason that I never had him with the Jests: I didn't see Peyton going to a dysfunctional franchise. I did rule out San Fran for the obvious baby brother reasons.

The only angle I can see here is that Manning throws literally thousands of passes in practice every year. Throwing them at altitude will probably put a lot less stress on his arm and neck.

Last edited:
Don't know how you reached this conclusion, Manning went to a division winner in the weaker conference, he is almost a lock to go to the play-offs, just like he would have been in SF. I don't disagree that SF is better but he clearly took winning into account as he could have gotten the biggest contract in history had he just opened it up for bidding. Bud Adams made it clear he would pay him anything yet Manning still chose to go to Denver, I think manning took everything into account and made a good decision in the end.

Good Post and the AFC is Not the Powerhouse Conference anymore.

Check out this 2012 Broncos schedule.
Good luck Peyton!! ;)

HOME:
Oakland
Kansas City
San Diego
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Tampa Bay
New Orleans
Houston

AWAY:
Oakland
Kansas City
San Diego
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Atlanta
Carolina
New England

One dome game.

I can already picture the scene......

{ringing phone}

Elway: Hello?

BB: I will give you a 2013 12th round pick and 2014 9th round pick and a bag of Footballs for Tim Tebow.

Elway: {big sigh of relief} SOLD!!!!!

Re: OT Manning is a horse of a different color.

Damn. I was hoping he would land in Miami so his new nickname would be Huckleberry 'Phin. Huckleberry Donk, doesn't work as well.

Wow, I honestly didn't think he'd be going to Denver, but there are a few key points that make sense in hindsight. Denver is a pretty good team that made the playoffs last year and I just can't see KC or Oakland challenging for the division. SD could be a problem, but they've dropped off a cliff that last two seasons. If Manning plays anywhere near his previous level, it's almost a free trip to the playoffs.

And I think it's pretty obvious that Elway didn't want to stick with Tebow for the long run, but how were they ever going to dump him after last season? Easy, bring in the only guy that would get people more excited.

IMO I'd love to offer a 3rd round pick or lower for Tebow at this point. Before anyone says that's bad value, what have we done with other third round picks? Mallet who is sitting behind Hoyer on the depth chart? Tyrone Mckenzie? Taylor Price? It would be a great move if he's willing to switch positions.

The bad value comes into play with Tebow's Round 1. Quarterback salary.

I scoff at anyone who thinks he will re-structure as much as needed to come to the pats as a backup.... just go ahead and try me.... scoff, scoff :p

ONE GUARANTEE GOING INTO THE 2012 NFL SEASON

Denver @ New England on MNF sometime in late November or December

Crap...does that mean Tebow to the Pats rumors start? :eek:
Anytime someone - no matter who - becomes a free agent (or is on the trading block), someone in here talks about them coming to New England.

I think Belichick likes Tebow and could find some use for him, but the Pats won't be willing to offer nearly as much as other teams - specifically Jacksonville and maybe Miami - who could really use him, not just as a QB but also as a ticket salesman.

I would love to see Tebow on the Pats if it weren't for the media circus that would follow him. Plus all his God comments would get criticized far more in this area of the country....

I don't know, looks like Pats fans gave him a nice warm welcome last December ...?

uncle-rico-albums-tebowing-tebow-picture1131-tebowedweb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back