PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning is more skilled than Brady? Please explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I read that first one correctly, the main theme is "The rest of the Colts suck, yet Manning has tremendous accomplishments. Therefore he's utterly awesome."

Way to support your team, guys ...

Which is funny since the next thread over they're arguing that Polian is a superior personnel man who drafts better and develops players better than BB, who only has success because of his deep pockets for FAs. If that's not enough, there's yet another thread next to that that shows the Colts spend the 4th most money in the league on players, ahead of the Pats at 10.

The whole board is riddled with ridiculous contradictions and double talk. One thread they'll say that Peyton only had more weapons because he was able to "develop" Harrison, Wayne and Clark where as Brady couldn't do it with the Pats draft picks, and then in another they'll be arguing that Harrison and Wayne are better WRs than Moss and should go to the HOF before him. They literally talk themselves in circles over there.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd answer your questions directly. My answers are in bold.

(What "skillsets" is Manning better at than Brady?

I think Manning is more of a student of the game than Brady is. Manning has a good arm with good accuracy, but his most powerful weapons is his brain. While he's not on the field, he's most likely watching film and getting a feel for his opponent's defense. This isn't to say Brady isn't a student of the game, because he is. I just believe that Manning studies a little bit more than Brady.

Is Manning more accurate than Brady? His completion % overall is higher, but does it hold up when you adjust for conditions? What about once you adjust for receiver quality?

No. Not at all. I've already mentioned the career head to head to show the difference between the two QBs in the same conditions. Here is a complete list of both quarterbacks' primary targets every year they've gone head to head:

2001: Brady - Troy Brown and David Patten; Manning - Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Marcus Pollard; Advantage - Manning

2002: Brady - Troy Brown, David Patten, Deion Branch; Manning - Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Marcus Pollard; Advantage - Manning (Harrison also cleared the 1,700 mark that year too)

2003: Brady - Troy Brown, Deion Branch; Manning - Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne; Adantage - Manning

2004: Brady - David Patten, David Givens; Manning - Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne; Adantage - Manning (the Colts had an all time great offense that season)

2005: Brady - David Givens, Deion Branch, Troy Brown; Manning - Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokley; Advantage - Manning

2006: Brady - Troy Brown, Reche Caldwell, Ben Watson; Manning - Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark; Advantage - Manning

2007: Brady - Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Donte' Stallworth; Manning - Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Anthony Gonzalez; Advantage - Brady

Is Manning's arm stronger than Brady's? If so, is the difference really enough to make a difference? Should the difference, if any, really be called a skillset?

It may be but I'll still take Brady's long ball over Manning's. The difference shouldn't be called a skillset but arm strength should. In this case, however, between these two I don't think that the tiny difference in arm strength should matter.

Does Manning read defenses better than Brady? If someone says "yes", what's the evidence?

No. His higher interception rate would explain that.

Is Manning a better leader of football players than Brady? Again, if someone says "yes", what's the evidence?

No. That argument is won with Super Bowls. Currently, Brady has three to Manning's one.

Is Manning better at maneuvering in the pocket?

Manning has better lateral and side to side movement than Brady. The two are very slow, but Manning has the quicker feet. However, Brady is better at stepping up in the pocket than Manning despite the fact that you could make the argument that Manning's interior OL is just as good or better than what Brady has had throughout their careers.

Does Manning make better adjustments?

He certainly makes more adjustments but I'm not sure if they are better. To be honest, I'm not sure how to answer this question...

What skills does Manning have that are superior to Brady's, and what is the evidence for the claim? Anyone.....?

On volume stats, Manning tends to win out. On efficiency stats, Brady is pretty clearly superior. Which matters more? Efficiency, of course. That's why Brett Favre isn't the greatest QB of all time :p

On volume stats, Manning tends to win out. On efficiency stats, Brady is pretty clearly superior. Which matters more? Efficiency, of course. That's why Brett Favre isn't the greatest QB of all time :p

Glad it's all settled, then.

Favre isn't the greatest QB of all-time because he did things like throw 6 interceptions in a single playoff game...that, and he was never a member of the exclusive Patriots ball-club, along with the fact that it's purely opinion.

I could argue that a guy that has never thrown a ball in the NFL could have been the best QB ever. I could argue that Coke is better than Pepsi.

The only way Brady is hands-down ahead of Manning is in the handsome category.

Manning looks like a dork, while Brady is very attractive. Manning rates a 4, while Brady rates a 9.5. I think that cute little dimple on his chin brought him over the top.

Put a goat in Mannings hands and see if he doesn't resemble a hillbilly. Put a goat in Brady's hands, and it somehow looks like you want to be a part of that scene...put your arm around him, help him milk the goat, or whatever.

Don't pretend that you don't know what I'm talkin' about.

You're a liar and gay, not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Manning or Brady? Personnel experts make the call - NFL - ESPN
Early article into the 2007 record breaking season of Brady's. I know there's an in-depth video floating around somewhere, I'm just not sure where it is.

This thoughtful analysis would seem to have fairly successfully answered the OP's actual question. Unlike Feldspar's lame attempts to validate his opinion and in the process hijack the thread into another argument entirely. The answer was no.

This thoughtful analysis would seem to have fairly successfully answered the OP's actual question. Unlike Feldspar's lame attempts to validate his opinion and in the process hijack the thread into another argument entirely. The answer was no.

What the hell are you talking about?

The whole thread called for the thinking behind why some people think Manning is more "skilled" than Brady.

On a certain level, I'm the only person that's been true to the spirit of the thread. I didn't "hijack the thread." If you believe I did so, please explain why, because I just don't see it.

This is the first thing said in the original post: "Please note that I'm not asking this to bash Manning, or anyone else for that matter. I'm just trying to get a better grasp of the thinking behind the claim, since it's not just Colts fans who put this forth." Manning: Better skillsets and stats. You gotta realize that the thread was pretty much based on why anyone would hold Manning over Brady in whatever category. Now, I "hijacked the thread" by answering the question it posed?

Obviously, not many people really want to "get a better grasp of the thinking behind the claim." Skillsets and all that...I brought up the fact that Manning calls his own plays and is the king of audibles, but nobody wants to hear the answers to the questions that were asked IN THE FRIGGIN' TOPIC OF THE THREAD. I also suggested that Manning has seen more personal success all things considered IMO, but we don't want to hear that either.

We just want to hear how these claims are wrong. Sorry, but I took the topic seriously and at face value. I didn't know it was a kiss-ass thread.

We start a thread, then don't want to talk about it. That makes sense. I can't see how so many people want to put me down for trying to talk about the subject of the damn thread. They just want to hear "such claims are baseless" and hear the reasons why Brady is beyond reproach. Sorry, but I don't play that game.

You're a liar and gay, not that there's anything wrong with that.....

I have no reason to lie anonymously on a message board, and if I were gay, I'd be on Tom Brady's ass in a heartbeat, like many people here.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, my old pal.

Obviously, not many people really want to "get a better grasp of the thinking behind the claim." Skillsets and all that...I brought up the fact that Manning calls his own plays and is the king of audibles, but nobody wants to hear the answers to the questions that were asked IN THE FRIGGIN' TOPIC OF THE THREAD. I also suggested that Manning has seen more personal success all things considered IMO, but we don't want to hear that either.

This is probably the most overblown part of Manning's game. He doesn't call his own plays. It is often stated that he goes to the line with three plays that he can call and picks from the three. Brady also does the same thing. Yes he also makes audibles, so do most vetran QBs. Brady does it all the time. What makes Manning the King at it? Is he better at making audibles then Brady? I don't know if anyone can make that judgement from our vantage point. My guess is that they are both pretty good at, probably the two best in the league.

Why is it Feldspar continues to tell us how many more total passing yards and TDs Manning has over Brady. I have heard this arguement before from Colts fans and when they break this out you know they are getting desperate. Call me crazy, but when a QB has player in more then 60 more games then another, it makes that one has more yards passing and tds passes then another.

Here are a few facts I know of. Forgive me for not having the stats on some of these facts, these are arguements made before when argueing with Colts fans and dont hae the actual numbers committed to memory, but trust me, they are accurate.

Manning has had a defense finish in the top 7 in the league in points allowed 4 times in his career. Mannings record in the playoffs for those four years: 0-4. He has a rating in those four games of 81 and the Colts averaged 14.75 points per game in those four losses. So it is clear Manning has had the benefit of good defenses as well. Looks like he could not perform well enough to help his team advance in the playoffs in those years.

Manning has 8 playoff losses in his career. In everyone of those losses the Colts offense scored less points in those games then they averaged in the corresponding regular season. So in the loss, the offense performed below average then they did in the regular season. Not the case with Brady.

Including playoff games, if you look at individual games performances, 3 of Mannings 5 worse individual games performances came in the playoffs. Brady did not have a playoff performance in the top 10 of his worse individual game performances. And btw - Bradys two worst playoff games were also games in which the Pats won the game through a 4th qtr comebacks by Brady. So even when he plays poorly, he plays his best when the game is on the line.

And if Feldspar wants to make the claim that Brady needed Vinatieri to win those superbowls, I guess we need to include the same for Manning. Since all of the points scored in the Colts playoff win against the Ravens in their SB run came by FG. They scored 15 points. All field goals. Not to mention the Colts defense performed far better in the playoffs that year then they did in the regular season. Good thing because it may have been difficult for the Colts to win a game while Manning threw 3 tds and 7 ints in those playoff games.

Last edited:
Couldn't you reverse this also? What evidence is Brady better than Manning? (don't say 2 more superbowls).

I just think that we can never quantify them. They're both great players. The patriots will always rather have Brady and the Colts will always rather have Manning. If Brady did not exist, we'd all want Manning to be our QB.

Everything aside, based on what you've seen through their respective careers and how they react to pressure and lifting their teammates, which QB would you rather have calling snaps in a game?

For me, it's a no-brainer......Tom Brady.

(Please note that I'm not asking this to bash Manning, or anyone else for that matter. I'm just trying to get a better grasp of the thinking behind the claim, since it's not just Colts fans who put this forth.)

On another thread, someone made an assertion that I see made quite a bit on message boards, radio programs and television, in one form or another:

That post brought to mind a question I often ask and never get a satisfactory answer to:

What "skillsets" is Manning better at than Brady?

Is Manning more accurate than Brady? His completion % overall is higher, but does it hold up when you adjust for conditions? What about once you adjust for receiver quality?

Is Manning's arm stronger than Brady's? If so, is the difference really enough to make a difference? Should the difference, if any, really be called a skillset?

Does Manning read defenses better than Brady? If someone says "yes", what's the evidence?

Is Manning a better leader of football players than Brady? Again, if someone says "yes", what's the evidence?

Is Manning better at maneuvering in the pocket?

Does Manning make better adjustments?

What skills does Manning have that are superior to Brady's, and what is the evidence for the claim? Anyone.....?

It's completely ridiculous but really comes down to this.

Manning was the first player taken in his draft and Brady was the 199th player taken in his. Those two facts have completely framed the way these two QB's are perceived in the minds of many football fans.

As the top pick, Manning was labeled "great" and "skilled" and "talented" before he ever achieved a single thing in the NFL. His eventual success only served as justification of what everyone had predicted and people tend to like it when their predictions turn out.

With Brady it worked in the opposite way. People felt compelled to justify why he was such a late pick. They searched for and often invented explanations to diminish the incredible amount of success he experienced early on in his career. No QB has ever had a more successful start to their career than Brady (3 SB's in his first 4 seasons) and the idea that a QB picked 199th could be this good didn't sit well with them. Therefore his success must be a result of the system he plays in or the intangibles he possesses. Anything but his god-given talent. Afterall, if he was that talented, he would have been a first round pick. (sarcasm)

);p

Last edited:
What the hell are you talking about?

The whole thread called for the thinking behind why some people think Manning is more "skilled" than Brady.

On a certain level, I'm the only person that's been true to the spirit of the thread. I didn't "hijack the thread." If you believe I did so, please explain why, because I just don't see it.

We start a thread, then don't want to talk about it. That makes sense. I can't see how so many people want to put me down for trying to talk about the subject of the damn thread. They just want to hear "such claims are baseless" and hear the reasons why Brady is beyond reproach. Sorry, but I don't play that game.

Brady is beyond reproach, troll. The categories where he clearly bests Manning according to expert analysts are poise, pocket presence, and consistent mechanics, while the only one where Manning clearly bests him is one I'm not even sure is a skillset, durability. They give Manning the edge on reading defenses but I'm not sure that too insn't a wash. They call arm strength and accuracy a dead heat. You will notice that none of them mention records or yardage or rings since none of those are skillsets. Clutch has been argued as a skillset for eons but they don't go there, either. Manning has been quite clutch in the regular season. Brady has been even more clutch in the post season. But again, that's not universally considered a skillset.

Manning doesn't call his own game. He chooses from two or three options his OC calls in to him but not until he's at the LOS. Half of the theatrics at the line are pure drama...or to kill clock since they seldom huddle. Brady audibles out of the call his OC calls in to a huddle at will. Both run offenses predicated on pre and post snap reads and precision timing. Manning has had the weapons to execute that kind of offense for his entire career. Brady has had to make it work on a second tier talent budget until 2007... Brady has also played with 2 OC's (and twice now no OC...) while Manning has benefitted from consistently playing with one until now. We'll see how he adapts to having a consultant and a rookie OC in his ear. It may also become increasingly difficult for him to have success "calling" plays in the absence of a core group of starters who played almost every snap. NE on the other hand has always used a wider variety of rotational personnel groupings out of necessity - to compensate for lack of overwhelming talent...those grouping limit the amount of wholesale adaptation that can be made at the LOS. What Brady is often left to do is subtely adjust his receivers routes or audible out to a running play.

While Brady may have played for a better balanced team, Manning had the overwhelming talent advantage on offense, consistently, and his cost - including the cost of maintaining the weapons he required in order to succeed - was one of the reasons they didn't have the defense to match. Dungy was hired to make an inexpensive alternative on that side of the ball workable. And eventually he did as in the one year he won a superbowl they had a more balanced offense and defense and that (not to mention luck of the draw facing the offensively challenged Bears) had more to do with winning that ring than the eventual named MVP. Just as a PK carried them to that game...

This is what the analysts concluded:

You almost can't compare them strength to strength because they are both good at just about everything," an AFC quarterbacks coach said. "If you had to pick a weakness, you would say neither one of them is a running quarterback. That's it."

To get a sense of how these two compare from a scouting standpoint, ESPN.com asked three experts -- an NFC pro scout, an AFC defensive coordinator and an AFC quarterbacks coach -- to rate Brady and Manning across a range of criteria. Their evaluations follow:

Arm strength

Edge: Tie
Manning had all the physical tools coming out of college. That's why he was a near consensus choice as the No. 1 overall selection out of Tennessee...

The gap closes, however, when the experts analyze how arm strength translates to throwing a football.

"I think Peyton loses velocity because his balls are not pretty," the scout said. "Brady's spirals are always tight. It's picking on a guy -- Manning's throws are where they should be -- but they are not tight spirals."

Mechanics

Edge: Brady
We leaned hard on the quarterbacks coach for this one. He analyzed both players closely coming out of college. He has studied both as professionals.

"Tom has tremendous mechanics, maybe the finest in the NFL for the last 10 years," the coach said. "I mean, he is different."

Some quarterbacks keep their feet moving. Brady sometimes appears to freeze from the neck down as he surveys the field. He plants both feet and wastes no movement.

"Tom is just naturally accurate and fundamental like Jim Kelly was fundamental," the coach said. "Some of those guys you can look back on and the reason they were so good was because they were so fundamentally sound."

"As a pure passer, Brady is better," he said. "If you did a competition of superstar quarterbacks, Brady would win on style points."

Accuracy

Edge: Tie

Not known as a hard thrower, Brady compensates with his accuracy. Meanwhile, Manning commands so much attention with his pre-snap machinations that it's easy to take his accuracy for granted.

Suffice to say, both players can place the ball perfectly.

"Peyton's strength that is the biggest secret of all is his accuracy," the quarterbacks coach said. "He is just phenomenal that way.".

Bottom line: Neither quarterback misses much.

Pre-snap

Edge: Manning
Manning's ability to control a game separates him from every quarterback in the league -- including Brady -- the experts said.

Tom Moore does a great job of keeping him corralled and saying, 'Hey, I want these three [plays].' Tom calls the game, Peyton makes the choices."

Brady has become increasingly effective at changing plays at the line of scrimmage. He gets the Patriots into favorable running plays when defenses aren't in position to commit an eighth defender to the box, for example.

The Patriots' offensive package is more diverse in terms of personnel use and play count. But the Colts do more from within each play and formation. Their offense is more complex than it appears.

And nobody scares defenses at the line of scrimmage more than Manning, whose pre-snap gestures may or may not signal on-the-fly adjustments.

Poise

Brady screamed harsh words at his teammates following a false-start penalty last week, but the Patriots were so far ahead that it seemed calculated.

Manning has become demonstrably emotional when the Colts have fallen behind in important games.

"You just don't see Brady get riled," the scout said. "Peyton seems like he'll almost lose his composure at times. I'll say Brady almost lets the game come to him, whereas Peyton tries to dictate more things."

"If you couldn't move the ball real well against a team, Peyton would get more frustrated whereas Tom would be, 'You know, we'll get them,'" the scout said.

Durability

Edge: Manning

Pocket presence

Manning has always been the toughest quarterback to sack, but he's taking more shots this season, usually after he releases the ball.

"Manning is seeing so much Cover 2 and he doesn't have as many answers, so he is holding it longer," the defensive coordinator said. "Therefore you get a chance to get hit a little more."

Brady possesses a "spider sense" in the pocket that allows him to avoid trouble as well as anyone, the defensive coordinator said. The scout gave Brady a slight edge in this category.

"He is absolutely beautiful in the pocket," the scout said. "That guy feels it from everywhere, whereas Peyton is more of a 'box' guy, like there is a box there and he'll hit all four corners.

"Brady can slide better to the left and right, he's more elusive. With his footwork, he never seems to be out of position to the point where he can't make a throw. But that is very close."

Well, Brady and Manning are both excellent QBs. You can argue which one is better until the moon goes down.

Manning, however, calls his own plays and does audibles...actually calls the shots a LOT more than Brady. Also, Manning hasn't had the benefit of a decent defense for much or most of his time in Indy. That's why Manning has had to shoulder the burden of his whole team in his time in Indy more than Brady has...a lot more, I'd say.

Manning also had the benefit of having Harrison and Wayne as his top 2 receivers for 7 of 11 years. I think that the most that Brady has had any one receiver is 4 years..

While Manning calls his own plays and audibles, I think you are wrong about how much more he calls the shots than Brady. One of the problems with Manning is that he thinks he knows more than the coaches. And that's been one of his downfalls. While Brady works more within the system trusting his coaches because they can see things he can't.

I figure Brady has had the benefit of a lot of things, including better coaching, something you shouldn't underestimate.

Manning had the same OC for how many years? Brady is on his 3rd different OC...l

It would take me quite some time to consider which of these two I'd rather have on my team during his prime. But I'd have to go with Manning right now. Sorry, but he's much more accomplished. You can't pin the winning or losing of Super Bowls on one guy, so don't bring that up as an indicator.

Manning has NINE season of over 4,000 yards. His other two seasons were pretty close to 4,000...both under 300 yards to that mark. This is an incredible feat, folks. Meanwhile, Tom has had only TWO seasons of over 4,000 yards.

Brady fumbles the ball A LOT more than Manning...a lot more.

Manning has had 11 full seasons. Brady has only had 7 and 2 partials (1 game each). I think this goes more to the fact that Manning has had stability in his receiving corps in comparison to Brady.

As for the fumbles, yes, Brady has fumbled more. But Manning has thrown more interceptions. A LOT MORE.

If you care about passer rating, Peyton's is higher than Tom's. His completion percentage is slightly higher.

Manning is less than a year and a half older than Brady, and Manning has...

19,128 more yards
136 more touchdowns

Manning has played in 176 regular season games with 5960 pass attempts. Brady has played in 112 regular season games with 3653 pass attempts. So, yeah, I would expect Manning to have more passing yards and more TDs than Brady. Its because Manning has been in the NFL since 1998 compared to 2000 for Brady. So you mentioning their age has no bearing on a damn thing.

Manning has just done more...a lot more. Manning is probably the best pure passer I've seen. Not to put Brady down; he's damn good as well.

You asked, I told.[/quote]

Manning has done more, but he's got almost 4 full seasons on Brady in terms of playing time.

No, what you did was spin facts.. Nice job on it.

Last edited:
Well, Brady and Manning are both excellent QBs. You can argue which one is better until the moon goes down.

Manning, however, calls his own plays and does audibles...actually calls the shots a LOT more than Brady. Also, Manning hasn't had the benefit of a decent defense for much or most of his time in Indy. That's why Manning has had to shoulder the burden of his whole team in his time in Indy more than Brady has...a lot more, I'd say.

I figure Brady has had the benefit of a lot of things, including better coaching, something you shouldn't underestimate.

It would take me quite some time to consider which of these two I'd rather have on my team during his prime. But I'd have to go with Manning right now. Sorry, but he's much more accomplished. You can't pin the winning or losing of Super Bowls on one guy, so don't bring that up as an indicator.

Manning has NINE season of over 4,000 yards. His other two seasons were pretty close to 4,000...both under 300 yards to that mark. This is an incredible feat, folks. Meanwhile, Tom has had only TWO seasons of over 4,000 yards.

Brady fumbles the ball A LOT more than Manning...a lot more.

If you care about passer rating, Peyton's is higher than Tom's. His completion percentage is slightly higher.

Manning is less than a year and a half older than Brady, and Manning has...

19,128 more yards
136 more touchdowns

Manning has just done more...a lot more. Manning is probably the best pure passer I've seen. Not to put Brady down; he's damn good as well.

You asked, I told.

Why do people say you cannot give credit to the QB who won because it is a team sport, but then turn around and give total credit to the QB for passing stats? It is a team game right?
Doesn't the OL, running game, WRs impact the ability to put up #s?
How can you discredit Bradys winning in part because of his defense, then credit Manning for 4000 yard seasons? IF it is true that he didn't have as good a defense, then he would be throwing late in the game when Brady is running out the clock, right?

I don't know how people can just post don't count the rings, they belong to the team, and then act as if accumulating stats happens in a vaccuum.

RE: Calling plays
Manning has 3 plays sent in and he chooses among them based upon what the coach has instructed him to look for in choosing.
Bill Belichick has said that one of the tenants of their system is that when the QB comes off the field, they ask him what he is seeing. BB has said that Brady is more accurate in describing what the defense is doing that any player he has seen in his career. In fact, I think he said he never remembers disagreeing.
So if we are talking about making audibles, I will trust the judgment of BB over the demonstrative actions of Manning.
At the end of the day, both are in control of their offenses, and their decision making i that regard comes out in the results. This is a non-topic in this debate.

First of all, half of a team's games are on the road, are they not? Second of all, games don't even get sloppy up North until later in the season, no? I'm from Buffalo, remember? I know about these things all too well. Lastly, I'd say that the weather is an equal factor for both teams, no matter where they are playing, right?

Acutally, just because half a teams games are on the road doesn't mean that Manning's stats aren't helped by playing a minimum of 8 games a season in a dome. So, no, the weather isn't an equal factor for both teams since the Patriots play more games outside where weather can be an issue than the Colts.

As for you being from Buffalo. So what? What does that have to do with anything? It doesn't mean you know what you are talking about. So far, you haven't shown it. You've been all over the place, cherry picking your stats and purposely presenting them out of context.

How many games do you see where the weather is the deciding factor on how well the QB can throw the ball at home? Four...tops? Four at the very most, since November or December don't mean blizzard on Sunday by definition.

Go an look at how many games a year the Colts play outside in November and December. Then look at the Patriots..

The number of touchdowns is not a skill set? So you can throw 2 TDs and be as good as someone that throws 27? I'm sure that's not what you mean, and I'm sure I don't don't what you can possibly mean by that.

Brady throwing 50 TDs in a single year doesn't mean anything?

Manning had the same top 2 receivers for how many years? The MOST consecutive years that Brady has had the same top 2 receivers is 3. And that is now with Moss and Welker.

No I don't. I'd like to address every single play in every single game. Are you willing or able to do that? Some comrades would be nice, too. I'd also like to point out yet again how the rest of the team affects the QB, who is hardly the only person on the team.

Finally, I'd like to restate my opinion that I'd rather have Manning than Brady as my QB. I don't really need a reason to have that opinion, do I? Looks aren't everything.

No, you can have an unsupported opinion. And you can state it all you want. And you can also suffer the reactions from stating that unsupported opinion.

I always find it laughable when people edge toward the "I have a right to voice my opinion" / Freedom of Speech tangent because they forget that it applies to everyone else and doesn't offer them any protection against equal treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News