PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning is more skilled than Brady? Please explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...

you remind me a lot of myself, Deus Irae, to tell you the truth.

Seeing as how you are back in, do you want to address the on the road career QB ratings?

It irks you that you provide a biased and unbalanced opinion to support only your argument, when you could equally write an argument in favour of Brady then compare major achievements or short comings of both?

IF and a big if, you were to write something balanced instead of picking and choosing what to include or omit, perhaps you wouldn't have the "problems" you speak of.

It doesn't occur to you that I'm arguing against ten guys or so?

Also, I'm playing to the topic of the thread. Without me, you guys could just agree and kiss each other on the lips.

Seeing as how you are back in, do you want to address the on the road career QB ratings?

No I don't. I'd like to address every single play in every single game. Are you willing or able to do that? Some comrades would be nice, too. I'd also like to point out yet again how the rest of the team affects the QB, who is hardly the only person on the team.

Finally, I'd like to restate my opinion that I'd rather have Manning than Brady as my QB. I don't really need a reason to have that opinion, do I? Looks aren't everything.

Also, I'm playing to the topic of the thread. Without me, you guys could just agree and kiss each other on the lips.

Alright, Alright, Alright! enough. You kids play nice. :D

Yes, you are arguing against ten guys. Brady can do no wrong, and Manning is a tool.......Ill agree with that.

I'll even agree with 80% of the rest of your statements. I always find it funny how Manning is a choke artist in the playoffs, but Brady is a god. Most people on this board seem to forget that Brady didnt become a god in 2001. He took some time to develop. BB took some time to add talent around him. Yes, Manning had better recievers for most of his life, but these guys can't keep using that same old statement. ITS A TEAM SPORT. Take away the TEAM, and Brady doesnt have 3 rings.

Brady is the greatest (through my homer glasses), but people need to give Manning some credit.

Last edited:

I don't necessarily want to agree with Patriots fans or anyone all the time feldspar. That's not the way I operate.

I'll agree with the prudent and relevant comments and disagree with those I believe are ill-informed, lacking in factual evidence or poorly supported.

Any reasonable poster would be the same.

My gripe with your posting, is the lack of balance. That's it.

OK, let's do that.

Over 11 seasons, Manning has had 52 fumbles with 17 lost

Over 7 seasons, Brady has had 65 fumbles with 29 lost.

Also, believe it or not, Manning has had 17 rushing TDs as opposed to Brady's 5.

Super Bowl wins aside, Manning is a much more accomplished QB than Brady. Take away Vin

When you're resorting to rushing TDs by a pocket quarterback to try to prove your point, you're probably arguing a losing point.

Brady is the greatest (through my homer glasses), but people need to give Manning some credit.
I believe Manning is a great QB nashville.. he's just not the greatest like Brady ;).

First of all, half of a team's games are on the road, are they not?

If you have time, maybe you can come up with a mathematical equation proving Brady better. Until then, it's a debate...one that Manning won't lose, even based on the postseason alone IMO.

Postseason stats.

Tom Brady------------14-3 - 372-595, 3954 yards, 26 TD, 12 INT; 88.0 PR
Peyton Manning--------7-8 - 348-564 4208 yards, 26 TD 17 INT; 85.0 PR

What about them there stats?

On the road.

Career QB Rating

Brady 93.96
Manning 93.27

No I don't.

Says it all really.

My gripe with your posting, is the lack of balance. That's it.

C'mon, now.

Ten different guys attacking you in ten different ways would throw anyone off balance. Although, I don't feel as though I've been thrown off balance. I just don't have the time or patience to respond to everybody that has the slightest discrepancy with what I've said...but this and but that.

That's it.

I'll make you a deal. If you can come to the Bills board and convince them that Reggie White was a better pass-rusher than Bruce Smith, I'll eat my hat.

I think I've held up my own end here, all things considered.

I believe Manning is a great QB nashville.. he's just not the greatest like Brady ;).

I think when its said, and done, Brady will top Manning, but we're years away from that....i hope :D

C'mon, now.

Ten different guys attacking you in ten different ways would throw anyone off balance. Although, I don't feel as though I've been thrown off balance. I just don't have the time or patience to respond to everybody that has the slightest discrepancy with what I've said...but this and but that.

That's it.

I'll make you a deal. If you can come to the Bills board and convince them that Reggie White was a better pass-rusher than Bruce Smith, I'll eat my hat.

I think I've held up my own end here, all things considered.

You haven't held your own, and your arguments have been crushed. The worst part is that it got the thread hijacked, because I really was hoping for legitimate input about my question.

Last edited:

Now there's an argument. I guess id go with Reggie, only because he killed Max Lane in 96.....oh wait,,,nevermind :D

You haven't held your own, and your arguments have been crushed. The worst part is that it got the thread hijacked because I really was hoping for legitimate input about my question.

Crushed is a little harsh. Both sides have presented decent facts to support their belief. He just doesnt agree with you, so you say you crushed him.

Where's 'PATJEW' for a ruling on this?? :disagreement:

Again, I'm the only one that seems to disagree with all of you Patriots homers while being the only non-Patriots fan in the discussion (that's no accident)...and I'm supposed to reply to I don't know how many posts, while none of you will concede to the facts I've presented.

Sounds like a serious double-standard.

Crushed is a little harsh. Both sides have presented decent facts to support their belief. He just doesnt agree with you, so you say you crushed him.

I'm not saying that I crushed him at all. His refusal to deal with huge problems in his argument has done it. If he can't explain how his argument holds up despite its apparent collapse when viewed from the "Dome"/"No Dome" breakdown, then his argument falls.

Frankly, Eagle Eye is the one killing his argument (in combination with his refusal to either acknowledge or refute the importance of the adjusted data).

You haven't held your own, and your arguments have been crushed. The worst part is that it got the thread hijacked, because I really was hoping for legitimate input about my question.

What was YOUR question?

I'll have to make a list.

I'm talking about who the better QB is. I think it's Manning. You, or anyone else, hasn't come close to changing my mind about that in this thread. I've read and considered everything said in the entire thread.

Show me the part where it was proven that Brady is a better QB. More than that, tell me which QB is more valuable to his team. Tell me why.

Again, I'm the only one that seems to disagree with all of you Patriots homers while being the only non-Patriots fan in the discussion (that's no accident)...and I'm supposed to reply to I don't know how many posts, while none of you will concede to the facts I've presented.

Sounds like a serious double-standard.

Well, first of all, throwing in comments about the goat and the like wasn't going to make you any friends. Second, you made a long post which had nothing to do with the O.P. but was sure to rile up Patriots fans on a Patriots message board. Whining now because of the inevitable results is, quite frankly, pathetic on your part.

You hijacked a thread with lousy arguments and you've gotten pummeled for it. That's as it should be.

I'm not saying that I crushed him at all. His refusal to deal with huge problems in his argument has done it. If he can't explain how his argument holds up despite its apparent collapse when viewed from the "Dome"/"No Dome" breakdown, then his argument falls.

Frankly, Eagle Eye is the one killing his argument (in combination with his refusal to either acknowledge or refute the importance of the adjusted data).

False.

Go back. I've talked about that. I won't do it again until somebody around here gives me a big hug.

What was YOUR question?

I'll have to make a list.

I'm talking about who the better QB is. I think it's Manning. You, or anyone else, hasn't come close to changing my mind about that in this thread. I've read and considered everything said in the entire thread.

Show me the part where it was proven that Brady is a better QB. More than that, tell me which QB is more valuable to his team. Tell me why.

I was the OP. You didn't answer that, but went off on nonsense instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back