PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangold chimes in

Status
Not open for further replies.
if mangold was gonna do what he did, he might as well should have been even more over the top than welker. i give nick an F for his performance....LAME

He does realize that he played on a team that got caught doing the exact same thing, right?

What's the big deal, no reason people should be getting their knickers in a bunch :cool:

What's the big deal, no reason people should be getting their knickers in a bunch :cool:

to me it was just lame...he tried to be funny but failed...he shouldve gone over the top in the spirit of the whole thing

I hope we hear Welker Respond something like this

"Well that's high praise coming from one of the best offensive linemen not just on the Jets but in the NFL. The Guy is like a wall, even when he's standing on the sideline, nothing moves him. I just need to be careful and make sure that I don't get tripped up by these compliments which I think is what Coach Ryan and the Jets planned on but thankfully I've got Tom and Coach Belichick giving me all the guidance I kneed so hopefully that shouldn't be a problem."

Maybe throw in a few more kneed/tripping references but you get the picture.

LMAO brilliant!

Wes' reply: "Yeah they should watch me. I usually see about 3 holes that I can get a big one in. *pause* Meow."

Or maybe Wes should go Farva and just blurt out "Chickenf*cker!" Just to be silly.

"Man gold? Giggity."

Wow, and that's supposed to be one of the Jets' more cerebral players. Have to say I'm impressed.

Really, I have absolutely no problem with this kind of trash talk, but jeses, that was the lamest attempt at a subtle shot ever. I love that Jets fans are thinking this is the greatest, smartest thing in the world.

Last edited:
if mangold was gonna do what he did, he might as well should have been even more over the top than welker. i give nick an F for his performance....LAME

Yeh, no kidding. There was a time when the "Spy-Gate" references used to annoy me by opponent's fans. But, now, I am just getting down right bored with it. Please at least be original with the "hate" !!!

EZ76

Last edited:
i thought welker and mangold's were both funny

i think some of you people lack a sense of humor

Mangold was forced. I wouldnt have minded the spygate joke as long as it was actually clever. It wasnt.

Mangold was forced. I wouldnt have minded the spygate joke as long as it was actually clever. It wasnt.

he could have said anything, and the humorless among you would have come up with some reason why it wasn't good

that's how 99% of the typical sportsfan is, to rival players/team members

I hope we hear Welker Respond something like this

"Well that's high praise coming from one of the best offensive linemen not just on the Jets but in the NFL. The Guy is like a wall, even when he's standing on the sideline, nothing moves him. I just need to be careful and make sure that I don't get tripped up by these compliments which I think is what Coach Ryan and the Jets planned on but thankfully I've got Tom and Coach Belichick giving me all the guidance I kneed so hopefully that shouldn't be a problem."

Maybe throw in a few more kneed/tripping references but you get the picture.

Not me. I hope Welker doesn't say anything else... and goes out on Sunday to catch 8 passes for 160 yards and 3 TD's.

The Patriots don't kneed to say anything more.

I_see_what_you_did_there_cat_RE_More_funnies_for_you_all-s480x360-106842-580.jpg

i thought welker and mangold's were both funny

i think some of you people lack a sense of humor

Why the hell are you here anyway?

:cool:

he could have said anything, and the humorless among you would have come up with some reason why it wasn't good

that's how 99% of the typical sportsfan is, to rival players/team members

Welker held up for something like a 9 minute interview, and made it all part of his answers. Mangold's reply was weak.

Mangold should stick to being an ewok.

It would have been a lot better if he came out with it an hour or two after the Welker presser.

thats the thing. it's taken him a day to come up with a retort to somehting that wes was doing off the cuff live... Bit of a wit differential there

Mangold's comment was weaksauce! I hope Pats dont say another word and give the Jets a big foot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News