PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangold chimes in

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Mangold said was fine, I don't understand why some of us are so thin skinned about spygate. It happened and there is no escaping it. What Welker said was cute and Mangold's not as much as the 2nd one jumping in is never as good as the first.

I'm not seeing a lot of hostility towards Mangold in this thread. I am seeing some deservedly unflattering commentary on his retort, but that's not the same thing.

I met someone today that actually thought that what he said was a great comeback! I still can not see how what he said is better then what Welker did considering that no one KNOWS for sure if it was done on purpose or not... lol

Compared to Cromagnon, he is Churchill.
Between Welker, Dustin P and Shaq, Boston has pretty much cornered the market on quality snark, eh? Matt Light is a solid contender too.

My favorit' from the Great Brit:
In response to being told he was a drunk, sir..

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober
and you will still be ugly."

Slightly Modified:
We may well lose, but in the morning,
you will still be a Jet fan.

Last edited:
Mangolds 2 latest tweets:

I make one little joke and Pats fans get their panties so in a bunch that one person told me to kill myself. Stay classy Foxborough!
about 5 hours ago via ÜberTwitter
You know you've struck a chord when people start coming after me about my sister. All I have to ask is, "why so serious"? This is hilarious
about 1 hour ago via ÜberTwitter
Couldn´t agree more. The guy makes a small joke and some patsfans get all worked up because he mentioned spygate. I know Wes wasn´t on that team but come on stop being so serious about it and get a sense of humour. I know many other teams were probably videotaping signal also and yes it seems unfair that the pats were the only team that got caught. But they did and we will just have to live with it. I try to just ignore all the stupid haters who keep bringing it up.

Mangold just tweeted:

"Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate"
24 minutes ago

Very sad

If this were a rap battle, Mangold just got merked. Weak effort.

Some people need to get a grip. If they are threatening him and his sister they really should step back and assess thier life.

Some people need to get a grip. If they are threatening him and his sister they really should step back and assess thier life.

He deserves it, no one messes with Welker and gets away with it.

Seems to me that all Mangold's comment accomplished is verifying that clever subtlety is just another department where the Jets come up lacking.

Mangolds 2 latest tweets:

Couldn´t agree more. The guy makes a small joke and some patsfans get all worked up because he mentioned spygate. I know Wes wasn´t on that team but come on stop being so serious about it and get a sense of humour. I know many other teams were probably videotaping signal also and yes it seems unfair that the pats were the only team that got caught. But they did and we will just have to live with it. I try to just ignore all the stupid haters who keep bringing it up.

Going after his sister? Thats unnecessary.

Look, there's always going to be a crazy fan or two out there - in any fan base.

But how many teams have players threatening to end other people's careers? Let's have some perspective here. Bart Scott is supposed to be a professional - and he has promised to end Welker's livelihood and ability to make money.

That's far, far, far worse and far more surprising than one or two crazies sending Mangold some asinine threatening tweets that they have no intention, means or ability to carry out.

Wait, you know about Mangold's sister right? I wouldn't worry about her. She's probably tougher and stronger than her brother.

Look, there's always going to be a crazy fan or two out there - in any fan base.

But how many teams have players threatening to end other people's careers? Let's have some perspective here. Bart Scott is supposed to be a professional - and he has promised to end Welker's livelihood and ability to make money.

That's far, far, far worse and far more surprising than one or two crazies sending Mangold some asinine threatening tweets that they have no intention, means or ability to carry out.

I can understand that some players are going to be jerks to each other, say hurtful things, etc. A player coming out saying that he will mame another player is completely unacceptable

From a trash-talking standpoint, going after family members just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. As you say, there are many whack-jobs out there that don't have the sense or the basic trait of respecting other human beings.

Last edited:
Vince Wilfork is not going to appreciate manbronze's comments and will probably lay him on his ass a time or two

Wait, you know about Mangold's sister right? I wouldn't worry about her. She's probably tougher and stronger than her brother.

Just looked up the deal w/ Holly Mangold.

Can the Pats sign her for the DL?

Last edited:
Just looked up the deal w/ Holly Mangold.

Can the Pats sign her for the DL?

She's a football player. benches close to 300 pounds. Seriously amazing. Let me see if I can find the story.

She's a football player. benches close to 300 pounds. Seriously amazing. Let me see if I can find the story.

Just read it. Good for her.

Pathetic that she outweighs my wife by 200 lbs. :eek:

From a trash-talking standpoint, going after family members just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. As you say, there are many whack-jobs out there that don't have the sense or the basic trait of respecting other human beings.

It doesn't make much sense to me either - but at the same time, its ultimately harmless. It's heckling that has crossed the line, but its still just heckling nonetheless. No fan is really going to harm Nick Mangold or his sister. It's just words.

Bart Scott really could end Wes Welker's career.

There's a huge difference - and the commish continues to show his Jets bias by not laying a heavy fine on the Jets players who are clearly acting unprofessionally and tainting the image of the league.

I'm sorry but...didn't Mangold open this can of worms himself? OF COURSE there are gonna be idiot fans hiding behind a Twitter handle who have no problem insulting his sister and his ewoked-ness, what did he expect? If a Pats player tweeted something similarly idiotic/unimaginative he'd be bashed unmercilessly by Jets fans...nature of the business (and the interwebs).

As other people have said, I'm done with the pre-game hype and the back-and-forth between the teams. If people are keeping score at home then:
-Rex has insulted Brady on multiple occasions
-Cromartie called Brady an a****** along with various non-sequiturs that only a father of nine can comprehend
-Scott basically said that he'd like to personally injure Welker
-Mangold insulted the Pats organization for something that his own organization was caught doing
-Welker lobbed one cleverly orchestrated insult the way of Rex Ryan and Mrs. Rex

Hey, at least the Jets are gonna win at something, right, even if it's the 'you stay classy' battle!

Last edited:
I'm sorry but...didn't Mangold open this can of worms himself? OF COURSE there are gonna be idiot fans hiding behind a Twitter handle who have no problem insulting his sister and his ewoked-ness, what did he expect? If a Pats player tweeted something similarly idiotic/unimaginative he'd be bashed unmercilessly by Jets fans...nature of the business (and the interwebs).

As other people have said, I'm done with the pre-game hype and the back-and-forth between the teams. If people are keeping score at home then:
-Rex has insulted Brady on multiple occasions
-Cromartie called Brady an a****** along with various non-sequiturs that only a father of nine can comprehend
-Scott basically said that he'd like to personally injure Welker
-Mangold insulted the Pats organization for something that his own organization was caught doing
-Welker lobbed one cleverly orchestrated insult the way of Rex Ryan and Mrs. Rex

Hey, at least the Jets are gonna win at something, right, even if it's the 'you stay classy' battle!

We need a "like" button on Patsfans.com

What's wrong with what he tweeted? We just laughed and praised Welker for doing a similar thing. Harmless trash talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots