PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangold chimes in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangold just tweeted:

"Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate"
24 minutes ago

Very sad

Ok so that's the Jets attempt at being subtle. *shrug* Why should it bother us?
If anything it shows how scared the Jets are of Welker as a weapon.

Last edited:
What's wrong with what he tweeted? We just laughed and praised Welker for doing a similar thing. Harmless trash talk.

Do people bother reading...anything? I'm not sure a single person in this thread (there might be one or two exceptions) said anything about Mangold's thinly veiled insult. People have simply been remarking on the lack of creativity, the completely unimaginative and brutish way he delivered the 'insult'.

Welker's was praised because it was creative, it was 'on the spot', it was 9 minutes of weaving the insult into a press conference. Mangold's retort took 24 hours that probably consisted of (in its entrety) 'duh, let me think...mean about Patriots...duh...insult...uhhhhh...tapes...hmmmm...ewok--no...ummm...I got it, Spygate!'

If you're gonna frame a comeback you better deliver; I couldn't care less what Mangold was talking about, he could have at least made it a bit more creative but I guess that's asking a bit much.

It took him 24 hours to come up with this?

the spygate ones are the weakest...it is old news and clearly is not needed to destroy the jets

Hey Mangold, maybe instead of tweeting copied jokes, you should get a haircut, how about that you knight errant?
F*cking fat slob.
I hate the Jets.

Wow. I never noticed that Nick Mangold was so BLOND and HAIRY. How about some real football talk?
With Woody on I/R, and other Jets OL banged up, they may need some to fill in as the SWING player up front. You know, a BIG ONE that can fill ALL THREE HOLES.

I applaud mangold for actually resorting to a virtual game of dungeon and dragons with a bunch of online crumbs. It's crazy to think that if I had a mytweet account I can talk smack with pro athletes and they actually respond. Jets are just slinging crap at any angle. Foolish, play ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft