PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Man, the chicken littles need to get a grip...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he played a full 16 game season at his current pace, he'd have about 40 catches for 500 yards. It's certainly not game changing, but I think that's as good as we can expect from a 38 year old who seems to have been Plan C. I'm happy enough with Watson individually, just wish he was a TE2 instead of 1.
For comparison, last season Gronk was 47 catches for 682 yards.

I was just adding to the idea of undervalued players being legends in their hometowns. Although I was joking around a bit with my specific example, I certainly didn’t mean to disrespect anyone who has the guts to help our country through service, and have had several members of my own family who have made that sacrifice. I genuinely forgot that Bequette was an Army Ranger. That said, he was the kind of NFL player who fit the category of not doing well here, but is likely regarded as a great player in the town where he grew up.

Without googling it I believe his father was his High School Coach, BB used to have a penchant for that sort of thing.. no harm no foul.

For comparison, last season Gronk was 47 catches for 682 yards.

I'm hesitant to compare stats in Gronk's case. Looking back over the year, it's clear he wasn't as dominant as we're used to, but teams were still accounting for him for most of the year as though he was. And in the end it was still him making the big play to setup the SB winning TD. Not to mention his impact in the run game.

I'm hesitant to compare stats in Gronk's case. Looking back over the year, it's clear he wasn't as dominant as we're used to, but teams were still accounting for him for most of the year as though he was. And in the end it was still him making the big play to setup the SB winning TD. Not to mention his impact in the run game.
Exactly. Even if the stats I dug up above were closer, no one would say the 2019 TEs are as good as the 2018 TEs.

Yeah, I think people who weren't Pats fans prior to this era might be prominent in this year's edition of the Chicken Little Brigade.

That doesn't add up or represent what I've seen here. Most of the older fans that were around for the lean years are grateful for what we have now.

Right next to his picture as an Army Ranger in full uniform on the bottom of the frame is inscribed:

"do your job, work hard, be attentive [and] put the team first”
I don't blame Jake the (Original) Fake ...I blame the man who drafted him.

rofl.gif

Tedy Bruschi, the head cheerleader for the New England Patriots, and a guy who wanted nothing to do with AB, having seen this Patriots offense in recent weeks, thinks the Patriots need to kick the tires on AB if he gets cleared to go by the league.

But it's just the Chicken Littles.....

rofl.gif

Tedy Bruschi, the head cheerleader for the New England Patriots, and a guy who wanted nothing to do with AB, having seen this Patriots offense in recent weeks, thinks the Patriots need to kick the tires on AB if he gets cleared to go by the league.

@oldrover apparently in addition to condescension, pontificating and hurling insults on that list of things you should have learned from the (not so) Great & (nowhere near) Powerful Deus I should have included included straw man tactics and proclaiming victory. My bad

How very fortunate we all are to bask in the glow...

Last edited:
I've run across that in the past. To wit, a couple years ago, I dared opine that whatever 1 PP decides to do w/the Brady/JimmyG thing, I am fine.

Still am, regardless of who you plug into the positions. But Since then I've seen the light. Given the unicorn that is Tom Brady, I still cannot see betting against him as the best bet in any given year.

"Better a year early than a year late" has major structural issues in his case.

All that said, if they decide to make a move, I buy new laundry without "12" on it and we move on.
I think most fans lie in between.
Personally I am a patriot fan first. But by being a patriot fan I greatly appreciate what Brady has done, how good he is, how much he is responsible for the success and think it would take something drastic to make moving on from him the best move.
That said when he is gone the team moves forward and I am as much a fan as ever.

There are a number of folks here who are Brady fans, not Patriots fans. That's OK, but they won't be happy if the team wins without Brady being instrumental.
.and there are also a bunch of Brady bashers, which is mindboggling.
Both groups suck imo.

That doesn't add up or represent what I've seen here. Most of the older fans that were around for the lean years are grateful for what we have now.

Granted, I think I had like a quadruple negative in there, but this is basically what I said.

Essentially, my quote says that a great proportion of the chicken little brigade were not around for any lean years. Go back and re-read.

(Ergo, those who are grateful tend to have been around for the lean years; chicken littles tend not to have been.)

there was a time I would have KILLED a thousand turtles for a 9-7 season as a Pats fan...or at least a clown in a turtle suit

4d4d2fd656bf91206e347f53ad1d8784.jpg

I think most fans lie in between.
Personally I am a patriot fan first. But by being a patriot fan I greatly appreciate what Brady has done, how good he is, how much he is responsible for the success and think it would take something drastic to make moving on from him the best move.
That said when he is gone the team moves forward and I am as much a fan as ever.

It really would take both Brady noticeably declining, AND him being in complete denial about that fact and thinking he should still start. I don't see the latter happening. I think if he truly believed he was hurting the team, he would retire (or take a back seat for the rest of the season and retire afterwards). As for the first, I don't see how anyone could look at the incredible inconsistency of his supporting cast this year and think his play can be evaluated from watching it on TV. I think if he had Wynn and Andrews all year, and even HALF of the WR injuries/turnover that we've had, we'd be talking about how good Brady looks at 42.

It was a lousy game overall, for both teams, and the struggles of the offense has been going on for some time. Instead of telling the "chicken littles" to get a grip, maybe the blind homers should accept the current reality of the level of play (particularly from the offense), and not just the W/L record. That can be done while still believing that things will get better.

That Eagles team is only 5-5, for crying out loud. It's not as if this was a battle between a pair of 8-1 heavyweights.

When I read your post for the first time, I thought, "Wow. DI is gonna get some blowback from this one. "

I basically agree with you, but think much more of the Eagles and their coaching staff than their 5-4 record at game time might suggest. I was right about that. Defensively, the Eagles were a tough match-up for the Patriots under the circumstances (Pats' offensive line a major issue, and two key receivers new to the offense (Harry and Sanu.) The Eagles offense was sorely limited by injuries to their most dynamic players, so the Pats' defense was a major problem for the Eagles.

I agree with the OP that passing the test on the road was a good win. Winning a rock fight with a team like the Eagles in their place is important at this point in the season. We saw toughness on both sides of the ball, and a defense that adjusted and stuck with what was working. That was a dominant three quarters of defensive football on the road.

Elsewhere I posted about Wynn's return and what it can mean to the entire OL and their capacity to execute draw plays, play action and screen pass plays. If the pocket doesn't collapse within 2.5 seconds, the Patriots have the players to create havoc in the opponents' front seven. Those plays take time to develop and an effective pass rush blows those plays up.

The Eagles took all of that away except in the hurry-up offense. They definitely shut down any of the delay action stuff in the Red Zone. I anticipate better execution at home against the Cowboys.

Granted, I think I had like a quadruple negative in there, but this is basically what I said.

Essentially, my quote says that a great proportion of the chicken little brigade were not around for any lean years. Go back and re-read.

(Ergo, those who are grateful tend to have been around for the lean years; chicken littles tend not to have been.)
Hahahaha. “Ergo.” Hahahaha.

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

Interesting that the Patriots offensive struggles bring you so much "laughing emoji" joy.

You've said that once Brady retires, you won't be a Pats fan anymore.

You do realize that hasn't happened yet, right? :)

These kinds of threads are so dumb. God forbid fans express their concerns about the team.

These kinds of threads are so dumb. God forbid fans express their concerns about the team.
A loyalty pledge must be performed before entering the site and only then will scripted adulation be authorized.
Welcome to NE where INTs (or a pass 3 feet behind Walker) are never the sacred goat’s fault.

upload_2019-11-21_10-52-3.jpeg

————————————-

Forgive me PatsFans for I have sinned.
Give me:
10 Our Hoodies and 5 Hail Brady’s as penance

Last edited:
That reminds me...

giphy.gif

...gotta buy some throwin' rocks. :)

Last edited:
I accept ABs apology. Now can he rejoin the team? Im holding back my playoff ticket money until they do so. I need everyone to join me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe