PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like Indy will be 11-5/10-6 at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it looks like Indy will face Leftwich instead of Roethlisberger, further reenforcing my point that this "IS their lucky year"

This is their lucky year?

Manning has surgery right before the season.

Their o-line is decimated for most of the first half of season.

It is the midway point of the year and they have basically lost the AFC South division title race.

Bob Sanders missed six games.

Marvin Harrison is on the decline.

They lost Marlin Jackson for the year.

One starting DT quit football right before the season. The other was cut for being a scumbag.

They can't run the ball or stop the run.

Do I need to go on? The Colts clearly are not having a lucky year. The Redskins are a better team than the Colts and they had more trouble vs. Leftwich than they did vs. Roethlisberger last night and lost 23-6. How is it lucky that they will face Roethlisberger especially now that Willie Parker is back and should be able to run on the Colts' defense? I still think the Steelers can win this game because their defense and running game.

I still have a hard time believing the Colts will do much better than 9-7 or 10-6 (if they can work on their consistency). They are still a flawed team and far from elite. To think they will go 7-1 is unrealistic no matter the competition (although not impossible). The Giants are a far better team and they lost to the Browns. Why couldn't the Colts?

If this was the Colts' lucky year, they would be on pace to go 19-0 with Brady gone and the Chargers struggling worse than they are. If anything, this is the Titans' lucky year.

Last edited:
The Colts only have 2 teams on their remaining schedule that are currently .500 or above, that being the Steelers and the Titans. They have 4 teams that are 3-5, and 2 teams that only have 1 win between them. A pretty easy schedule to help them get healthy in general and in the wild card race. 10-6 seems to be very doable, with a good shot at a playoff spot, but not necessarily, as they are reliant on others.

There are 4 teams currently at 5-3. One will win the East. Baltimore has a tough schedule, with 5 of 8 opponents above .500, but 3 are at home .
Our Pats also face 5 teams with records above .500, but 4 of those are at home, and 3 are in our division. We control our fate
Buffalo has 4 of 8 against teams above .500, and 3 of those are on the road.
Jets have 4 of 8 against teams above .500, with only 2 on the road..

It is the midway point of the year and they have basically lost the AFC South division title race.

One starting DT quit football right before the season. The other was cut for being a scumbag.

Do I need to go on? The Colts clearly are not having a lucky year. The Redskins are a better team than the Colts and they had more trouble vs. Leftwich than they did vs. Roethlisberger last night and lost 23-6. How is it lucky that they will face Roethlisberger especially now that Willie Parker is back and should be able to run on the Colts' defense? I still think the Steelers can win this game because their defense and running game.

I still have a hard time believing the Colts will do much better than 9-7 or 10-6 (if they can work on their consistency). They are still a flawed team and far from elite. To think they will go 7-1 is unrealistic no matter the competition (although not impossible). The Giants are a far better team and they lost to the Browns. Why couldn't the Colts?

If this was the Colts' lucky year, they would be on pace to go 19-0 with Brady gone and the Chargers struggling worse than they are. If anything, this is the Titans' lucky year.

Oh God no please stop.:eek:

Now it looks like Indy will face Leftwich instead of Roethlisberger, further reenforcing my point that this "IS their lucky year"

I don't think thats confirmed yet. Ben is getting an MRI but he usually plays.But, if he plays he might be hurting.

We have faced plenty of Byron when he was on the Jags and always did a good job against him.

We'll see what happens.

Then we get Sage again the week later.:D

Are all starting QBs getting hurt before we face them? Sheesh.

Ok, I give. The Colts are a lucky team. They should be 1-7 now if it wasn't for lucky breaks. You happy now?

I am giving you guys credit that you have had a lot bad things happy to the Colts and this is not a lucky year. If you are happy to admit the Colts suck and without luck they would be down there with the Bengals and 49ers, more power to you. At least you are man enough to admit that they are not a good team and they are having a lucky year.

I can't decide if you have poor reading comprehension, stupid, or really down on your team.

I don't think injuries have anything to do with luck but it DOES get frustrating. All teams get them. It's how you respond to them that determines your luck. Hell I thought the Pats last year were the luckiest team I ever saw with some of their wins but in the end the Giants were the lucky team. I knew they had the SB win locked up when they had 3 chances to get a FG in the NFCCG and then Favre throws the pick. Talk about freaking lucky! And then they showed how lucky they were in the SB.

BTW I never said this was our lucky year lol. I have no idea at all. I always got mad when people said we win because of luck. Maybe we are just lucky in the end to have gotten some of the wins we have. I also think we made the plays needed to win those games as well. It works both ways.

You do NEED luck in this sport; the bounce of the ball going your way etc. Ladyluck can be the deciding factor often.

I think at times this year the Colts have looked good. And at times horrible. lol But, a few of our wins made me say oh my God out loud.

Good teams take advantage of luck. Are we a good team? Not really sure yet.

Last edited:

I agree, Colts so far have NOT had a lucky year, and one game versus the Steelers who might possibly be w/o Ben is not necessarily lucky. The Steeler D plays lights out, and are tough to run on. Willie and Moore will cause problems, although this will be nothing new for the Colts. The 2nd half of our first 8 games have been a big improvement for the Colts RUN D. So, I think they can CONTAIN the run game. The question is, can they make 3rd down stops? Fatty or Ben, it might not matter. Miller, Ward, Holmes, and the like will probably get it done on 3rd down.

On the other hand, at this point, I'd say our biggest "flaw" is the pass rush. it all starts there. Get good pressure on 3rd and medium, and you get off the field. That will be what dictates our success versus the Steelers.

I agree, Colts so far have NOT had a lucky year, and one game versus the Steelers who might possibly be w/o Ben is not necessarily lucky. The Steeler D plays lights out, and are tough to run on. Willie and Moore will cause problems, although this will be nothing new for the Colts. The 2nd half of our first 8 games have been a big improvement for the Colts RUN D. So, I think they can CONTAIN the run game. The question is, can they make 3rd down stops? Fatty or Ben, it might not matter. Miller, Ward, Holmes, and the like will probably get it done on 3rd down.

On the other hand, at this point, I'd say our biggest "flaw" is the pass rush. it all starts there. Get good pressure on 3rd and medium, and you get off the field. That will be what dictates our success versus the Steelers.

Well one thing I have learned this year with the Colts is how hard it is to predict their games.

It's an interesting squad to say the least.

Steelers will be a challenge for sure and will be favored by everyone to win, but I would not count out the Colts either. Who knows, maybe we play a tough game.:eek:

Last edited:
I don't think injuries have anything to do with luck but it DOES get frustrating. All teams get them. It's how you respond to them that determines your luck. Hell I thought the Pats last year were the luckiest team I ever saw with some of their wins but in the end the Giants were the lucky team. I knew they had the SB win locked up when they had 3 chances to get a FG in the NFCCG and then Favre throws the pick. Talk about freaking lucky! And then they showed how lucky they were in the SB.

BTW I never said this was our lucky year lol. I have no idea at all. I always got mad when people said we win because of luck. Maybe we are just lucky in the end to have gotten some of the wins we have. I also think we made the plays needed to win those games as well. It works both ways.

You do NEED luck in this sport; the bounce of the ball going your way etc. Ladyluck can be the deciding factor often.

I think the Colts have had some breaks that could be considered lucky like Sage Rosenfels meltdown, the Dave Thomas unneccessary roughness penalty at the worst possible time in a game with very few penalties, etc. But the Colts have faced a lot of adversity too whether you want to call it luck or not. That is why I was not high on them in the first place to start the season.

I definitely wouldn't say they are having a luck year though. Roethlisberger still looks like he will play at this point anyway. He has been playing injured most of the year and it hasn't affected their win-loss record. So the whole discussion looks to be a moot point.

I think the Colts have had some breaks that could be considered lucky like Sage Rosenfels meltdown, the Dave Thomas unneccessary roughness penalty at the worst possible time in a game with very few penalties, etc. But the Colts have faced a lot of adversity too whether you want to call it luck or not. That is why I was not high on them in the first place to start the season.

I definitely wouldn't say they are having a luck year though. Roethlisberger still looks like he will play at this point anyway. He has been playing injured most of the year and it hasn't affected their win-loss record. So the whole discussion looks to be a moot point.

Agree about Ben and he will probably play unless the MRI really does find something. He has played hurt often but it may affect some of his throws (and he holds onto the ball way too friggan long at times with that crappy o line) if this is that bad. I think he is a drama queen though at times with his injuries. Not sure how hurt he is or if ESPN will be covering his every move for the rest of the week now.:rolleyes:

Sage Rosenfels=pure awesomeness

Yep this has been one interesting season to say the least. whew.

Last edited:
I think the NFL is headed for our most exciting "chase for the wild card" in ages. I am not sure the Pats have enough gas left in the tank to pull this thing out, but 9-7 might be good enough to get in. However we don't have the tiebreaker edge over Indy, so that's what makes winning the division so much more important. I am hoping 2 wild cards come out of the AFC East and the division goes to us somehow. That way Indy sports will be left with nothing but watching Jeff Foster brick wide open 3 pointers(he plays for the Pacers btw):D

Last edited:
I think the NFL is headed for our most exciting "chase for the wild card" in ages. I am not sure the Pats have enough gas left in the tank to pull this thing out, but 9-7 might be good enough to get in. However we don't have the tiebreaker edge over Indy, so that's what makes winning the division so much more important. I am hoping 2 wild cards come out of the AFC East and the division goes to us somehow. That way Indy sports will be left with nothing but watching Jeff Foster brick wide open 3 pointers(he plays for the Pacers btw):D

Or our 60Mil dollar man dive to the floor, chasing after a loose ball, against the World Champs. While he lost his teeth, it was the Celtics who got popped in the mouth;)

This wildcard will be crazy, because I think the tiebreakers are going to be convoluted. Tie Breakers for Division Winners (I could see East and West, and maybe North, having 2 teams tie for the Division), then tie-breakers for wildcards, where when you have THREE or more teams involved, head to head (IIRC) becomes less important (when you have TWO tied, head to head is the #1 tiebreaker). For this reason, it is my hope that Baltimore and NE do NOT win their respective Divisions, because Colts will most likely NOT win theirs, therefore, we want to have tiebreakers over other potential wildcard teams (versus having a tiebreaker over a division winner). A loss to Pitt this weekend (IMO) will be less devasting than a loss to Baltimore (or NE for that matter). Anyway, going to be pretty confusing, I can see a team tying for a Division, but possibly LOSING out of the playoffs altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3