PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like Indy will be 11-5/10-6 at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonia3333

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just took a peak at their 2nd half schedule which looks pretty favorable. Looks like 11-5 is possible, and 10-6 definitely within their reach. The last game of the season will be an exhibition game for TEN as they likely will have everything clinched, so that's an automatic win for IND. But who knows, Fisher might treat it as a playoff game and realize his Super Bowl chances are much greater if Indy is out of the playoffs, but I doubt it. Keep in mind the Pats need to go 12-4 to make the playoffs if Indy goes 11-5, because the tiebreaker edge goes to Indy. Crazy.

Indy's schedule

@ PIT (loss)

HOU(win)

@SD(tossup, I'll say win)

@ CLE(win)

CIN(win)

DET(are you kidding me, CIN and DET back to back? um, win)

@JAX(Del Rio will likely be fired well before this game, but win)

TEN(like I said, TEN has no choice but to rest their starters, WIN)

Looks like Indy can be 11-5 and might be the hot team going into the playoffs.

Last edited:
Keep in mind the Pats need to go 12-4 to make the playoffs if Indy goes 11-5, because the tiebreaker edge goes to Indy.
You mean to be seated ahead of Indy don't you ?
They win the AFC East and they are in !

indy sucks...they're playing like a 1-7 team, and teams like you guys keep giving them wins, i'd be shocked if they finish higher than 8-8

I think 11-5 is very optimistic for the Colts. One game where they played well, but could have easily have lost doesn't make me feel like they will go 7-1 the rest of the way. They might do better than their 4-4 first half, but they could be 8-8 or 9-7 by the end of it all. They are paper thin at depth at a lot of positions.

Besides, if the Pats win the AFC East, Indy's record is irrelevant.

indy sucks...they're playing like a 1-7 team, and teams like you guys keep giving them wins, i'd be shocked if they finish higher than 8-8

I agree, they didnt beat the patriots last night, the patriots beat the patriots, as rare as that is. Usualy after a loss, I say, that the other team played good yada yada yada...but indy showed me nothing last night, infact this year, Id love for them to be the team we play in the playoffs...I doubt BB would make the same mistakes again.

I agree, they didnt beat the patriots last night, the patriots beat the patriots, as rare as that is. Usualy after a loss, I say, that the other team played good yada yada yada...but indy showed me nothing last night, infact this year, Id love for them to be the team we play in the playoffs...I doubt BB would make the same mistakes again.

I agree that we beat ourselves last night. Last night after the bills lost I felt that if we lost it wouldnt be that bad, but knowing that we could have won I'm a little hurt that we let this opportunity slip away. Why do we always make these struggling teams look so good?!!!

Can't really play this game yet. If you looked at their schedule, you would have chalked up their home game vs. Jax (who gave the Bengals their first W) as a win, as you would have their opener vs. Chi (who tried to give the Lions their first W AT HOME no less).

The only two games you can "safely" mark as a W are home to the Lions and home to the Bengals. This team could be anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5...

If they win the AFC East they are seeded ahead of the Colts. Unless think the Colts are going to pass Tenn.

It's seeded, and if we win our division it won't matter because Indy has already given up on winning theirs. SD generally gives Indy fits. Cleveland could give them a game in weather. Tennessee will be staring at a bye so I think they play week 17 barring injuries.

9-7 or 10-6 and it will be a crowded field for an AFC wild card berth... 10-6 could win the AFCE and 11-5 almost assuredly will.

I just think teams should have buried this Indy team by now already. The fact that they're still alive and in this race is a scary thing. If Indy makes the wild card, I could see them making the Super Bowl. After the miracles they've had going up against Sage Rosenchoker, the Vikings 15-0 comeback, and now Gaffney's gaff, maybe it IS their lucky year.

Last edited:
I just think teams should have buried this Indy team by now already. The fact that they're still alive and in this race is a scary thing. If Indy makes the wild card, I could see them making the Super Bowl. After the miracles they've had going up against Sage Rosenchoker, the Vikings 15-0 comeback, and now Gaffney's gaff, maybe it IS their lucky year.

There is a difference between thinking a team is dangerous and thinking a team will go 7-1 the rest of the way after going 4-4 the first half of the season. The Colts were one play away from losing to the Pats last night and were unable to shutdown their fifth string RB. That isn't typical a sign of a team that can almost run the table the second half of the season.

I think Indy has little to no shot at beating SD

They showed me a horrible defense against the run and what kid of day will Tomlinson have against that front 7 if BJGE and Faulk are ran wild last night?

I think Indy has little to no shot at beating SD

They showed me a horrible defense against the run and what kid of day will Tomlinson have against that front 7 if BJGE and Faulk are ran wild last night?

LT never seems to kill us for some reason. I expected us to give up the run to the Pats. Your offense is incredibly balanced, we don't face too many of those.

Never. It was always Turner who seemed to kill us. Faulk has had great games against us too. Are we finally due after a few years for a win against SD? Stay tuned.

Now no way am I going to predict our final season record nor do I care at this point, I am enjoying the one week at a time ride. However, I do have to say I like that we have had some lady luck on our side this season. It gives me flashbacks to the 1995 Colts which was my second favorite Colts team ever. I also think this Colts team is better than people think as well even though I will be called a homer. We have suffered from a lot of pentalites, injuries and lack of consistency. If we can put it all together for the final 8 weeks for 60 minutes who knows.

Last edited:

Great thing is we get him again. Schaub is out for at least a month. We are 2-0 against Sage.

Yeah, you know what the Colts showed me last night? A NE loss.

You guys simply cannot admit the Colts beat you.

Anyone can justify any loss by saying "they didn't beat us, we beat ourselves".

The Colts don't look like a SB caliber team this year so far but the AFC is wide open and no one looks all that great. NE looks mediocre at best.

The Pats now have 3 losses, two of them complete blowouts and your wins came against some pretty bad teams.

You keep making the excuses, meanwhile the Colts have beaten you 4 out of 5. I know, I know, they were all just luck, or the refs gave the game to the Colts or the Pats beat themselves though right?

Last edited:
Yeah, you know what the Colts showed me last night? A NE loss.

You guys simply cannot admit the Colts beat you.

Anyone can justify any loss by saying "they didn't beat us, we beat ourselves".

The Colts don't look like a SB caliber team this year so far but the AFC is wide open and no one looks all that great. NE looks mediocre at best.

The Pats now have 3 losses, two of them complete blowouts and your wins came against some pretty bad teams.

You keep making the excuses, meanwhile the Colts have beaten you 4 out of 5. I know, I know, they we all just luck, or the refs gave the game to the Colts or the Pats beat themselves though right?

Great post:cool:

Great post:cool:

News Flash:

The Colts are looking like Dog doo-doo, that team is going no-where. I think you're angry because of it and you know it. That team is a shell of what is once was. If they are lucky enough to get a wildcard, it's a one and DONE for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I just came by these boards today to see what excuses were being made.

I was DT in Indy last night and you know what struck me? How quiet the Pats fans were and how few of them there were this year.

The past few years when the Colts played the Pats the Pats fans ran their mouths before the game non-stop.

This year Pats fans (the few that there were) were pretty quiet.

News Flash:

The Colts are looking like Dog doo-doo, that team is going no-where. I think you're angry because of it and you know it. That team is a shell of what is once was. If they are lucky enough to get a wildcard, it's a one and DONE for them.

Ha. Typical response. I know they're going to beat the Pats.....because well, they just did.

Well I just came by these boards today to see what excuses were being made.

I was DT in Indy last night and you know what struck me? How quiet the Pats fans were and how few of them there were this year.

The past few years when the Colts played the Pats the Pats fans ran their mouths before the game non-stop.

This year Pats fans (the few that there were) were pretty quiet.

Yeah Pats fans were not walking the streets this past weekend pumping their chests like last season for sure.

Oh let's hear it again WE ARE SOOO LUCKY.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing