PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL even McCourty didn't think he'd go in Round 1...was in bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to take a deep breath, or better yet walk away from the computer for a few hours.
You just said that because he was in the bathroom you conclude he didnt expect to be picked. Did all 32 players hold it in?

i am not assuming anything. he himself said he didn't have his phone on for most of the first round. he had decided at the last minute to turn it on just in case but was fully expecting to go in round 2.

gotta love the BB apologists......it didn't matter who BB drafted, it was the right pick....it could have been Tebow and they would have hailed the pick

the pats really didn't need a CB

They moved up, got a third, and got the player they would have picked at #22.

Did you know the Jets wanted him?

The Vikings also wanted him.

The Saints wanted him.

Seems like a better pick now, doesn't it.

'nanigans! We wanted Wilson.

I don't think it was a bad pick. Like others have said, it's a passing league. You can't have enough quality at defensive back.

'nanigans! We wanted Wilson.

I don't think it was a bad pick. Like others have said, it's a passing league. You can't have enough quality at defensive back.

and it doesn't matter how many you have if you don't have a pass rush

and it doesn't matter how many you have if you don't have a pass rush

This is true. And my Jaw dropped. Very few people saw this and fair play to them.

But today, surely the Patriots draft at olb, de and Wr in some combiniation. I'll give BB a pass on rd 1. But
OLB, DE, WR in whatever order is required.

TE goes with the rd 3 pick (Well done guys on engineering that pick)

So "the Jets wanted him!" = good pick now?

It is truly any port in a storm for the homers...

i am not assuming anything. he himself said he didn't have his phone on for most of the first round. he had decided at the last minute to turn it on just in case but was fully expecting to go in round 2.

I don't know about you, but I don't always have all the control I'd like over when I have to "use the facilities"...as the old saying goes, "When you gotta go, you gotta go." Maybe the guy was a little hyped up or maybe he was drinking too much juice or water.

C'mon!

They moved up, got a third, and got the player they would have picked at #22.

Did you know the Jets wanted him?

The Vikings also wanted him.

The Saints wanted him.

Seems like a better pick now, doesn't it.

wrong.. another misinformed Pats fan. Kyle Wilson is the guy who the Jets wanted, nice job passing up on him. if he was gone they would of taken Hughes

I'll take your word for it that all that's true, but it's kind of refreshing to find a guy with this much talent whose ego wasn't breaking down the walls.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as mystified as anyone as to why we didn't fill in one of the "consensus gaps" in the Patriots Roster with this pick, but I think this thread is silly.

Last edited:

The article you linked doesn't mention anything about not having his phone on or expecting to go in round 2. Where are you getting this from?

Given that cell phones last for days without a charge these days I can't imagine why he would turn his phone off, to save battery?

The real question is - was he going #1 or #2? Did anyone ask?

The real question is - was he going #1 or #2? Did anyone ask?

After he found out he was going at #27,I bet he sh!t his pants...
so maybe the bathroom was the right place to be at that time of the call, eh?

Last edited:

Remarkable foresight on his part ...

Caught on camera as it happened..live.......

A88B5E.jpg

LOL:rofl::rofl:

No kidding. Per Peter King:

I think it's been a while since I talked to a player on the night of the draft who was happier than Devin McCourty. The Rutgers cornerback was euphoric to be picked by New England. When he heard Bill Belichick ask him last night, "Are you ready to be a New England Patriot?'' he could barely contain himself. "I was too excited,'' he said. "Those are the greatest words I've ever heard in my life.'' The Pats got a guy who scouts think can play in the slot or outside, plus one of the best special-teamers in the draft.
2010 NFL Draft has Sergio Kindle, Jimmy Clausen still available - Peter King - SI.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents