PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lewis v White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Reiss on ESPN.com

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...triots-dl-dominique-easley-rounding-into-form

Lewis' acceleration sets him apart. In the competition for the pass-catching running back role, Dion Lewis sets himself apart with his ability to plant his foot on a cut and accelerate quickly. In film review, that showed up multiple times. Two examples were on a 7-yard run (third quarter, 7:20) and an 8-yard run (third quarter, 1:23). On Tuesday, Belichick said of Lewis: "He's done a good job. I like him."

You can tell I'm rooting for Lewis to make the roster ;)

Ha, Reiss caught the same thing.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13560709

You can have ability, but you need to be willing to put yourself out there as a running back. Very questionable in that regard until 2 runs against NO.

We've been waiting for him to step up instead of being tentative.
Well you cant just discount RB's because they dont get it at 1st. RB's have a really butal job. I think you would agree that Ingram is a threat now ? Was he when he started in the NFL?

Well you cant just discount RB's because they dont get it at 1st. RB's have a really butal job. I think you would agree that Ingram is a threat now ? Was he when he started in the NFL?

He was a 1st round pick. If you fear contact, you can't make it as an NFL running back, period. I don't know if or why Ingram started slow. We drafted a guy in the 1st who kept talking about running hard, but dancing in reality. Maroney, 1st rounder, he's gone.

It is a brutal job. When defenses sense you fear contact, you're cooked.

Usually, when you're in the fourth preseason game, it either means you're making a last-ditched effort to get on the final roster, or you're simply trying to impress scouts who might look at your tape and put you on their team instead.

But the fact that Lewis was kept out tonight, means that coaches have seen enough of him and like what they see. That's a very encouraging sign!

The question now becomes, which of the two will be the starting 3rd down back? The fact that White was given snaps tonight, makes me wonder if BB is trying to get him ready for Game 1 against the Steelers. In the case, I'm not sure if Lewis will make the active roster (which is limited to 46 players)

Any thoughts about that?

Usually, when you're in the fourth preseason game, it either means you're making a last-ditched effort to get on the final roster, or you're simply trying to impress scouts who might look at your tape and put you on their team instead.

But the fact that Lewis was kept out tonight, means that coaches have seen enough of him and like what they see. That's a very encouraging sign!

The question now becomes, which of the two will be the starting 3rd down back? The fact that White was given snaps tonight, makes me wonder if BB is trying to get him ready for Game 1 against the Steelers. In the case, I'm not sure if Lewis will make the active roster (which is limited to 46 players)

Any thoughts about that?
I think White is ahead of Lewis only because he has a year advantage ...

I like Lewis better but I'm no expert ... just a fan.

Really hard to judge because we don't see practice and we haven't seen them run with the entire #1 unit.

Both make the roster, I'm fairly certain of that, especially with Devlin out. It's also not often that we have two capable 3rd down RB's on the roster, it will be interesting to see the types of plays run.

RB's are often uncoverable because thye cannot be jammed at the LoS, having TWO players with exceptional quickness will mean that our high efficiency "move the chains" offense will continue to move the chains. I would love seeing EVERY manageable 3rd down with both White and Lewis on the field. Unless a team wants to devote corners to coverage, than either a safety or LB will be exploited by Gronk, Lewis, and White, and Edelman is always a threat to be uncovered.

He was a 1st round pick. If you fear contact, you can't make it as an NFL running back, period. I don't know if or why Ingram started slow. We drafted a guy in the 1st who kept talking about running hard, but dancing in reality. Maroney, 1st rounder, he's gone.

It is a brutal job. When defenses sense you fear contact, you're cooked.

To be fair, Ingram right now is better than Maroney ever was. It took him a while to get up to speed, but to his credit he eventually did. A lot of guys would've mentally caved after three years of relative NFL irrelevance, but Ingram never did. He's the real deal.

RB's are often uncoverable because thye cannot be jammed at the LoS, having TWO players with exceptional quickness will mean that our high efficiency "move the chains" offense will continue to move the chains. I would love seeing EVERY manageable 3rd down with both White and Lewis on the field. Unless a team wants to devote corners to coverage, than either a safety or LB will be exploited by Gronk, Lewis, and White, and Edelman is always a threat to be uncovered.

I don't know about you....but reading this just gave me an erection! :D

Any thoughts about that?

I'm thinking that based on recent events, :Dthe number 3 QB position can now be on the PS and that opens up a spot for an extra wr, rb, or a cb

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3