Letter to the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urgent

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Another season is upon us!
The most exciting time of the year!

I want to reinforce our promise to make this another record-breaking year at the NFL.
The stadiums are open.
The commercials are racked up.
The men are trotting onto the field, their uniforms sharp, their yellow flags ironed.

There is nothing more exciting in sports than seeing a game-changing play negated with a last-second flag.
And there is nothing that blocks a well-timed commercial break more than an efficient 80-yard drive.

We share your excitement both on the field and with the explosion of fantasy leagues. How many penalty yards will your team rack up in opening week? I think I can guarantee that these refs will keep it in their pants less than the Russian army's traipse through Germany.

And there is always the opportunity to dream -- and each of you has a real chance to join the league.
Can't run a five-second forty?
Can't lift 225 pounds?
Can't pass that motor vehicle department eye test?
That may prevent you from becoming a player - but not a ref.

Referees - it's why we watch!

In closing - I want to let you all know that we at the league have heard you regarding your demand to pay for two more games. Your unanimous voice will not be ignored. We are hard at work at the 18-game season, or UDFA January, as we like to call it.

Yours,

Roger Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back