PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Say We Added Carter and Barron

Status
Not open for further replies.
TC will be a time for it to sort itself out, but adding a 34 yr old CB who successfully defended 3 passes in 15 games played last yr doesn't bode too well in my opinion. It was a signing that was cheap and added competition for the roster. Why anyone would assume that Allen is a 'lock' is beyond me.
Hopefully, the rebuilding process continues for the New England Patriots defense via the 2012 NFL Draft.

I would agree with this thinking, especially this year with more CB's who have the ability to play the safety position in a pinch, due to injury or production issues.

6 CB's and 4 S's is one way to look at it, as is 6 CB's and 5 S's--especially seeing as how we have the Slater issue too.

That's all beside the point though...I would still respectfully disagree with the notion that Allen is a lock on this team regardless.

TC will be a time for it to sort itself out, but adding a 34 yr old CB who successfully defended 3 passes in 15 games played last yr doesn't bode too well in my opinion. It was a signing that was cheap and added competition for the roster. Why anyone would assume that Allen is a 'lock' is beyond me.

As noted by myself and others, many will not agree on who will make the roster--so many of these exercises are futile.

Has anyone said Allen is a lock?

Has anyone said Allen is a lock?

It has been mentioned, and I was getting the impression last week that there were some who viewed his signing as pretty much a lock; but as you say, we (many of us, not you) are likely wrongly using the term itself.

The only real locks are probably players 1-30 or so, and even then there will be differing opinions on exactly who those players are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe