PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Leave it to either the Jets or the Steelers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying Bin Laden didn't have anything to do with 9/11 but please folks do some research.. there was some SHADY stuff that went down on that day and we never got the full story. I never believed any of that consipiracy stuff and still for the most part don't but Building 7 has to make you think.. seek the truth

Last edited by a moderator:
More than 1/2 of the world's population claims this isn't true. (anyone who claims to be christian, muslim, etc.)

I think bin Laden was an assclown of gigantic proportions, but I think celebrating his death makes you not much better. Some of us prefer not to sink to that level.

Wait, we're "not much better" than a guy who killed tens of thousand of people because we're happy he's dead???

Makes sense :rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with it. I just find it rather hypocritical that people who decry terrorism are rejoicing in the killing of someone for political reasons.

Especially those who claim to be Christian.

You are flat out wrong.

If you want to argue that the guy was killed without a fair trial. Fine.

But to say that he was killed for political reasons and that he was not a threat to national security is absurd.

Rejoicing in the death of a fellow human being may be in poor taste. But seeing how his actions directly & indirectly resulted in the deaths of 10k US citizens and military personnel over the last 9 years warrants a heavy dose of justice.

Last edited:
Mendenhall is a truther? Always knew he was a bit off.

A) That's not what his tweets were about, see the first one about the Towers.
B) The world is a better place going forward with bin Laden dead and that is worth celebrating.

These are Mendenhall's Tweets:
For those of you who said you want to see Bin Laden burn in hell and piss on his ashes, I ask how would God feel about your heart?

Those who judge others, will also be judged themselves.

I believe in God. I believe we're ALL his children. And I believe HE is the ONE and ONLY judge.

We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style

What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side...

Exactly which one of those isn't about it being disgusting to celebrate death? (other than the conspiracy theory one, which I think is a bit silly)

Last edited:
You are flat out wrong.

If you want to argue that the guy was killed without a fair trial. Fine.

But to say that he was killed for political reasons and that he was not a threat to national security is absurd.

I don't think his death will affect Al Qaeda at all. Its as simple as that. I don't think this makes them any less dangerous.

Rejoicing in the death of a fellow human being may be in poor taste. But seeing how his actions indirectly resulted in the deaths of 10k US citizens and military personnel over the last 9 years warrants a heavy dose of justice.

The official death toll is 2996.

There have been 1461 deaths in afghanistan of US service members.

Yes. He's a terrible human being. Yes, the world is probably a better place with him gone. BUt no, the world is not a better place for people celebrating his death in the streets.

What would have made the world a better place is putting him on trial in NYC for 2996 counts of murder.

PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD!!! Patsfans.com is the last place I want to see political arguments.

I don't think his death will affect Al Qaeda at all. Its as simple as that. I don't think this makes them any less dangerous.

It's just like the FBI's assault on the American Mafia. You take down the top, his #2, then his #3, then his #4. There is a reason leaders are leaders. There is also a reason middle managers and soldiers don't become leaders.

The official death toll is 2996.

There have been 1461 deaths in afghanistan of US service members.

Add Iraq, Sudan. Yemen, etc. He wasn't part of Iraq (although it is believed that Al Queda were operating in Iraq) but his actions put this country's anti-terrorism campaign into overdrive. I concede that i'm off a few # of casualties. No disrespect to the dead. Just making a point.

What would have made the world a better place is putting him on trial in NYC for 2996 counts of murder.

Now you are contradicting yourself as you known darn well he never would have made it out of Manhattan alive and there would have been more rejoicing because the trial would have been OJ Simpson x 1000.

Last edited:
It's just like the FBI's assault on the American Mafia. You take down the top, his #2, then his #3, then his #4. There is a reason leaders are leaders. There is also a reason middle managers and soldiers don't become leaders.

We're going to have to disagree here. I don't believe he was in an active leadership possition while dying of renal failure. I also believe that there are plenty of people ready to step into that role.

Add Iraq, Sudan. Yemen, etc. He wasn't part of Iraq (although it is believed that Al Queda were operating in Iraq) but his actions put this country's anti-terrorism campaign into overdrive. I concede that i'm off a few # of casualties. No disrespect to the dead. Just making a point.

No, it isn't believed that Al Quaed was operating in Iraq. Its known that they weren't until we toppled the government. We created a power vacuum that allowed them to come in.

Now you are contradicting yourself as you known darn well he never would have made it out of Manhattan alive and there would have been more rejoicing because the trial would have been OJ Simpson x 1000.

I'm fine with him not making it out alive of manhattan. I would just rather see the justice system deal with him. I also think that wishing he got tried is a lot different than toasting his death.

Exactly which one of those isn't about it being disgusting to celebrate death? (other than the conspiracy theory one, which I think is a bit silly)

The conspiracy one is certainly silly - but it puts the rest of them into context, doesn't it? What's the basis for his objections? Are they political or religious? Because his conspiracy theories suggest its the former.

This one....

What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side...

I have heard only one side? What is the other side? I should not hate a mass murder that I have never even heard speak? But I have heard him speak, his videos were on the News. But even without hearing him speak I can hate him for his actions.

I celebrate his death. And I wish death upon anyone who does join me in this celebration.

We're going to have to disagree here. I don't believe he was in an active leadership possition while dying of renal failure. I also believe that there are plenty of people ready to step into that role.

All a crock. He was healthy enough to shoot back and use his wife as a human shield.

Osama Bin Laden didn’t have kidney disease, dialysis (Morning Read)

No, it isn't believed that Al Quaed was operating in Iraq. Its known that they weren't until we toppled the government. We created a power vacuum that allowed them to come in.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/terror/RL32217.pdf

Maybe/maybe not but the intelligence data is there. WMDs?? Not touching that one. :D

Another pillar of the Administration argument, which has applications for the
current U.S. effort to stabilize Iraq, rested on reports of contacts between Baghdad
and an Islamist Al Qaeda affiliate group, called Ansar al-Islam, based in northern Iraq
in the late 1990s. Although the connections between Ansar al-Islam and Saddam
Hussein’s regime were subject to debate, the organization evolved into what is now
known as Al Qaeda in Iraq (AQ-I). AQ-I has been a numerically small but
operationally major component of the Sunni Arab-led insurgency that frustrated U.S.
efforts to stabilize Iraq.

I'm fine with him not making it out alive of manhattan. I would just rather see the justice system deal with him. I also think that wishing he got tried is a lot different than toasting his death.

We'll disagree here. Having him taken out out there and tied up with cement shoes saved this country a big distraction. Time to move on.

Last edited:
The conspiracy one is certainly silly - but it puts the rest of them into context, doesn't it? What's the basis for his objections? Are they political or religious? Because his conspiracy theories suggest its the former.

Which was exactly my point: his religious beliefs mean he thinks that celebrating the death of a man is disgusting. There's nothing really controversial about that.

Its how pretty much anyone who is christian SHOULD feel. If they actually have any belief in their religion.

I celebrate his death. And I wish death upon anyone who does join me in this celebration.

You wish death on anyone who doesn't agree with you? Sounds a whole lot like "Death to the infidels!"

I happen to think America can be better than Jihadists. I'm probably wrong.

Which was exactly my point: his religious beliefs mean he thinks that celebrating the death of a man is disgusting. There's nothing really controversial about that.

Its how pretty much anyone who is christian SHOULD feel. If they actually have any belief in their religion.

You're missing my point, though - I think his religious beliefs probably ultimately have nothing to do with his comments about bin Laden. Some of his comments suggest he sympathizes with bin Laden's belief system (namely, the conspiracy theories...), which means that we should take his reaction to bin Laden's death with a huge grain of salt.

My feelings on your point about how a Christian should react to bin Laden's death: I'm not a religious person (heck, nor am I at all a political person, for that matter), so I cannot really weigh in there. I would suggest that there are exceptions to every rule. I'd also suggest that if you believe in God, and if you believe God views all humans as his children, then let God bear the heavy burden of mourning the death of a mass-murderer. Then, let us mere mortals celebrate the accomplishment of those truly heroic Navy SEALs, our country's intelligence, and our Commander-in-Chief and cherish the fact that bin Laden's death is a huge victory in the war on Terror as well as a delivery of justice and perhaps, hopefully, some solace for those who lost loved ones in 9/11.

Last edited:

Where do you get off judging all Christians and how they should feel? I'll respect your opinion, but don't pass judgment on others. If you want to get into the debate there are countless examples that contradict and crush this argument in history. The bottom line is that bin Laden was waging a "holy war" on anyone and everyone that didn't believe in the principles of fundamental Islam. He was willing to wage "war" and kill anyone and everyone by any means necessary. In that case, the man deserved to die the way he did as a simple casualty of war. You know as well as anyone that a trial in NY would've been the worst thing and could've put even more people at risk.

Last edited:
i like how people are getting all upset because Mendenhall is daring to questioning the reasoning in why everyone is so expected to celebrate death, even if the death is of a man who is as reviled as Osama Bin Laden.

i like how people are getting all upset because Mendenhall is daring to questioning the reasoning in why everyone is so expected to celebrate death, even if the death is of a man who is as reviled as Osama Bin Laden.

Again, did you see his original comment on 9/11? It wasn't like these were thoughtful and pensive comments from someone with a clear grasp of the situation.

Last edited:
Where do you get off judging all Christians and how they should feel?

How bout the golden rule? How about "judge not others lest you be judged". How bout "turn the other cheek". "love thy enemy"?

It is absolute hypocricy to call yourself Christian and to rejoice in someone's death. The two things are diametrically opposed.
I'll respect your opinion, but don't pass judgment on others. If you want to get into the debate there are countless examples that contradict and crush this argument in history. The bottom line is that bin Laden was waging a "holy war" on anyone and everyone that didn't believe in the principles of fundamental Islam. He was willing to wage "war" and kill anyone and everyone by any means necessary. In that case, the man deserved to die the way he did as a simple casualty of war. You know as well as anyone that a trial in NY would've been the worst thing and could've put even more people at risk.

Again, I have no problem with him being killed (although I would have preferred a trial). I think he needed to die. I just don't see any good in rejoicing in his death.

I just don't see any good in rejoicing in his death.

Sure, but what's stopping you from rejoicing in the good things that come as a result of his death, but not his death itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back