PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Late Games Thread (Den @ Ind, Sea @ SF, Pit @ Az, KC @ SD, TB @ Car)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can we learn from this Denver-Indy game thus far?

Denver can be easily run on. Which surprises me a bit, but I'm probably out of touch with their D-line situation.

The Broncos CBs are good enough to slow down the Colts (with injury to MH, admittedly).

Let's see if Cutler can make a difference.

I'm am not impressed by Jay Cutler at all.

He does not look like a QB that can get it done when you need it most.

After that last interception he was over on the sidelines with a look on his face as though he couldn't give a crap.

Good Lord, can the Broncos do something please? This is pathetic. Cutler can't hit anyone.

I just don't get it....why can't anyone exploit the Colts defense? Every down they are totally selling out on run.....and I haven't seen anyone use much play action pass against them. Both safeties are constantly playing at the line of scrimmage. It really is baffeling to me

What this week is showing me is that there are less contenders than thought. Only three for sure - Pats, Colts, Cowboys.

Anyone else?

And where is Javon Walker today?

Come on giddy up Donks!

DOESN'T ANYONE KNOW WHAT PLAY ACTION PASS IS?:confused:

:eat3: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I just don't get it....why can't anyone exploit the Colts defense? Every down they are totally selling out on run.....and I haven't seen anyone use much play action pass against them. Both safeties are constantly playing at the line of scrimmage. It really is baffeling to me

Please let them do that against the Pats! :rocker:

Are we all watching the same game? that was a good drive...Colts still can't stop the run.

Wow who got hurt on that play? He looks like he's in serious pain.:(

Are we all watching the same game? that was a good drive...Colts still can't stop the run.

colts dont really care about that much...their idea is to get the lead and once they do they control it.

What can we learn from this Denver-Indy game thus far?

Denver can be easily run on. Which surprises me a bit, but I'm probably out of touch with their D-line situation.

The Broncos CBs are good enough to slow down the Colts (with injury to MH, admittedly).

Let's see if Cutler can make a difference.

Denver is a pretender. Their defense is giving up 166 rypg, in the bottom ten of the league so Indy's ease in running isn't a surprise. Too bad we aren't playing Denver this year. Stop the run and Denver is dead. Looks like it's Indy, N.E., Pitt and Dallas.

Is jamming receivers at the line a lost art in the NFL? Indy's receivers have a first down at the snap every time.

Last edited:
colts dont really care about that much...their idea is to get the lead and once they do they control it.

You might be right...although I don't think any team wants to give up 200 yards rushing by the 4th qtr. There has also been significant discussion about the Colts' "much-improved" Run Defense over last year (until the post-season).

Wow...they are really missing Lynch back there on Clark, no?

Steve Breaston just returned a punt for a 74 yard TD. Arizona 14 Pittsburgh 7. :rocker:

Deion finally showing his worth in seattle

San Diego still looking awful tied at 16 with the Chiefs and the Chief are driving.

You might be right...although I don't think any team wants to give up 200 yards rushing by the 4th qtr. There has also been significant discussion about the Colts' "much-improved" Run Defense over last year (until the post-season).

iam sure indy doesnt want to give up rushing yards. but its the media which blows it up that its going to be their downfall. Even last yr when they lost down the stretch i put it on the offense not being able to control the game from outset.Their team is built on precision offense and okay defense to win and frankly it makes their offense just more impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft