PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LaFell eligible to come off PUP now (EDIT: BB says he is likely to start practicing this week)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is the PUP action on Chris Jones and Dane Fletcher?

Keenan Allen would have killed it in this system. Why people feel the need to try to downplay that is beyond me. I was high on Dobson when he was drafted too but even I can admit that he's been a failure thus far and Allen has turned out to be a stud. We know he's football smart and his route running is exceptionally polished. Of course he would have fit in here. I guarantee you #12 would have loved to have him.

Didn't Allen fall in the draft because of concerns about his knee not healing properly? Seems like the type of gamble that the Pats are generally willing to take (Gronk, Easley, Tate), so I wonder if they were just really high on Dobson, or maybe if the medical staff had red-flagged Allen. In either case, it looks like someone got it wrong.

Didn't Allen fall in the draft because of concerns about his knee not healing properly? Seems like the type of gamble that the Pats are generally willing to take (Gronk, Easley, Tate), so I wonder if they were just really high on Dobson, or maybe if the medical staff had red-flagged Allen. In either case, it looks like someone got it wrong.

He also had character concerns.

Here is a quote from a scout

"There were already character concerns. His stock will drop significantly. ... He didn't interview great at the combine. People thought he was big-timing them -- everything was on his terms. And now this. He was probably in the 15-25 range before. But now he's probably late second round."

Keenan Allen's declining NFL draft stock clouded by drug-test report

Anxiously waiting. Would be amazing to have LaFell, Cannon, Sheard, and Hightower for this matchup because it is a big one. Even 3 of 4 would be great.
Regarding returning injured players, with Sheard a little banged up, how close is Flowers to returning? It would be great to have him back healthy to rotate in.

Yep. His knee was the primary reason he fell. And I, personally, was just as guilty. I preferred Dobson to Allen myself.

3 more weeks i think.

With that said not sure how these guys make it back on the 53.

Unless they IR Flowers which I would have assumed they would have already.

Regarding returning injured players, with Sheard a little banged up, how close is Flowers to returning? It would be great to have him back healthy to rotate in.
Its a total mystery to me. The guy kicked ass in preseason but as I understand it, Grissom has a little more positional flexibility and comes out being a better STer.

Yep. His knee was the primary reason he fell. And I, personally, was just as guilty. I preferred Dobson to Allen myself.

Same here, I thought Allen would be a good possession receiver in the NFL, but didn't think he had the athleticism to be a real WR1, especially (but not entirely) given concerns about his knee. Thought Dobson had a lot more upside. Oops.

I'm well aware of how complicated the Ehrhardt-Perkins can be. I've also seen free agent veterans excel in it. It doesn't seem unreasonable to think that Allen could have possibly been better in this offense than Dobson. Dobson has been a failure, to date, and lost snaps to Martin almost immediately in spite of the fact that he spent two more years in the system than Martin did. Why you're trying to defend a guy that, to date, has been nothing other than a disappointment is beyond me.

The fact that you think this offense is still the "Ehrhardt-Perkins" makes everything else superfluous. It's not and hasn't been since 2001.. Thanks for playing.. Have a nice day.

When do they have to announce that Lafell has been activated?
They have to notify the league the day LaFell starts practicing with the team. From then, they have up to 3 weeks to activate him.. Otherwise he's done for the year.

PUPies have three weeks to start practicing and then three weeks to be activated from there. So NE can defer a decision on them for another six weeks.

I don't think Pats make a roster move with Lafell till Saturday. Need to make sure he can go full out in practice for three days before activating him. Why risk the roster spot till he is game ready.

Never was a dobson fan even in college. Just look at the stats. He's soft.

Lets hope somebody bites on Dropson who looks like odd man out he's now taking up valuable space on our roster.

Yes, we get it. You don't care for Aaron Dobson. Enough beating the dead horse.

The fact that you think this offense is still the "Ehrhardt-Perkins" makes everything else superfluous. It's not and hasn't been since 2001.. Thanks for playing.. Have a nice day.
LMAO!!! Yes it is. It's a modified version of it, sure, but it's the Erhardt-Perkins at it's core. You even recognized as much in your previous post when you talked about the complex personnel groupings. "Thanks for playing", indeed.

Last edited:
I don't think Pats make a roster move with Lafell till Saturday. Need to make sure he can go full out in practice for three days before activating him. Why risk the roster spot till he is game ready.
Karen Guerigian is quoting BB as saying JoJo will most likely start practicing this week.

Karen Guerigian is quoting BB as saying JoJo will most likely start practicing this week.

I know but still don't need a roster move till 4pm Saturday if he is to play Sunday. Can practice all week without need for a roster spot. That's why I don't think they make a move till he shows he can play.

I know but still don't need a roster move till 4pm Saturday if he is to play Sunday. Can practice all week without need for a roster spot. That's why I don't think they make a move till he shows he can play.

Yea.

At any rate, Dobson is looking at a 3rd straight deactivation.

Good to see that LaFell will be participating and that he'll likely play on Sunday, albeit in a limited role most likely.

The Patriots absolutely run the Erhardt-Perkins offense:

2015 New England Patriots Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

So do the Bears, Steelers, Jets, Chargers, Texans and Panthers.

Offensive philosophy (American football) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some have different focuses (Carolina has a read-option element for example), but the core offense is essentially the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes