PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard push]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

Kampmann? The only reason why he is available right now is that he proved last year he is not a 3-4 player.

Exactly, he struggled with the conversion to 3-4 and he's coming off a torn ACL (though he claims he should be fine for training camp).

Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

Exactly, he struggled with the conversion to 3-4 and he's coming off a torn ACL (though he claims he should be fine for training camp).

i think we are better off using our 1st rounder to draft a pass rusher if not our first pick in rd 2.

The rumor could be coming from Pepper's agent just to drive up the price tag for Chicago.

Very possible. Although the Pats strike me as a team that won't be played or taken advantage of. It's in Carl Carey's best interest to negotiate above-board with all teams...

i think we are better off using our 1st rounder to draft a pass rusher if not our first pick in rd 2.
You use it on a pass rusher regardless of whether Peppers signs.

Have we worked with Carly before with any other players?

Yea, TBC hasnt resigned, dont you think its odd that A. Thomas hasnt been cut or traded yet?

Just puts things in prospective how bad the pass rush is and how long it's been neglected.

Yea, TBC hasnt resigned, dont you think its odd that A. Thomas hasnt been cut or traded yet?
So what are you trying to say?

So what are you trying to say?

I thought he would be cut at the start or before FA began.

contractually, there's no rush on AD probebly because there's no bonus due at this time which is what drives most of the cuts at this time

Not in the slightest. He will either be traded or cut by the end of preseason, and he'll be squirming the whole time. Why would he have been cut or traded just because free agency started?

Pats didn't have the 2009 cap space to cut him before today. Today is the first day teams can make trades. We're 12 hours into today, relax.

They also don't want him to go straight to the Jets so they may work on a trade to some random team for a piece of string and a box of tic-tacs.

Last edited:

contractually, there's no rush on AD probebly because there's no bonus due at this time which is what drives most of the cuts at this time

Bingo. Why cut him if you can trade him.

Pats didn't have the 2009 cap space to cut him before today. Today is the first day teams can make trades. We're 12 hours into today, relax.

They also don't want him to go straight to the Jets so they may work on a trade to some random team for a piece of string and a box of tic-tacs.

ROFL, but I LIKE tic-tacs!

He's a Bear. Get over it

They're going to give him silly money despite all his noise that he wants to win something

The Bears finished 7-9 last year. If they put some receivers around Cutler and improve the OL through the draft, they become a team that has a chance, just like a 15-16 others in the league, to compete for a SB. Let's stop with the nonsense that the Pats are the only team that has a chance to compete for a SB.

We can get that much for Thomas? Thats a win for the Patriots and a loss for the sucker team that trades for him! :rocker:

The Bears finished 7-9 last year. If they put some receivers around Cutler and improve the OL through the draft, they become a team that has a chance, just like a 15-16 others in the league, to compete for a SB. Let's stop with the nonsense that the Pats are the only team that has a chance to compete for a SB.

Well the Bears don't have a 1st or 2nd rounder this year, so doubt they will get big impact players through the draft this year. But anything is possible.

We can get that much for Thomas? Thats a win for the Patriots and a loss for the sucker team that trades for him! :rocker:

the pats will likely get nothing at all for thomas, but why help thomas or some other team by handing him over now? the pats can cut him in july

Well the Bears don't have a 1st or 2nd rounder this year, so doubt they will get big impact players through the draft this year. But anything is possible.

You read my mind, kinda hard to fill holes from left to right when you have a couple picks hear n there throughout the entire draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes