PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard push]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

In this post, I'll serve as Patjew's proxy....Sign the beast!

In all seriousness, I am glad that the Pats are making an effort. Not that I needed further convincing to begin with, but its a clear indicator to the Doubting Thomass out there that BB wants to win now.

well...it depends on whether it is a real effort, or just in passing.......it would be interesting to see what the offer was

Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

Sounds like the Bears think they have him all wrapped up.

Erm.....what?

In other words Belichick doesn't give a **** about what you think, so he wouldn't make an offer to Peppers just to make it look like he's doing something.

Ah, f this. Hes not signing here.

I sense frustration..

Peppersfans.com

I hope this means Wilfork is already locked up.

All that's happening is that BB is not closing the opportunity door on a real longshot. A 1% chance of landing a player who'll improve your team for less than top of the mkt offer is better than a 0% chance by not participating with any offer.

Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

Hopefully, these zombie Peppers threads can finally die once he signs with one of the 31 other teams.

Peppersfans.com

I hope this means Wilfork is already locked up.

There's no link there n I'm on my phone what does it say?

well...it depends on whether it is a real effort, or just in passing.......it would be interesting to see what the offer was

I don't think the Pats are that type of FO to make phantom offers just to placate the natives. They may do it to drive up the price for a division or conference foe though.

If the rumors are true, I think it's a legitimate, genuine effort on the Pat's part.

As you point out, the question is the offer and how much in the ballpark is it when compared to the other offers Pepper's has fielded.

I think the agent is just trying to shake more money from the Bears.

I get the feeling Peppers will get more money than Haynesworth did last year, and I can't see the Eagles or Patriots attached to the label, "biggest defensive free-agent signing ever." That usually doesn't equal success.
It does for Jets and 'Skins fans.

There's no link there n I'm on my phone what does it say?

That this board is infatuated with Julius Peppers.

No way Peppers is signed by NE.

No way.

Agent is spreading stuff to drive the price up, or perhaps BB wants to drive the price up. The money could be better spent on 2-3 FAs for the price of one Peppers.

Kampmann anybody?

for the record: Bodden is much better than Samuel ever was.

That this board is infatuated with Julius Peppers.

I heard after he signs with Chicago we are going to trade AD and our first rounder for him.

I don't think the Pats are that type of FO to make phantom offers just to placate the natives. They may do it to drive up the price for a division or conference foe though.

If the rumors are true, I think it's a legitimate, genuine effort on the Pat's part.

As you point out, the question is the offer and how much in the ballpark is it when compared to the other offers Pepper's has fielded.

well....depending on the kind of offer peppers signs with the bears, the pats offer may be irrelevant anyway

Yeah, Belichick has never cared what people think of him. Why would they want to make it sound like they are willing to spend big bucks on Peppers with Wilfork unsigned. I would be for it if they really want Peppers, but it is a stupid move to make it look like you are going to spend big bucks on Peppers just to placate fans when you got big contracts due to Wilfork, Brady, and Mankins.

The rumor could be coming from Pepper's agent just to drive up the price tag for Chicago.

As someone said on this board the other day, SIGN the beast! :D

No way Peppers is signed by NE.

No way.

Agent is spreading stuff to drive the price up, or perhaps BB wants to drive the price up. The money could be better spent on 2-3 FAs for the price of one Peppers.

Kampmann anybody?

Why would bb waste his time by driving up the price for the bears or eagles? It makes no sense, neither team is in the division or let alone same confrence.

He's a Bear. Get over it

They're going to give him silly money despite all his noise that he wants to win something

Kampmann anybody?

Kampmann? The only reason why he is available right now is that he proved last year he is not a 3-4 player.

kool-aid-man.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back