PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard push]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Espn Pats bears eagles have offers for Peppers

Its a moot point, he is going to be a Bear.... Yes there trying, but its probably not even close to what he wants..

and this came out 2 hours befor he gets off the plane. to talk to the bears.

he's got he's agent working hard lol.

Its a moot point, he is going to be a Bear.... Yes there trying, but its probably not even close to what he wants..

I think the chances are very slim......but Peppers hasn't been one of these guys talking about how much he needs to get paid.. and has expressed that he wants to play in a 3-4 which.. the bears and to my knowledge neither the eagles play..

If he makes it out of Chicago w/out signing.. I think we are looking good :bricks:

But this can't be true. The geniuses on this very forum have confirmed that BB and Caserio have opted for the passive approach and are sitting FA out this year.

La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [merged]

http://twitter.com/

caplannfl There's your pats....RT @JasonLaCanfora: Pats and Eagles have offers on table for Julius Peppers as well as Bears.
2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

tomecurran NFL Network reports Patriots, Eagles and Bears offered Peppers already. Chi obviously has inside trak w/Peppers there e-day
2 minutes ago via txt

RapSheet RT @JasonLaCanfora: #Pats and Eagles have offers on table for Julius Peppers as well as Bears.
3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

JasonLaCanfora Pats and Eagles have offers on table for Julius Peppers as well as Bears.
6 minutes ago via mobile web

Last edited:

But this can't be true. The geniuses on this very forum have confirmed that BB and Caserio have opted for the passive approach and are sitting FA out this year.

only if a FA goes to foxborough and begs, do they have any kind of chance to play for the pats........they'll take the minimum and they will love it

ok, mr expert

You think Chicago , who just went to carolina to pick him up on a plane to take him to chicago just so he could leave to come to the pats.??? Im just being a realist.... I will be more than happy to admit i was wrong, but Im not getting to excited about this... Like I said Id be glad to be wrong, but its not going to happen..

only if a FA goes to foxborough and begs, do they have any kind of chance to play for the pats........they'll take the minimum and they will love it

Yes, because if history is any indication this is precisely how the Patriots approach free agency :rolleyes:

So far. Peppers has been a done deal with the Redskins, Bears, and Seahawks. None have produced yet. In 2003, Colvin "signed" with the Lions (yes, it was even announced the deal was official by many reports) before he actually signed with the Pats.

There is a lot of BS going on out there right now. You can't trust everything you read or hear. As of early this morning, the Bears could have had the best offer and the Pats or Eagles jumped in and trumped it finding out that the Bears' offer is not as good as they thought it was. Until Peppers signs, don't assume he will end up anywhere.

Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [merged]

I dont see us grabbing Peppers. He is asking to much, he is about the money and if the Patriots are being to cheap to sign their own players what makes you think we can get Peppers? Again lets worry about resigning Wilfork, Bodden, Banta-Cain, Faulk.

Yes, because if history is any indication this is precisely how the Patriots approach free agency :rolleyes:

Thomas & Colvin were pretty much the most highly sought after defensive FAs the year the Pats signed them. Certainly the top LBs.

I dont see us grabbing Peppers. He is asking to much, he is about the money and if the Patriots are being to cheap to sign their own players what makes you think we can get Peppers? Again lets worry about resigning Wilfork, Bodden, Banta-Cain, Faulk.

On what basis are you claiming the Patriots are "being cheap to sign their own players"?

wilfork, yes....but the others are irrelevant if the pats don't have a pass rush..........faulk will come for short $$, so will TBC.....but neither are starters

Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

Rapoport at 10:58 AM:

RapSheet

Confirmed. The Patriots are making a push for Julius Peppers, I'm told. A hard push. But Bears have inside track less than 20 seconds ago

Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

Rapoport at 10:58 AM:

Hope it's not too little too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill