PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

keeping 5 RBs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
shakadave said:
Truly I don't follow ST closely enough to name names. I'll bet someone else can help me out here. But let's say Pass and Klecko were considered equal on ST, but Klecko wasn't really adding much to our defense. Then Pass makes the team as a "5th RB" but really as a ST player.

It certianly is possible. If you want to say Pass over Klecko, sure I can buy that, and truly I haven't the foggiest on who will emerge as our ST guys. We have a lot of younger, interesting prospects that might one day be starters. But we need to see them actually play first I guess.

If the CB is "clearly the better return guy" then I agree with you. But if they're pretty close in return ability, and we could use depth at RB more than extra depth at CB, there's what I'm saying.

I can agree with that no problem. But that is kinda the third tie breaker. If it comes down between a starter and non-starter, then to a ST guy or not, and if they are both back-ups with equal ST skills, then yes you then go back to thier value as a backup at their positions.

MDPATSFAN said:
Yes..then there was the backbreaker in Denver the following week. Every 27 touches...BOINK! As predictable as the sun rising each day.

MD -
I included the Denver fumble. Faulk only had 2 fumbles while rushing last year.

DaBruinz said:
I included the Denver fumble. Faulk only had 2 fumbles while rushing last year.
Unfortunately he also only had 64 carries last year (including the playoffs).

You are correct the 2 other fumbles occurred during 30 something odd receptions and 8 returns. It still works out to horrible ball security no matter how you slice it. It's not just a problem isolated to last season either, it goes all the way back to his college days. Anyone who thinks he can carry a load without backbreaking fumbles is kidding themselves.

Just for comparisons sake.

Corey Dillion has lost 17 fumbles in 4175 touches.

Kevin Faulk has lost 16 fumbles in 1048 touches.

Nuff said....

patsox23 said:
Right, except I didn't say that. I said it's in the same REALM, not that it's the same thing. Try reading.
Try understanding what you are writing. Cutting Pass is not in the same realm as cutting Ty Warren.

patsox23 said:
As for your comparison to Lawyer Milloy, they're not analogous. Milloy was NOT productive and was overpaid.
You're joking, right? Or are you not understanding what you are reading again? Trying to say Faulk is more effective (or more important or more valuable or anything except more expendable) than Milloy was in 2003 is total horse manure. Milloy left here and was signed For millions a year. Think that will happen to Faulk when he is cut? Do you know why?

patsox23 said:
Faulk remains a productive and clutch player on the Patriots - this is based on comments made by BELICHICK.
Try reading before posting. I did not say that Faulk was not productive. I said that the 53-man roster is based onmore than productivity. It is based on value and how the teamis put together. Lots of productive players are cut. Including WMG and Milloy.

DaBruinz said:
You shouldn't over-look Faulk's 8.5 YPC against Jacksonville in the play-offs.
It was an awesome game for Faulk. As awesome as Mike CLoud's game agaisnt the Titans in 2003 and Jermaine Wiggins ten catches in the SNow Bowl.

But one game does not define a career.

Faulk can catch and Faulk can run. So can Patrick Pass. SO can a number of RBs. Faulk's destiny is not in his hands. If Maroney shows the ability to catch out of the backfield and can show the ability to pick up the blitz, Faulk is not needed. On third and three, with Faulk in teh backfield, we pass. With Maroney on the field, same situation, the run is also possible. And it opens a roster spot.

Pats726 said:
I think they could keep 5..one being the TE/FB Mills. ....... It may not happen, but to say it definitely will not is folly.
Pats726 said:
I think Mgtch has given ample reasoning as to how it COULD happen..Carry 3 carry 4..carry 5 all options are available...and possible. it is you who are saying NOT possible..WON'T happen..and that is a paradigm that you have artificially set up...I doubt it is one that is real. 3 TEs??? yes..that is closer to it..they always have started with 3..and if they keep Mills as TE/FB..he could be considered a 4th..or a 5th RB. but NO WAY carrying 5?? Not a paradigm.
Actually, I TOTALLY agree with your points !! It is certainly possible number-wise and Belichick is nothing if not adaptable and ready to optimize in unforseen ways.

arrellbee said:
.Actually, I TOTALLY agree with your points !! It is certainly possible number-wise and Belichick is nothing if not adaptable and ready to optimize in unforseen ways.
I am glad we agree...!! I also think we agree thatTC will be rough and hard..and even MORE competitive than last year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft