PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kaufman: Pats do not intend to sign vet QB. They are "comfortable" with their quarterback situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting update on Garoppolo

Eh, not so much "comfortable" as "we have no friggin time." I bet they might bring somebody in next week as coverage for game 4 unless Jimmy G is markedly improved.

How many guys are out there anyway? LOL

Interesting update on Garoppolo

However, the Patriots are putting pressure on Garoppolo to be ready as quickly as possible, even reminding him Tom Brady played through a similar injury on multiple occasions throughout his career, sources have told the Herald. That Garoppolo took part in practice Tuesday, on a limited basis, reinforces how the Patriots have hopes of him playing this week.

i always hate unnamed sources. can't howe be even a little more specific--sources within the patriots organization, members of the team, sources in garoppolo's camp, etc.?

To my knowledge, they'd never worked out Yates previously. Yates is one of the more mobile QBs and he performed decently enough a few years back for Houston. He was under O'Brien's offense last season before he tore his ACL.

As for no contract. Yates is only 9 months post ACL tear. He may not be able to pass a physical yet.

EDIT: Corrected where Yates played and when he played decently going into the play-offs in 2011

I believe he has as many playoff wins as Andy Dalton and Carson Palmer combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back