PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonathan Kraft: Patriots will pursue reinstating Jast and McNally

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a stupid post about non existent preseason football panic last week, but I think this post surpasses it in stupidity. Good job!
First of all, as I indicated in my "Edit" to my post (which was there when you read it!), my suggestion was "over the top" and the product of a little celebratory exuberance. But, I am the guy who stood in the sun for four+ hours on August 12th and worked his way into the Press section at the Moynihan Courthouse so he could get within ten feet of Brady and shout to him, as he got into his SUV: "One more for the thumb, Tommy," which was picked up on several national TV feeds. But, all of that aside, I've already retracted my silly suggestion. So, maybe I celebrated a little too much last night before I wrote the silly words that I had retracted by the time you wrote your post.

However, I'm afraid I'm doubling down on what I said in the rest of my Edit, which may enhance your opinion of my "stupidity," but I'll just have to live with that ;):

We should never forget, no matter how fan-friendly they may be, that the Krafts are part of "the 32," to which Bob deferred in May.

We should never forget that, as pleasant as they may be, their primary objective is to enhance the economic value of their Franchise.

And, we should always be ready to hold their feet to the fire when we think they are acting in their own interests instead of the players' and fans' interests, as Kraft clearly did in May, for which he apologized, so far in words but not yet in deeds.

I'm keeping an open mind for now.

I want to see if the Krafts go after the NFL to get their picks back (I don't care whether they get their cash back, but they should go for that as well).

I want to see whether the Krafts are "all hat and no cattle" when it comes to getting rid of the minions in the League office who perpetrated this travesty, or whether that was just a cleverly worded Press Release.

Most of all, I want to see if the Krafts take the lead in re-opening the CBA for negotiation to limit the Commissioner's authority, as was suggested by none other than The New York Daily News this morning.

Last edited:
In charge of the Commissioner's suite at Gillette

I've said it many times before, but it's still unbelievable to me that I haven't seen a single reporter stick a microphone in either of these guys face and ask them if they deflated footballs.

First of all, as I indicated in my "Edit" to my post (which was there when you read it!), my suggestion was "over the top" and the product of a little celebratory exuberance. But, I am the guy who stood in the sun for four+ hours on August 12th and worked his way into the Press section at the Moynihan Courthouse so he could get within ten feet of Brady and shout to him, as he got into his SUV: "One more for the thumb, Tommy," which was picked up on several national TV feeds. But, all of that aside, I've already retracted my silly suggestion. So, maybe I celebrated a little too much last night before I wrote the silly words that I had retracted by the time you wrote your post.

However, I'm afraid I'm doubling down on what I said in the rest of my Edit, which may enhance your opinion of my "stupidity," but I'll just have to live with that ;):

We should never forget, no matter how fan-friendly they may be, that the Krafts are part of "the 32," to which Bob deferred in May.

We should never forget that, as pleasant as they may be, their primary objective is to enhance the economic value of their Franchise.

And, we should always be ready to hold their feet to the fire when we think they are acting in their own interests instead of the players' and fans' interests, as Kraft clearly did in May, for which he apologized, so far in words but not yet in deeds.

I'm keeping an open mind for now.

I want to see if the Krafts go after the NFL to get their picks back (I don't care whether they get their cash back, but they should go for that as well).

I want to see whether the Krafts are "all hat and no cattle" when it comes to getting rid of the minions in the League office who perpetrated this travesty, or whether that was just a cleverly worded Press Release.

Most of all, I want to see if the Krafts take the lead in re-opening the CBA for negotiation to limit the Commissioner's authority, as was suggested by none other than The New York Daily News this morning.
Didn't mean to offend but I'm honored that it spurned that well thought out of post. may not agree with the kraft bashing part but we re all on the same side about this. Change is desperately needed at the top of the nfl food chain

I've said it many times before, but it's still unbelievable to me that I haven't seen a single reporter stick a microphone in either of these guys face and ask them if they deflated footballs.
It's not for lack of trying, I remember one of the major news channels was trying to talk to one of them when this started and he wouldn't say a word, don't remember which one it was. Word I've heard from people I know that knows people they know is their steadfast in their innocence which leads me to believe they've been getting counsel and possible future suit.

No way this happens. Why would either give up the island they live on and the millions Brady pays them to do laundry?

would be nice to hear some " jim mcnally " chants on thursday!:D:D

That reminds me:
  • The NFL forced the Pats to suspend the guys.
  • The NFL is lying and saying they didn't.
  • Based on the NFL's lie, haters are saying the suspensions are admissions of (or at least strong evidence for) guilt.
  • Along with any other motivations, JK probably is out to disprove the theory that the Pats voluntarily suspended the guys.
The NFL may say they didn't tell the Patriots to suspend McNally and Jastremski but it's right there in Troy Vincent's letter to the Patriots. It's on page 9 of Berman's ruling.

The NFL may say they didn't tell the Patriots to suspend McNally and Jastremski but it's right there in Troy Vincent's letter to the Patriots. It's on page 9 of Berman's ruling.

That's crap. You think the NFL would lie?

It is weird. Especially since McNally's sister-in-law gave a quote yesterday saying how he's thrilled for Brady etc... (can't remember the exact words) so it isn't like the whole family is in hiding or anything.

That letter doesn't EXACTLY say that; it says that the league forced the Pats not to change their mind about the suspension.

I think that's a distinction without a difference, but the bad guys pretend it's significant.

They need Troy Vincent's approval first, he literally cannot hire them back without it because they were forced to be suspended by the nfl
Isn't blackballing without cause against the law? If McJast sue, the NFL would have to expose their evidence for scrutiny.

That's nice but I want them to focus on getting the draft picks back.

There's literally no reason why this penalty should stand.

Exactly, the league cleared the organization and BB of any wrongdoing. Kraft has come out and stated the NFL has absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing by Brady in the Wells Report, Brady has had his suspension overturned in Federal Court, now the Patriots want these two hired back. So why in the hell would you not fight for the picks back? Because Kraft helped Goodell bully other teams into accepting penalties? Screw that! If the the organization, coach, Brady and now these two are not guilty of anything than you can't accept punishment of any kind. Someone knock some sense into these fools.

Exactly, the league cleared the organization and BB of any wrongdoing. Kraft has come out and stated the NFL has absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing by Brady in the Wells Report, Brady has had his suspension overturned in Federal Court, now the Patriots want these two hired back. So why in the hell would you not fight for the picks back? Because Kraft helped Goodell bully other teams into accepting penalties? Screw that! If the the organization, coach, Brady and now these two are not guilty of anything than you can't accept punishment of any kind. Someone knock some sense into these fools.

These other organizations that Kraft was pushing to accept the penalties actually committed the offenses right?

Just like CameraPlacementGate where, while overblown, WAS an offense that the Pats admitted to and accepted punishment.

In deflategate, being the target of a witchhunt, with no evidence, is not a crime.

It's not for lack of trying, I remember one of the major news channels was trying to talk to one of them when this started and he wouldn't say a word, don't remember which one it was.

Is that right? I never saw that but I'm not in the Boston area any more. Well, interesting. Because you just have to think that, dopey texts aside, if something would put this thing to rest once and for all (except for the mouth breathers) it would be those guys speaking intelligently and persuasively that all of this is nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST