PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonathan Cooper released

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

EDIT: Really sorry to hear that. Quite costly. But at least we know where we stand ..

Disappointing for the kid who just can't put it all together. He has the athletic talent. We still got Thuney and Mitchell with the pick for Jones, so I'm OK with it so far. We have the DL depth to make up for the Jones loss.

We all know Thuney has been about as good as a rookie OL can be and Mitchell looks great after the catch, I'm looking forward to seeing how he does now that we're returning to a passing offense.

That's disappointing. I was excited to see what Scarnecchia could get out of him.

Likewise. This would be the best option for a serious upgrade of OL. Dante put him in the starting 5 the first moment of TC. What a shame! No break for him or the Pats.

Really disappointed by this, but it makes sense. He hasn't been healthy and they seem to really like every young kid on the back of the roster that they have.

Does anyone know what the ultimate cost against the cap will be for Cooper?

It never really made sense to trade for a damaged goods player like him.

Never ceases to amaze me how little anyone knows about what really is going on inside the Pats camp.

Thought it was silly all along to keep referring to him as a former top ten pick like the Pats were getting a sure fire stud. Still a throw in anyways, so no biggie.

The upside:
We get to keep all the binkies. They obviously like them and think others might snatch them.
_

Some side notes:
Most importantly .. Cooper was full participant all week so they could test him plenty .. obviously it was not enough to keep him despite fully paying for him .. Bottom line .. he is not the player all hoped him could be
The fact they brought another G to the PS few days ago suggested a move here. Fortunately Thuney is ok.
Besides Mason, Thuney and Karras they must like Barker as back up option as well.
And finally - maybe they see Tre coming back soon and strong ..

He's not just a throw in considering the cap hit he eats up.
Pats took a flier. Cap hit was important but part of deals negotiation dynamics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes