PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joique Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morris looks like the tread has come off the tires a bit. I'll gladly take Forte and draft a more physical, downhill back ala Jonathan Williams in the draft.
Yea that's true on Morris.

I'll tell you who doesn't have fumbling issues and who is excellent in pass protection=Alfred Morris.

For the reasonable money he'll command, it may make sense to consider taking a shot. I think he could potentially improve upon Blount's role.

No thanks. Morris gets worse every year, just bring Blount back if they have no interest in getting better,

Morris looks like the tread has come off the tires a bit. I'll gladly take Forte and draft a more physical, downhill back ala Jonathan Williams in the draft.

Much better solution imo. As far as the money goes Forte is going to be a deal. We aren't talking about 10 million a season we are talking about 4-5, which is a steal for one of the most productive players in football.

One can assume that Lewis may take 50-60 percent of the reps, thus making a big spending a bit of an unnecessary exercise.

As you said however, if you can get a guy like Forte for reasonable money, you do it. I just think our definition of reasonable money is a bit different than Bill Belichick's, that's all.

Our definition of "big money" is apparently different as well as Imo Big Money is 8-10 plus a season and a 40 million plus deal, not 3 years for 13-15 million. For a top producing player it's as affordable as it gets.

Now that would be a dream come true... Get a couple good years out of Forte and develop Williams... Williams is awesome too, for a relatively "big" back he has some seriously nasty moves.

Edit: You liked Alex Collins too I think right? Talk about the nasty moves there, though I think Williams might be a better fit.

Last edited:
My FA RB rankings of who I'd want the Pats to get

1. Doug Martin (not gonna happen)
2. Matt Forte
3. Lamar Miller
4. Chris Ivory
5. Re-Sign Blount
6. CJ Anderson
7. Ronnie Hillman
8. Alfred Morris
9. Re-Sign Ridley
10. James Starks

Bell doesn't even crack the top 10

Now that would be a dream come true... Get a couple good years out of Forte and develop Williams... Williams is awesome too, for a relatively "big" back he has some seriously nasty moves.

Edit: You liked Alex Collins too I think right? Talk about the nasty moves there, though I think Williams might be a better fit.

I like both of those Razorback RB's. Williams might be the safer of the two (I used to disagree with @manxman2601 on this but, the more I watch of him, the more I like) due to the fact that Collins has fumbling issues. But Collins is more explosive than people give him credit for. If the Pats are confident they can coach him to carry the football high and tight, I would welcome him with open arms as well.

For those of you lesser beings (;)) that don't follow college football, here are the two RB's I'm referring to...

-and-

Note: The Williams highlights are mostly from 2014.

I like both of those Razorback RB's. Williams might be the safer of the two (I used to disagree with @manxman2601 on this but, the more I watch of him, the more I like) due to the fact that Collins has fumbling issues. But Collins is more explosive than people give him credit for. If the Pats are confident they can coach him to carry the football high and tight, I would welcome him with open arms as well.
Collins is definitely explosive but something about his running style just irks me a little bit. Like obviously he has killer move and he is gonna break the ankles of many defenders, but he just seems like he is kind of "top-heavy"... like he takes himself to the ground too easily at times. I feel like they need a guy like Williams more who is gonna push the pile vs. avoid the pile.

Collins is definitely explosive but something about his running style just irks me a little bit. Like obviously he has killer move and he is gonna break the ankles of many defenders, but he just seems like he is kind of "top-heavy"... like he takes himself to the ground too easily at times. I feel like they need a guy like Williams more who is gonna push the pile vs. avoid the pile.

Agreed. That's why I'm coming around on Williams whereas a couple of months ago, I was pretty firmly on Team Collins. Though, watching the highlight video, I can understand why I was more "wowed" by him at first. Some of those moves that he pulls off behind the LOS are just absolutely disgusting.

Agreed. That's why I'm coming around on Williams whereas a couple of months ago, I was pretty firmly on Team Collins. Though, watching the highlight video, I can understand why I was more "wowed" by him at first. Some of those moves that he pulls off behind the LOS are just absolutely disgusting.
Absolutely, "disgusting" is a fitting description... I wouldn't be surprised if he gets taken kind of high though too, especially if he has a good combine (which I wouldn't be shocked if he breaks records or some crap). Williams just seems like a really solid back with potential to be very good, that the team can get in the middle rounds without reaching hopefully.

Absolutely, "disgusting" is a fitting description... I wouldn't be surprised if he gets taken kind of high though too, especially if he has a good combine (which I wouldn't be shocked if he breaks records or some crap). Williams just seems like a really solid back with potential to be very good, that the team can get in the middle rounds without reaching hopefully.

We'll see. I have a feeling that the stock of both guys is going to go up after the Combine.

Lamar Miller is the dream pickup. He is underused by the Dolphins and is a good/versatile runner and a good receiver, not to mention he is young so there is hardly any mileage on him. Unfortunately the Dolphins want him back so he's very unlikely.

The second best and one of the few realistic options from FA for us is Matt Forte and there really isn't any reason not to pick him up. He's 30 so he would be considerably cheaper than Doug Martin and Miller. He's extremely versatile in both run and pass and is a good blocker. He's used to terrible O-lines. He's looking for a contender to play for. He's a consummate professional. Literally a perfect fit for us. Forget Joique Bell or anyone else, Forte should be the RB the Patriots should be high on in FA. Next season, Forte, Lewis sharing snaps as our three down backs with White occasionally coming in obvious passing situations, and then add a RB4 in case one of those three gets hurt (SJax?). Our RBs would no longer be a weakness.

The uprighy running style and the dreads is Laurence Maroney like.

Thats what irks you!

Jonathan Williams, CJ Prosise, Kelvin Taylor thise are the guys I have my eye on in the draft.

Lamar Miller is the dream pickup. He is underused by the Dolphins and is a good/versatile runner and a good receiver, not to mention he is young so there is hardly any mileage on him. Unfortunately the Dolphins want him back so he's very unlikely.

The second best and one of the few realistic options from FA for us is Matt Forte and there really isn't any reason not to pick him up. He's 30 so he would be considerably cheaper than Doug Martin and Miller. He's extremely versatile in both run and pass and is a good blocker. He's used to terrible O-lines. He's looking for a contender to play for. He's a consummate professional. Literally a perfect fit for us. Forget Joique Bell or anyone else, Forte should be the RB the Patriots should be high on in FA. Next season, Forte, Lewis sharing snaps as our three down backs with White occasionally coming in obvious passing situations, and then add a RB4 in case one of those three gets hurt (SJax?). Our RBs would no longer be a weakness.

Agree. Forte and Lewis would freeze LBs and edge rushers and force them to cover the width of the field and passing routes as well as creating mismatches for them to exploit.

Jonathan Williams, CJ Prosise, Kelvin Taylor thise are the guys I have my eye on in the draft.

I think Taylor is going to be a nice, later round grab for someone. I like him. Florida didn't have much of an OL last year and he had to deal with teams loading the box, especially after Grier got suspended for the season. But he was still pretty productive. I don't like him as much as Elliott, Henry, Collins, or Williams, but I certainly would not be disappointed if the Pats spent a draft pick on him.

I think Taylor is going to be a nice, later round grab for someone. I like him. Florida didn't have much of an OL last year and he had to deal with teams loading the box, especially after Grier got suspended for the season. But he was still pretty productive. I don't like him as much as Elliott, Henry, Collins, or Williams, but I certainly would not be disappointed if the Pats spent a draft pick on him.

Yea im not even considering Elliott or Henry. They'll be long gone before we pick.

Agree on Taylor. Prosise from Notre Dame is growing on me a bit too. Watch some film on him.

Whats up with Knownshow (or whatever is his first name) Moreno? Retired?

Honestly totally forgot about him, but now that you mention it, that wouldn't be a bad idea to explore. He tore is ACL in week 6 of 2014 and apparently sat out all of this year to get his knee right. When he was healthy, he was an animal, including in limited starts after he signed with the Dolphins, not just Denver. He'd be an intriguing option to kick the tires on assuming health checks out.

I would like Miller in this O

So many Rbs to choose from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back