PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joique Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep Up With The Joneses

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
If the Pats stay out of the running for pricier backs, Joique Bell might be an interesting option to consider. He had a rough injury prone 2015, so he should come with a low price tag. He can catch the ball, doesn't fumble, and will certainly have something to prove.

Of course I'd rather have Forte like most, but this might be a good low-risk option for the team to consider.

I haven't seen as much of the Lions so I will ask others about intangibles like pass blocking and overall fit with the team. Thoughts?

While this type of signing isn't going to get anyone excited, it's probably more along the lines of what we're likely to see in my opinion. I hope not. I hope to see the position addressed with a key player.

I like Theo Riddick at Detroit, would be a great 2nd fiddle to Dion Lewis.

Bell.. I think is broken.

I wouldn't mind it. The more i think about it..the more i think Forte goes elsewhere. Lots of good/decent FA RBs out there

Doesn't he have fumbling issues? Can't see us bringing in a guy who's had 12 fumbles the last four years.

Doesn't he have fumbling issues? Can't see us bringing in a guy who's had 12 fumbles the last four years.

I'll tell you who doesn't have fumbling issues and who is excellent in pass protection=Alfred Morris.

For the reasonable money he'll command, it may make sense to consider taking a shot. I think he could potentially improve upon Blount's role.

I'll tell you who doesn't have fumbling issues and who is excellent in pass protection=Alfred Morris.

For the reasonable money he'll command, it may make sense to consider taking a shot. I think he could potentially improve upon Blount's role.

I like this, and it seems much more likely than Forte, especially if a bidding war ensues for him. With Lewis back in the mix I don't envision them going hard after Forte unless he agrees to a team friendly deal.

3.45 YPC...

I like this, and it seems much more likely than Forte, especially if a bidding war ensues for him. With Lewis back in the mix I don't envision them going hard after Forte unless he agrees to a team friendly deal.

One can assume that Lewis may take 50-60 percent of the reps, thus making a big spending a bit of an unnecessary exercise.

As you said however, if you can get a guy like Forte for reasonable money, you do it. I just think our definition of reasonable money is a bit different than Bill Belichick's, that's all.

Whats up with Knownshow (or whatever is his first name) Moreno? Retired?

I would rather have Blount back.

He's alright but I would probably rather have Blount.

3.45 YPC...

Yep. In an offense that dictates to the opposing defense that they can't load the box. The guy is a JAG.

I want Morris too.

I also want them to draft a physically gifted player in their first 3-4 picks.

One can assume that Lewis may take 50-60 percent of the reps, thus making a big spending a bit of an unnecessary exercise.

Thats quite an assumption. I love Dion but you are banking on a little guy coming off an acl with a grand total of 85 carries over 5 years to carry the load?

I want Morris too.

I also want them to draft a physically gifted player in their first 3-4 picks.

Morris looks like the tread has come off the tires a bit. I'll gladly take Forte and draft a more physical, downhill back ala Jonathan Williams in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down