PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets vs Bengals preseason game

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all good. Rex Ryan at halftime: "Overall it wasn't too bad, but obviously you can't have a blocked punt. That's ridiculous.

Aaron Maybin can't sniff the QB even against the third stringers. All I heard the first two weeks of camp was that Maybin was the stud of training camp and getting two sacks a day. Tonight, I don't think he has even gotten in the same zip code as the QB.

I don't know if this is more damning for Maybin or the Jets' o-line for making him look like Lawrence Taylor in practice.

Last edited:
I actually saw it twice

One time he got into the back field pretty easily vs the first team offense. Dalton got rid of the ball before he got to him.

The other time he got penetration easily was when played DT and he and the DE got beat to the outside by BJGE. Maybe the O-lineman let him back there on purpose.

Why do you torture yourself with that impossible excuse for a team? Where is your self-respect?

actually, I have no idea what Wrecks is trying to prove...Coples flashed on a number of plays in the 2nd quarter...he's a rook,it's a long season for rooks as ANY coach above ground will tell anyone...Wrecks wants to wring 4 quarters out of Coples to what?...decrease his unfamiliarity with playing in the NFL??...hey, who knows,maybe Blabba knows what he's doing...after all, as he himself has stated over and over ad nauseum, he, Wrecks Cryan, is the greatest defensive mind in the entire NFL///we'll see if Coples hits the rookie wall...in September

Our O-line looked bad. But they didn't look that bad. :eek:

The Jets' backup O-line is puuuuu-trid. Their starters suck pretty bad too. :D

Last edited:
And the fact is, our O-line was starting 60% backups to begin with. The Jets showed it last year when Mangold went down for a few weeks. They looked like the Colts without Manning. That's how bad their depth is.

The Pats without their THREE top OL isn't any worse than the Jets starters.

And the fact is, our O-line was starting 60% backups to begin with. The Jets showed it last year when Mangold went down for a few weeks. They looked like the Colts without Manning. That's how bad their depth is.

The Pats without their THREE top OL isn't any worse than the Jets starters.

:rolleyes2:

The Jets haven't had their entire O-line playing together for the entirety of training camp.

Mangold visited his sister in London.
Moore went to see C. Martin at the Hall of Fame induction.
They've been rotating Slausson & Ducasse @LG (actually this hurts my argument more than helps it)
Wayne Hunter has been hurt. (He's still a bum though)

We'll play better (we have to) by the end of the preseason.

I saw zero bombs to Hill, the closest specimen to Moss and Megatron the NFL has ever seen. Fire Sparano, he's clearly not playing to the team's strength.

besides, Eif...Tebow will really help in masking the O line deficiencies just by using his legs...the Jets may win a few defensive battles when the Chosen One pulls his usual late game magic...and there's always the chance the Jets can get a useful player for the 2nd stringer Sanchez

Well on the upside this Arena Bowl 25 game is guaranteed to be more entertaining to watch over that Rats game that just finished. :rocker:

What impossible excuse did I make?

Ask the mirror, not me. But you must've bought a few rationalizations to wear that green-and-white albatross. Please report back when you find out.

Ok, I rewatched the first quarter again just to see if I was unfair about Coples, but I was right that he really didn't do much of anything vs. the first string and the only time he was really noticeable was when he got smoked by BJGE on the sidelines.

If Coples was pulled after the first quarter like Jones was last night, Jets fans would be killing him. I am sure if Jones played well into the second half, he would have absolutely dominated the Saints' second stringers like Coples did tonight.

Last edited:

Looking at the Jet boards I already saw a brief glimpse of it, but wait until the Jets go 3-and-out on a few opening drives and you see, "I thought we got rid of Schotty?" "I thought our offense was going to open up under Sparano" "I've seen this before" "Why isn't he playing to our talents?"

Looking at the Jet boards I already saw a brief glimpse of it, but wait until the Jets go 3-and-out on a few opening drives and you see, "I thought we got rid of Schotty?" "I thought our offense was going to open up under Sparano" "I've seen this before" "Why isn't he playing to our talents?"

Every other page of their game thread has a post about schotty, haha.

I dunno why they were expecting much from the first preseason game. I did notice a bit less stupid motions pre snap, though.

Brandon Tate playing very well.

I still think it was a bad decision to cut him. Fast WR who was still developing and a good special teams player as well. He offers more value than some WRs we have on our team....

Oh... and we cut him to keep Ocho Cinco who had one miserable season... Enough said.

That was one of BB's worst fcuk ups. Chad Johnson is a dumbass. Should have just signed or traded for Brandon Lloyd a year early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe