PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets vs Bengals preseason game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ground and pound is impressive....

....for the Bengals.:rocker:

Here is the thing with Couples, he's been good against the run, but I can't think of one pressure he has had tonight. The blocked pass was a bad throw right to his chest. On one of the last series he looked very slow at the snap and doesn't seem to have much of a push. As far as a pass rush goes, he hasn't been very good.

I actually saw it twice

One time he got into the back field pretty easily vs the first team offense. Dalton got rid of the ball before he got to him.

The other time he got penetration easily was when played DT and he and the DE got beat to the outside by BJGE. Maybe the O-lineman let him back there on purpose.

I might be able to catch a replay on the NFL network. But if you can summarize what Jones did it, that would be great.

- 5 QB pressures on 14 passing plays.
- Would have sacked Brees if Bushrod didn't hold him (even then, he almost brought both Bushrod and Brees down together).
- Almost had another sack, but tripped on the turf. But he had a clear shot at Brees and Brees didn't see him
- Drew two holding penalities because he totally got by Bushrod (I mentioned one and the other would have caused a tackle for a loss by Pierre Thomas)
- Two run stuffs in 12 plays

Jones only played in the first quarter and beginning part of the second quarter. He basically only played with the 1s.

Last edited:
Would it be fair to say that Chandler Jones is somewhere between what Pats fans think (beast) and what Jets fans think?

Hmmm.....not sure. Would it be fair to say Mark Sanchez is somewhere between Marsha Brady and Tom Brady's younger sister?

- 5 QB pressures on 14 passing plays.
- Would have sacked Brees if Bushrod didn't hold him (even then, he almost brought both Bushrod and Brees down together).
- Almost had another sack, but tripped on the turf. But he had a clear shot at Brees and Brees didn't see him
- Drew two holding penalities because he totally got by Bushrod (I mentioned one and the other would have caused a tackle for a loss by Pierre Thomas)
- Two run stuffs in 12 plays

Jones only played in the first quarter and beginning part of the second quarter. He basically only played with the 1s.

I see. Thanks.

Tebow just seems to move the ball, what else is there to say?

Last edited:
Tebow time!!!!!!

C'mon...you can come up with a better one than that.

My 9 year old son actually wrote that one. Seriously, he was wonderining why someone on the Pats board had Sanchez on their aviator. I added the Marsha part and typed it up for him after he mentioned TB12's sister.

Got to love it when a 9 year old is already in the middle of the rivalry.

Maybe MacElroy will be the starting QB by December.

But the Jets don't have to worry. Greene got 2.2 YPC tonight. The Ground and Pound is back!

Hi Eif...Coples was impressive against the Bengals 1st string offense as they marched 90 yards straight downfield to score..he impressively imitated Houdini by disappearing...he HAS looked great against 2nd, 3rd and 4th string Bengals...but the Pats usually play THEIR 1st string the whole game...and Coples is a just a dumb rook fish out of water against 1st teams it looks like...

Last edited:
Hi Eif...Coples was impressive against the Bengals 1st string offense as they marched 90 yards straight downfield to score..he impressively imitated Houdini by disappearing...he HAS looked great against 2nd, 3rd and 4th string Bengals...but the Pats usually play THEIR 1st string the whole game...and Coples is a just a dumb rook fish out of water against 1st teams it looks like...

Hello Joker.

Can't blame all that on Coples.

I actually saw it twice

One time he got into the back field pretty easily vs the first team offense. Dalton got rid of the ball before he got to him.

The other time he got penetration easily was when played DT and he and the DE got beat to the outside by BJGE. Maybe the O-lineman let him back there on purpose.

I didnt see the first but the other sounds like another run from your description. Ive been watching him and havent seen much of a rush from him even against the 2s. In thisthird quarter he looks absolutely done.

Coples looks good against a scrub offense.

Hello Joker.

Can't blame all that on Coples.

He's looked good for the most part. If he keeps his motor running, the Jets may have gotten themselves a player.

Coples looks great beating jag free agents and guys who won't be making the team. Also the fact the Jets playing a starter throughout the game is just asking for trouble.

Just as I wrote that Couples made a good play against the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back