PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets vs Bengals preseason game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here is what I saw of so far (I'll focus on the negatives since there were far more with the first squads):

-
The Jets blindside of the line is horrible. Jets fans may have made fun of Solder's performance last night, but D'Bustishaw didn't ply much better tonight. Solder can at least blame inexperience and a patchwork o-line for his struggles.

Can't argue this.

-
The Jets' LB corp are painfully slow. It's going to be the achilles heal of that defense.

Or this. SMH

-
Coples was unimpressive against the first unit and better vs. the second (although I could have batted down that ball he just batted down).

I disagree. I saw at least three plays where Coples got in the backfield with ease vs the first team. See my previous post on Coples if you have the inclination.

-
Wilkerson is solid.

Yes, and Improving

-
All this Aaron Mayhem hype in camp is non-existent in this game.

Yes he is. Only one game though.

-
All the talk about improved Sanchez. I don't see it. Still looks like the same guy who makes slow decisions and holds onto the ball too long.

Which one is it: O-line didn't give him time - or- He holds the ball too long. It could be both. But I think it's the former.

-
Glad to see Tebow play much better than Sanche. Will only fuel a QB controversy.

Much better vs 2nd team though.

Tate sucked. Enough said.

He didn't suck. He was a good kick off returner and made some plays on offence. He was a deep threat, and he's still growing and improving....

Where is Ocho Cinco? How did he do last year for us?.... Exactly. It was a bad cut. No other way to put it.

I'm not too worried about Coples.

He seems like the type of guy who doesn't even really like football. He seems unmotivated and lazy....

Types like those lose steam as the season goes on, and as their careers go on.

He will be a bust.

Funny. On the Jets' board, they are comparing him to Richard Seymour.

He was non-existent against the starters and a stud vs. the back ups. At least Jones manhandled a Pro Bowler last night.

I'm not too worried about Coples.

He seems like the type of guy who doesn't even really like football. He seems unmotivated and lazy....

Types like those lose steam as the season goes on, and as their careers go on.

He will be a bust.

Well if you listen to JESTS fans they say it's a one man highlight reel. :rofl:

Speaking of old pal Ocho, Chad Johnson has been shut out in the first half of the Doofins game and had a 3rd down conversion go right through his mitts. Eve isn't going to be putting out any time soon...

LOL at the JETS.

Blocked punt for the touchdown! :bricks::bricks::bricks: JETS SUCK!!!

He didn't suck. He was a good kick off returner and made some plays on offence. He was a deep threat, and he's still growing and improving....

Where is Ocho Cinco? How did he do last year for us?.... Exactly. It was a bad cut. No other way to put it.

Tate sucked

Well if you listen to JESTS fans they say it's a one man highlight reel. :rofl:

He is somewhere in between what we think and they think. He was not all that impressive against the #1s. He is playing well vs. the #2, but he is a mid first round pick. He should outplay the back ups.

The Jerts need Coples on special teams. The man is a beast! ...a one man army!

Tate was horrible...good god...

He is somewhere in between what we think and they think. He was not all that impressive against the #1s. He is playing well vs. the #2, but he is a mid first round pick. He should outplay the back ups.

Would it be fair to say that Chandler Jones is somewhere between what Pats fans think (beast) and what Jets fans think?

Would it be fair to say that Chandler Jones is somewhere between what Pats fans think (beast) and what Jets fans think?

Not last night. Anyone who watched Jones last night couldn't argue anything but the fact he outright dominated a Pro Bowl LT last night. What Coples was doing vs. the 2s tonight Jones was doing vs. the 1s.

The thing is Pats fans actually saw Coples play tonight. Most Jets fans are making assumptions on Jones vs. the stats line since the game was only broadcasted in New England and New Orleans. The few Jets fans that I have seen who saw Jones last night admitted that he was dominant.

Last edited:
Here is the thing with Couples, he's been good against the run, but I can't think of one pressure he has had tonight. The blocked pass was a bad throw right to his chest. On one of the last series he looked very slow at the snap and doesn't seem to have much of a push. As far as a pass rush goes, he hasn't been very good.

No because the Saints fans were calling him a beast also and Florio wrote an article about it on PFT. Let's see if that happens for Coples.

Not last night. Anyone who watched Jones last night couldn't argue anything but the fact he outright dominated a Pro Bowl LT last night. What Coples was doing vs. the 2s tonight Jones was doing vs. the 1s.

The thing is Pats fans actually saw Coples play tonight. Most Jets fans are making assumptions on Jones vs. the stats line since the game was only broadcasted in New England and New Orleans. The few Jets fans that I have seen who saw Jones last night admitted that he was dominant.

I might be able to catch a replay on the NFL network. But if you can summarize what Jones did it, that would be great.

who are these announcers?

They are acting like coples blew up a play when his lazy ass was standing in the way lol

They are pre season announcers hired by the Jets. That's the NY local feed the NFL network is using.

Last edited:
No because the Saints fans were calling him a beast also and Florio wrote an article about it on PFT. Let's see if that happens for Coples.

Don't forget Bushrod compared Jones to Jason Pierre-Paul.

I expect the press on Coples to be glowing though. He did make quite a few plays against the 2s that will make the highlight reels.

That said the fact he is already wearing down isn't a positive sign for his conditioning.

Couples is winded. He looks out of shape. He seems like a mediocre player to me. Not great, not awful. But when you compare him with Jones and consider his draft status, he seems more like a bust.

Don't forget Bushrod compared Jones to Jason Pierre-Paul.

I expect the press on Coples to be glowing though. He did make quite a few plays against the 2s that will make the highlight reels.

That said the fact he is already wearing down isn't a positive sign for his conditioning.

Announcer: "Coples is tired from the heat." :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye