Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jets' Thomas Jones throws Brett under the bus [merged]

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by CMcCartney, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMcCartney

CMcCartney Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ESPN - Thomas Jones says Brett Favre's play warranted benching

"The other day, the three interceptions really hurt us. I mean, that's just reality," Jones told the radio station. "If I were to sit here and say, 'Oh, man, it's OK,' that's not reality. ... I don't like it, I know everybody else on the team doesn't like it.

"If somebody is not playing well, they need to come out of the game," Jones told Hot 97 FM. "You're jeopardizing the whole team because you're having a bad day. To me, that's not fair to everybody else. You're not the only one on the team. So when you get to the wire and somebody is just giving the game up, I mean, it's just not [fair]."

Some other interesting tidbits in the article.. One vet said Favre was 'distant' and spent most of his down time in an 'office' specifically designed for him.. Never spent any time with the players, going out to eat, etc..

Oh, please God, let Brett come back for 'one more year'...!!
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  2. Richter

Richter Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Re: Jets' Thomas Jones throws Brett under the bus

Is it really throwing someone under a bus if they were already halfway under it themselves?
  3. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

Uh oH........ The S.S. Farvaquad seems to be taking on some serious water, and fast :singing:

[​IMG]
  4. kwf

kwf Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I do agree with the sentiment, but the coach would be the one to pull the player, ultimately... (But, wasn't Favre playing injured and not on the injury report?)
  5. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,367 / 59 / -71

Disable Jersey

According to NFL.com, Jones had 10 carries for 23 yards. Before tossing his teammate under the bus, he should have looked in the mirror, sat back and had himself a nice cool drink of STFU.
  6. 124

124 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

TJ only had 10 carries and he was replaced for a while by Leon Washington. Where as Washington can make a play every time he touches the ball, Jones is a guy who needs 20 carries to make his greatest impact. He can't take the ball six times and make three or four dynamic plays.

Jones led the AFC in rushing (entering Week 17 he was anyway, I'm not sure if he ended the season that way) and had 15 touchdowns. I think he did his fair share this season.
  7. BoTown

BoTown Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This may be intentional, to drive Favre into retirement instead of forcing the team to forfeit three 1st round picks to the Packers for cutting him.
  8. CMcCartney

CMcCartney Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Right.. just saying it's about time someone on the team said what everyone else was probably thinking.. I know it's against the rules to say something bad about the great Farve, but I'm sure there are a lot of unhappy Jets over there.. not that there's anything wrong with that.. And to find out he was not the leader and teammate that the media wants us to believe.. Farve is a 'me' guy.. what a shock..
  9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +453 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Jones was 5th in the league in rushing yards and rushing TD and had a solid 4.5 YPC. He had a far better season that the pseudo pro bowler.
  10. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +1,367 / 59 / -71

Disable Jersey

Then he should have opened his mouth after a game where he actually showed up to play.
  11. CMcCartney

CMcCartney Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ah, the Farve apologist.. You don't think that Jones having an off-day had anything to do with the Dolphins stacking the line and daring Brett to beat them, do you? It was his one bad game all year (and only 10 carries at that).. Favre, on the other hand, had one GOOD game all year.. throw out the 6 TD's against AZ, and he's got 16 tds and 21 ints in 15 games.. bum..
  12. 124

124 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Jets would not have to forfeit three 1st round picks if they released Brett. The only way the Jets would've had to give Green Bay anything is if they had traded him to Minnesota or Chciago or Detroit before the 2008 season concluded.

Now that we're going into 2009 the Jets can do whatever they'd like with him. Trade him, cut him, force him to retire, WHATEVER. Doesn't matter. Those clauses no longer are in tact.
  13. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +1,367 / 59 / -71

Disable Jersey

Sorry, but that wasn't Jones' only bad game of the season, and Favre had more than one good game. I'm not a Favre apologist at all. I've actually never been a fan of his, particularly since he beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. However, that doesn't mean I'm going to make things up about the guy, pretend he's significantly different than most other players, or deliberately spin everything involving him in as negative a light possible.
  14. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0

Now watch how john madden and chris berman swoop to apologize for favre. Also blame their OC for going shotgun on 3rd and 2 :mad:
    God that game reminds me ofwhat we couldve had if their coaches had pulled their heads out of their ***es
  15. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +461 / 7 / -9

Oh please please please God let Favre try to torque New York around with an "I retire/No I don't" drama in the off-season.... I would LOVE to see the Favre-vs.-NY-Media bloodbath.
  16. 124

124 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Jets have told him to make a decision by the Scouting Combine in February, supposedly. Hopefully this time he sticks to whatever his decision is.
  17. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

But he IS different than most players, he has his own office so he doesn't have to hang out in the locker room with the rest of the team. LOL.. can you see the Patriots doing that?!?!? Bahahhaha
  18. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Hot 97 FM?

Good thing Jets players are throwing others under the bus through rap radio stations.

And it actually feels kind of good knowing some players actually wanted to win that game, regardless of the situation.
  19. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,473 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Not a lot of running backs can do much with 10 carries, especially not one like Jones. The way the Dolphins were stuffing the run, I don't blame the Jesters for putting in the electric Washington. Things can happen anytime he touches the ball whereas Jones is a between the tackles type runner who takes a little longer to get going.
  20. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Even though Favre is hot garbage, this isn't the right way to voice your displeasure.

Imagine if Cassel/Brady had a 3 pick game and Maroney or Morris goes to the media saying they should have been benched. Not only throwing your QB under the bus, but the coaches as well. Now, if Jones truly wants Favre and the coaches gone from the team (which could very well be the case), I see no issue with what he's doing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.