PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2016 Edition (Official): Futility Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the Jets are thinking "You could have mentioned this sometime in March of last year."

On the other hand, no one forced the Jets the pay a 30 year (at the time) cornerback QB money. Best of luck dealing with contract.

Best of luck dealing with contract.

Don't think it'll be tough to deal with. My guess is he'll restructure this offseason if he wants to play 3 or 4 more years.

As of now:
2017 15mil w/8mil guaranteed
2018 10mil w/1.5mil guaranteed

I suppose he could stick to his guns next year and not restructure. Leaving the Jets with a decision to pay the 15 or pay 8 to end it. That would depend n health and how he finishes this season I imagine.

He still is a darn good corner who can also teach youngin's.

Sad to see an all time great decline, but it is what it is. Overall, still glad he's on the team, and hope he is for at least another 3 years.

Don't think it'll be tough to deal with. My guess is he'll restructure this offseason if he wants to play 3 or 4 more years.

As of now:

I suppose he could stick to his guns next year and not restructure. Leaving the Jets with a decision to pay the 15 or pay 8 to end it. That would depend n health and how he finishes this season I imagine.

Sad to see an all time great decline, but it is what it is. Overall, still glad he's on the team, and hope he is for at least another 3 years.

The thing for the Jets to do is to extend him now before he's playing in a wheelchair, not after.

Fitz winning games is useless, unless he's just holding the fort for someone who actually has potential.

Besides, Fitz didn't win squat. Not sure if you watched the game, but the coaches took the game from Fitz. Made sure he didn't lose it for us. He's correct when he says everyone has lost faith in him.

I just hope Bowles is smart enough not to fall for Fitz's nice guy BS as he starts beating the easy teams coming up. The split second Petty is ready, he shout start. And the second Hackenberg is ready, he should overtake Fitz.

Guess we'll have to disagree on Fitz's wins being "useless".

I think it's great that the Rats damage their draft position.

Maybe "pyhrric" is the better word that we can agree on.

I suppose he could stick to his guns next year and not restructure. Leaving the Jets with a decision to pay the 15 or pay 8 to end it.

That'd be my bet. Darelle has never struck me as the restructuring type, or the role player type. More likely to take as much $$ as he can and walk away.

That'd be my bet. Darelle has never struck me as the restructuring type, or the role player type. More likely to take as much $$ as he can and walk away.

Very possible. This is the first I'm hearing him discuss his decline and even a mention of retirement. So maybe he's changing a bit.

I'd say it's 50/50 between being stubborn for the last 15mil payday (or 8 to walk away), or restructuring to say 4 years 8mil average.

See, us Jet fans have stuff to look forward to. This offseason will rule!

As of now:

LOL. You honestly think Revis is going to be open to restructuring?

LOL. You honestly think Revis is going to be open to restructuring?

Because it could mean more money for him in the long run... yup. Like I mentioned previously, think it's 50/50.

Because it could mean more money for him in the long run... yup. Like I mentioned previously, think it's 50/50.

He's not going to do it if the Jets modify his contract so that they can opt out of it at any time without a massive cap hit. Revis only cares about the money. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Any player that wishes to completely maximize his earnings should feel free to do so. But he's an absolute savage when it comes to contract negotiations. I think it's wishful thinking. Either way, they're paying him elite quarterback money until then.

the Revis signing is why the jits are the jits

Most things in life are 50/50 -- except for the Jets sucking, which is 100-percent assured.

Now that Mevis is setting up his excuse by whining about his body breaking down, he'll probably get injured and have to sit out the remainder of the season, with pay of course.

That will suck.

Most things in life are 50/50 -- except for the Jets sucking, which is 100-percent assured.

5-5, coming off a bye, vs the Pats 11/27...

He's not going to do it if the Jets modify his contract so that they can opt out of it at any time without a massive cap hit. Revis only cares about the money. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Any player that wishes to completely maximize his earnings should feel free to do so. But he's an absolute savage when it comes to contract negotiations. I think it's wishful thinking. Either way, they're paying him elite quarterback money until then.

Yep. The only way Revis reworks his contract is if it benefits him. He's never been one to help his team out. Hell, how many times did he force the jets to redo contracts that he had already agreed to?

Yep. The only way Revis reworks his contract is if it benefits him.

To be fair, this would apply to 99.99% of not just athletes, but anyone under contract. All contractors do this. I sure as hell wouldn't redo a contract with a client if I didn't benefit somehow.

The .01% of those that would, potentially have a screw or two loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back