PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2016 Edition (Official): Futility Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL Man of the Year is somewhat of an oxymoron to begin with. It's like the Nazi Humanitarian of the Year award.
Amazing. You keep posting whatever possible to achieve "typical Jets fan" distinction.

Amazing. You keep posting whatever possible to achieve "typical Jets fan" distinction.

It's April! Lighten up a bit and have some fun. It's a long off-season man.

chill-pill2.jpg

It's April! Lighten up a bit and have some fun. It's a long off-season man.

chill-pill2.jpg
Why do you suggest I'm not "light"? Look, I realize as a Jets fan the off-season is your favorite time of year and I'm not trying to rain on your parade by calling you a ... Jets fan. Maybe you'd be better off taking a break from this thread. Aren't there some women around you want to punch, or criminal behavior to defend elsewhere?

A story came out today that the Jets have asked D'Brickashaw Ferguson to take a pay cut so the team can re-sign Fitzpatrick. I don't think publicly pressuring one of your most reliable players is the best way to negotiate, but that could just be me. Even if he does take a pay cut, that assumes Fitzpatrick will agree to whatever offer the Jets make.

Also, I don't think there is any leverage the team can use against Ferguson beyond "Help us out with this." I don't think there is a threat to release him if he doesn't take a pay cut. Even if the Jets do that, they're solving one problem while creating another - If Ferguson is gone, they can bring back Fitzpatrick, but then they'd have to bring in a new LT, cheap, and hope he plays well. Otherwise, Fitzpatrick will be welcomed back with the news that he'll be running for his life next season.

If Ferguson is gone, they can bring back Fitzpatrick, but then they'd have to bring in a new LT, cheap, and hope he plays well. Otherwise, Fitzpatrick will be welcomed back with the news that he'll be running for his life next season.
You can usually get a decent tackle at 20, or they could trade up and get a likely better tackle.

You can usually get a decent tackle at 20, or they could trade up and get a likely better tackle.
Shhh! Woody might be reading this, don't give them any ideas.

A story came out today that the Jets have asked D'Brickashaw Ferguson to take a pay cut so the team can re-sign Fitzpatrick. I don't think publicly pressuring one of your most reliable players is the best way to negotiate, but that could just be me. Even if he does take a pay cut, that assumes Fitzpatrick will agree to whatever offer the Jets make.

Also, I don't think there is any leverage the team can use against Ferguson beyond "Help us out with this." I don't think there is a threat to release him if he doesn't take a pay cut. Even if the Jets do that, they're solving one problem while creating another - If Ferguson is gone, they can bring back Fitzpatrick, but then they'd have to bring in a new LT, cheap, and hope he plays well. Otherwise, Fitzpatrick will be welcomed back with the news that he'll be running for his life next season.

Maybe the Jests could try and get Revis to take a pay cut. :D:D:D

Which is why they are asking Ferguson.
Maybe Da Brick will repay Fitzy by letting the occasional blitzer blow by him?

I think I might, if that other greedy bugger had cost me several million dollars.

Which is why they are asking Ferguson.
Hopefully, some righteously indignant dissension is brewing in the green swamp. "Hey Ferguson -- Revis refuses to take a pay cut from his many, many millions to help keep the team from sucking this season. That's why we need you to pony up."

Maybe Da Brick will repay Fitzy by letting the occasional blitzer blow by him?
Looks like Da Brick is repaying Fitzy by retiring!

Fitzy's agent is creaming his jeans, no more salary cap excuses, Fitzy will get PAID!

The Rats will have little choice but to overpay Fitzy and put some scrub in at LT that will get Fitzy killed!

This off-season victory by the Rats is getting more and more satisfying every day!

Looks like Da Brick is repaying Fitzy by retiring!

Fitzy's agent is creaming his jeans, no more salary cap excuses, Fitzy will get PAID!

The Rats will have little choice but to overpay Fitzy and put some scrub in at LT that will get Fitzy killed!

This off-season victory by the Rats is getting more and more satisfying every day!

A one act play...

JETS: Brick, you've never missed a start in a decade. You're an all pro. One of the best. But you have to take a pay cut.
BRICK: huh? Why?
JETS: So we can pay Fitzy.
BRICK: he's never done s***. You want me to take a cut to block for a scrub? Yo, I'm done.

A one act play...

JETS: Brick, you've never missed a start in a decade. You're an all pro. One of the best. But you have to take a pay cut.
BRICK: huh? Why?
JETS: So we can pay Fitzy.
BRICK: he's never done s***. You want me to take a cut to block for a scrub? Yo, I'm done.

If true, I'm glad. I'm not a huge Fitz fan. At least not at anything above 5mil.

Though supposedly Brick has been mulling retirement all offseason and keeping the Jets in the loop. Word is he wants to get into politics. Met him a couple times. Seemed to have a good head on his shoulders (so he may be over-qualified).

Time came to decide. He was gonna be asked to take a pay cut regardless of Fitz. Guess he made the smart choice for himself and his family. Can't be mad at that. Sucks. But what are ya gonna do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes