PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2015 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should consider changing the thread title because the Jets don't "Suck" any more.
Only about 25 percent of the Jets sucking involves what happens on the field of play. From ownership down through the fan base, they genuinely suck.

Ha. Just lookin' out for you guys. It'll be much easier dealing with the loss if the Jets don't suck. I mean what happens when Sunday comes and ya lose? Would it be better to lose to a team that sucks or a good team?
If the Patriots lose Sunday your Green Beans still will suck. That's because the entire culture in and around your morbid franchise sucks like there's no tomorrow. A bit of success on the field won't change that.

I'm concerned that the Jets are not sucking enough and are not willing to help us like they have been for the past several years.

Todd Bowles and the Jets are being quiet, playing disciplined football, and keeping a lid on things. Once they got past the cartoonish training camp behavior, it seems like Bowles has clamped down. I sure hope this doesn't continue.

If it does, at least we have Chuck Pagano and the Colts.

Going to have to earn this one one. I doubt the Jets will give this away to our guys. I also am not convinced of any suckage by the jets this year.

I'm looking forward to seeing this matchup against the "new and improved" Jets coached by Todd "Irritable" Bowels. Looking at the remaining schedule this may be the only competitive team we will face until the playoffs (that's right, Denver does not scare me at all, even at Mile High).

Given Fitzpatrick's history against Belichick coached defenses, I'm cautiously optimistic we can handle this one.

I was looking at the Jet games and noticed this stat from the Miami game:
CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD INT QBR RAT
16 29 218 55.2 7.52 1 1 91.4 76.5

I think the ESPN guys are fudging the books for their home team Jets....

Only about 25 percent of the Jets sucking involves what happens on the field of play. From ownership down through the fan base, they genuinely suck.

If the Patriots lose Sunday your Green Beans still will suck. That's because the entire culture in and around your morbid franchise sucks like there's no tomorrow. A bit of success on the field won't change that.

Keep 'em coming. Just makes the potential win sweeter.

It's gonna be tough to keep a level head as Sunday draws near, so here's a breakdown now from someone proud to be a part of a fan base that "genuinely sucks".

First off, I'm just happy to see the Jets D vs a great offense. Win or lose, it's going to be fun to watch and a great way to judge how good the D is 6 games into the Bowles era.

Pats should be favored. It's in NE and they're the best until proven otherwise.

Pats O vs Jets D: Even
You could make arguments either way here. Pats offense is a thing of beauty. Definition of surgical. However the Jets not only have a great D, it's one that matches up vs NE very well.

The Dline will be able to get pressure on Brady w/o blitzing. It will also demolish any attempt by NE to establish a traditional running game.

The secondary will allow the Dline to get pressure playing press coverage. Even w/o Skrine playing, but I really hope he does. Really hope Revis doesn't stay glued to Edelman though. (I have Edelman in fantasy, and he's a PPR beast.)

The main worry here is Dion. I guess the popular choice would be Gronk. Though with the pressure I expect to be on Brady, I figure the Gronk deep seam throws to be rushed while Gronk is hit inside 5yds by a LB with a DB over top. Dion on the other hand is worrisome. Our LBs aren't the quickest. So while the Pats may not be able to run the ball, Dion could still be in for a big game getting quick dump-offs. The kid is good and will burn Pace/Coples. If I see this, really hope Bowles does too and has a plan for it.

Honorable mention for NE's famous pick plays. Jets need to be in the refs' ears all game about this. Best coverage guys can't do crap if they're getting picked all the time. Not complaining here. If they can get away with it, why not do it? I would.

Jets O vs Pats D: Advantage Jets
As I mentioned a few days ago, all the headlines will be about Pats O vs Jets D. But I think the deciding factor will be if the Jets O can keep the ball a while which will keep the defense fresh. If the time of possession is around 50/50, Jets odds go way up. But if the Jets D is on the field too much, Brady will absolutely shred any defense once they get tired.

Enter Ivory and our big possession WRs. Pats D doesn't scare anyone. No reason (other than a Fitz bad game) to think the Jets can't move the ball, score and more importantly eat up time.

Special Teams: Advantage Pats
Jets have sucked on special teams so far.

Prediction: Great game. Jets 31 - Pats 20

I don't see why we should turn up based on the above. Give them the W now Bill, treat it as a bye week.

Keep 'em coming. Just makes the potential win sweeter.
That oft-repeated refrain has been a Green Beans favorite for 46 years. (Likely since before you were born into abject slavery to that lamentable franchise.)

It's gonna be tough to keep a level head ...
You're a Jets fan. No need to state the obvious.

so here's a breakdown now from someone proud to be a part of a fan base that "genuinely sucks".
:confused: "Proud"? Why? Because you ARE part of a fan base that genuinely sucks. You should be ashamed, certainly not "proud."

Here's a bit of news for you: if your Green Beans win -- which is possible -- it changes nothing at all. So don't come back to this thread beating your hairless skinny chest should that happen. Just enjoy yourself for a week, because it never will get any better for you.

Last edited:
I like JetFan. He's cool. Might be the complete polar opposite of every parasite on TGG.

Fitzpatrick hasn't sucked as much. We better hit him on sunday afternoon.

That oft-repeated refrain has been a Green Beans favorite for 46 years. (Likely since before you were born into abject slavery to that lamentable franchise.)

You're a Jets fan. No need to state the obvious.

:confused: "Proud"? Why? Because you ARE part of a fan base that genuinely sucks. You should be ashamed, certainly not "proud."

Here's a bit of news for you: if your Green Beans win -- which is possible -- it changes nothing at all. So don't come back to this thread beating your hairless skinny chest should that happen. Just enjoy yourself for a week, because it never will get any better for you.

Why all the hate man? If the Jets win, will I gloat? Sure, but only a little bit. It's a big divisional game. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

I like JetFan. He's cool. Might be the complete polar opposite of every parasite on TGG.

Thanks. I do make an attempt to give the Pats their much deserved credit whenever possible. But it is Jets/Pats week. Gotta show Gang Green support these weeks.

Fitzpatrick hasn't sucked as much. We better hit him on sunday afternoon.

The oline has kept him pretty clean so far. It's been great but I also have no clue how he'll respond if/when the time comes he starts taking hits.

Prediction: Great game. Jets 31 - Pats 20

You think it will be a great game, but from your projected score it seems like the Jets should win this one going away. You seem like a good guy, but from that prediction I can't be sure if you're that naive or just plain stupid.
I have confidence in the Pats winning this game, but I think it will only be by one score because of the matchup between the Jets O versus the Pats D. I don't think you give our front seven enough credit and if you think Dion Lewis is quick and shifty, have you seen those other two guys named Edelman and Amendola? They aren't exactly a good matchup for your secondary especially if Revis is focusing on Gronk, which I also think is too much for Revis alone.

Why all the hate man? If the Jets win, will I gloat? Sure, but only a little bit. It's a big divisional game. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.
Hate is too strong a word. I'd use "disdain," bordering on revulsion.

Gotta get out the Ban Hammah for Tedy Bruschi who just said the Jests are the best team the Pats have faced this season.

You think it will be a great game, but from your projected score it seems like the Jets should win this one going away. You seem like a good guy, but from that prediction I can't be sure if you're that naive or just plain stupid.
I have confidence in the Pats winning this game, but I think it will only be by one score because of the matchup between the Jets O versus the Pats D. I don't think you give our front seven enough credit and if you think Dion Lewis is quick and shifty, have you seen those other two guys named Edelman and Amendola? They aren't exactly a good matchup for your secondary especially if Revis is focusing on Gronk, which I also think is too much for Revis alone.

I do think it'll be a great game. Perhaps with the Jets up by 4 late and the Pats driving. Leading to a pick-6. Hence the score prediction. I don't underestimate Edelman and Amendola (as mentioned I have Edelman on my fantasy team), but I like our CBs vs them. Dion?... that's the key this game. He could kill it vs our OLBs.

Don't think Revis will focus on Gronk. I'd expect man coverage on the outside most of the time and Gronk to be at least somewhat double teamed with a LB and Gilchrist/Cro.

I do think it'll be a great game. Perhaps with the Jets up by 4 late and the Pats driving. Leading to a pick-6. Hence the score prediction. I don't underestimate Edelman and Amendola (as mentioned I have Edelman on my fantasy team), but I like our CBs vs them. Dion?... that's the key this game. He could kill it vs our OLBs.

Don't think Revis will focus on Gronk. I'd expect man coverage on the outside most of the time and Gronk to be at least somewhat double teamed with a LB and Gilchrist/Cro.

You're giving the Patriots offense, at home, the same point total that the Foreskins just put on your defense?

You're giving the Patriots offense, at home, the same point total that the Foreskins just put on your defense?

Nope. Defense technically let up 6 vs the Skins.

The other 14?

1. Punt block for a TD
2. Decker fumbling and giving the Skins the ball at their 15ydln or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back