PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2015 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
at this point, I feel I MUST roll out the heavy artillery....

93967.jpg

Historical note...the mods created this thread because I'm such a psychotic Jets hater I was infecting almost all the threads with my personal brand of lunatic fringe insanity...but then, in their wisdom, they created THIS thread and lo and behold, I became a lesser light in the Jet Hater pantheon as hordes of previously silent greenatics unleashed the fury of a million Pats fans on the net.

Do you realize this thread has been referenced by media from across the country the last five years?

I was unaware of this. Thanks for the info. That's actually pretty cool. Glad to take on the battle for a while then. I feel honored.

I must say that I am relatively disappointed in my fellow patsfans treatment of you (in this thread). You have been most respectful jester to ever post in this thread, but I'm sorry to inform you...THIS ISNT THE PLACE FOR IT!

As joker pointed out this is the thread where we amaze ourselves with all that is inglorious about the jesters and embellishment of suckage, although not a crime here, is generally unnecessary.

Most of your pleasant banter, good humor end attempts at trolling belong in the pregame thread. But sadly, the Dolt hatred and slightly anti-climactic (score anyway) outcome of the Dolt game seems to have worn out some of our best slap-down artists, so sadly what you got here is just me.

FYI your prediction text and score are a typical jester delusional contradiction. 5 paragraphs of relatively even-handed analysis (albeit leaving out most talk about any jester offense inadequacies) that then says Patriots have a huge advantage in 1/3 of the game, immediately followed by a lopsided prediction for the jesters. LOL. :) Even their rational posters (can't believe I am associated r-word with a jester) can't help going off the deep end :)

I must say that I am relatively disappointed in my fellow patsfans treatment of you (in this thread). You have been most respectful jester to ever post in this thread, but I'm sorry to inform you...THIS ISNT THE PLACE FOR IT!

As joker pointed out this is the thread where we amaze ourselves with all that is inglorious about the jesters and embellishment of suckage, although not a crime here, is generally unnecessary.

Most of your pleasant banter, good humor end attempts at trolling belong in the pregame thread. But sadly, the Dolt hatred and slightly anti-climactic (score anyway) outcome of the Dolt game seems to have worn out some of our best slap-down artists, so sadly what you got here is just me.

FYI your prediction text and score are a typical jester delusional contradiction. 5 paragraphs of relatively even-handed analysis (albeit leaving out most talk about any jester offense inadequacies) that then says Patriots have a huge advantage in 1/3 of the game, immediately followed by a lopsided prediction for the jesters. LOL. :) Even their rational posters (can't believe I am associated r-word with a jester) can't help going off the deep end :)

Well I was unaware of the history of this thread. With that knowledge I'll expect the worst of the worst here. I don't mind it. I was more concerned about annoying the board with foolish attacks going back-and-forth. Guess I'll be more open to that now (in this thread anyways). Just want to be clear, it's not what I'd normally do and outnumbered as I am, I may get tired of it and just give up at times.

As far as the prediction... to be fair, I did mention weeks back that come Jet/Pat week I tend to get a bit "greener". It's unavoidable and incurable. So perhaps right now I could be a bit delusional. The prediction still stands though. Guess we'll see Sunday.

** I posted a decent amount today, but I know I included some points about Fitz not being good with the deep ball and completely missing Devin Smith at times. Also that I'm worried about Dion vs our LBs in pass coverage. So it wasn't all viewed through green glasses.

Well I was unaware of the history of this thread. With that knowledge I'll expect the worst of the worst here. I don't mind it. I was more concerned about annoying the board with foolish attacks going back-and-forth. Guess I'll be more open to that now (in this thread anyways). Just want to be clear, it's not what I'd normally do and outnumbered as I am, I may get tired of it and just give up at times.
I see this thread as similar to playing cards/poker with longtime friends and family. Anything that gets mentioned is usually exaggerated, a little bit cruel, but mostly not meant to be taken as serious or the truth (well maybe a little bit of truth).

Basically, what gets said in the game remains in the game (or thread for this purpose).

Now, if you want to get Joker started on Goodell, that could be quite educational. You should get more details on your #1 fan. :)

Jets might never lose again!
I see your point.....after all, you just got a young quarterback that shows years of promise...just like when Tom Brady began playing....LOL :rolleyes:

I realize that the jest and their fans are bursting with confidence right now, they haven't been 3 games over .500 very often in the history of their team

They do look better now that they've moved on from Rex, and I'm happy that the loud mouth is being exposed as a fraud of a head coach

However I think it's only a matter of time before the jest remember that they're the jest, and while I do think they'll play the Patriots tough this week, I suspend that will see the usual jest swoon within the next month or so

I see this thread as similar to playing cards/poker with longtime friends and family. Anything that gets mentioned is usually exaggerated, a little bit cruel, but mostly not meant to be taken as serious or the truth (well maybe a little bit of truth).

Basically, what gets said in the game remains in the game (or thread for this purpose).

Now, if you want to get Joker started on Goodell, that could be quite educational. You should get more details on your #1 fan. :)

Ha thanks for the heads up. I'll ask him about it during a slow week. Sounds like he really respects and likes the NFL's best commish ever.

This week though, more than enough to keep busy with. Like this article full of fun facts...

New England Patriots offense poses hazards for New York Jets - New York Jets Blog - ESPN

Beware, Jets: Patriots racking up huge numbers on revenge tour 2.0
Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

Ten things to know about the New England Patriots, the New York Jets' next opponent:

1. Conjuring up memories of their post-SpyGate vengeance in 2007, the Patriots are in the midst of another revenge tour, thrashing opponents as they attempt to escape the shadows of DeflateGate. They're one of five undefeated teams, the most in Week 7 since the merger in 1970. This marks their third 5-0 start underTom Brady and -- this won't surprise you -- they reached the Super Bowl the previous two times (2004, 2007). The Patriots aren't just winning, they're winning big -- an average margin of victory of 16 points. Hell hath no fury like a Patriot scorned.

2. The Patriots have fielded some scary offenses over the years -- who can forget Brady to Randy Moss in 2007? -- but the current group has scored 183 points, a franchise record for the first five games. Think about that for a moment.

3. Brady, who was supposed to be washed up a year ago at this time, is having another MVP-type season. He didn't throw his first interception until last week, and his 118.4 passer rating leads the league. He's had a couple of hiccups against the Jets in recent years (relatively speaking, of course), but his overall record (20-5) speaks for itself. One topic sure to come up this week, especially in the Jets' coaches meetings, is how he handles the blitz. Brady's release versus the blitz (1.83 seconds) is the second-fastest in the league, according to ESPN Stats & Information, but he struggled a bit last week against the Indianapolis Colts. His interception -- a Pick 6 -- came on a blitz.

4. It's worth noting the last Jets-Patriots game at Gillette Stadium (Oct. 16, 2014) became immortalized in the Wells Report on DeflateGate. During the game, Brady "complained angrily" about the inflation level of his footballs, telling staffers the balls were "like bricks," the report states. In fact, there are 25 references to the Jets in the 243-page report. If you believe Brady, his education on PSI level began in the aftermath of that two-point win over the Jets.

5. Obviously, the Patriots have survived the loss of cornerback Darrelle Revis, although their defense isn't the same without him. They're 16th in total defense and 16th in pass defense -- the very definition of average. Average is okay if your quarterback is Brady and he's averaging 30 points per game. The big concern is the run defense -- 4.84 yards per attempt, 29th in the league. You thinkChris Ivory will appreciate that stat? A lot of factors can be attributed to the porous run defense. Not having a shutdown corner like Revis, whose presence in the secondary allows the defense to commit an extra player to run support, is one of them.

6. Revis has been replaced by Super Bowl hero Malcolm Butler, who sometimes is matched against the opponents' No. 1 receiver. A year ago, he played only 17 percent of the defensive snaps, and now he's their No. 1 corner. The other cornerback position has been a revolving door. Right now, the job belongs to Logan Ryan. As for their depth ... what depth? It's the weakness the Jets, no doubt, will try to exploit.

7. It took us to No. 7 before mentioningRob Gronkowski, who certainly will be a lot higher on the Jets' priority list. Gronkowski, who reached 60 career touchdowns faster than any tight end in history (70 games), is a matchup nightmare. Interestingly, only five have come against the Jets. Don't read too much into that, though. In his last five games against them, he's had 33 catches for 404 yards. This just in: He's good.

8. The Patriots will introduce some new faces to the rivalry, none bigger thanDion Lewis, the type of running back that causes problems for the Jets. He's super-quick and explosive, capable of making big plays in the passing game. He has 26 receptions, second to Julian Edelman's 40, and he averages 5.0 yards per carry. Basically, he's their new Danny Woodhead. The Patriots' personnel department did a great job of finding Lewis on the NFL scrap heap.

9. For the third straight week, the Jets will face a team missing its starting left tackle.Nate Solder is on injured reserve, and his backup, Marcus Cannon, left last week's game with a toe injury. The Patriots were forced to finish the game with right tackleSebastian Vollmer on the left side. CouldMuhammad Wilkerson & Co. face a third-string tackle on Sunday? No doubt, the always transparent Belichick will provide up-to-the-minute injury info.

10. The Jets' struggling special teams may want to keep an eye on linebacker Jamie Collins, who blocked a PAT last week with a spectacular leap over the long snapper.

We can actually blame the Jets for Deflategate too. For one thing, we all know Roger Goodell is really a Jets employee in disguise (cue the Joker). For another, it was the Jets' illegal over-inflation of footballs back in that game in NY in December (where the Pats looked off and barely won) that got TFB mad about ball inflation and caused him to yell at his guys to make sure the balls were inflated to the minimum PSI allowed. Which of course, led said Jets employee, Roger Goodell, to spend $5 million dollars to ruin TFB's reputation & stretch the truth beyond any reasonable bounds, into, "there was a scheme to deflate footballs and Tom Brady was generally aware." What a crock. If I am Brady, I am just as mad this week as last.
Look out Jets.

No way there will be a letdown, it's a division game.
I hope you're right, and I forgot that the Jets played a role in Deflategate too.

Not bad. This one's better though.

tom-brady.jpg
No, that's not a photo of a Jets fan whining. It's a photo depicting the heart of a CHAMPION. Something you know nothing about, so your confusion is completely understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back