PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets organization engaging in "questionable practices" with agents

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From the NY Daily News today:

Some player reps felt like the Jets had questionable practices when the league’s three-day negotiating window opened 10 days ago. “There was interest… but at what level?” said one agent, who spoke to the Jets brass during free agency. “It wasn’t the level that they had led on.”

The Jets brass actually apologized to at least one player-rep after the team misled him in their interest level, according to a source.

Read more: NY Jets GM John Idzik ripped for slow pace, missing out on Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - NY Daily News

And the entire article tells a tale of how the Jets are still dysfunctional and Idzik is screwing up free agency. Of course it is a Manish Mehta piece and if you ask any Jets fan, unlike Ron Borges who is the only guy brave enough to tell the truth about the Patriots, Mehta is a hack who makes up stuff about the Jets.

re: Jets organization engaging in "questionable practices" with agents

Phew! What a relief. I thought there were going to be bare feet involved.

Great strategy. Seems to be paying huge dividends so far.;)

Read more: NY Jets GM John Idzik ripped for slow pace, missing out on Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - NY Daily News

And the entire article tells a tale of how the Jets are still dysfunctional and Idzik is screwing up free agency. Of course it is a Manish Mehta piece and if you ask any Jets fan, unlike Ron Borges who is the only guy brave enough to tell the truth about the Patriots, Mehta is a hack who makes up stuff about the Jets.

Different year S O J.......
:rocker:

Great strategy. Seems to be paying huge dividends so far.;)

C'mon, what better strategy than wait for the player you want to basically sign with another team and then start getting aggressive.

The combination of the ultra-brash Rex Ryan and a guy like Idzik who appears to be extremely meticulous and on the slow side (and even to have trouble coming to a decision at times) seems like a recipe for failure.

Perfect.

You can be swift and aggressive in free agency, or you can be cautious and prudent in free agency. When you try to be both, you get caught in the middle and you get nothing.

So let's see if Jets ass-kisser Roger Goodell will impose heavy sanctions on them ($1 million fine for the organization; $500,000 for Coach Rex Ryan anyone?).

Who blew the whistle? Mangini?

Phew! What a relief. I thought there were going to be bare feet involved.

that was my first thought as well.

I hate the Jets, but I really distrust a writer with an agenda as well as a player rep. Combined with all the lies and smoke-screens in FA, it's pretty easy to twist and turn whatever you have into whatever you want.

The Jets could have had serious interest in one FA until something changed, whether a second team got involved, a price tag got out of hand, someone else got cut, et cetera. There's a domino effect that can happen, and one signing changes the dynamics in others.

Would the Broncos have signed Talib if they knew Revis would be available shortly after? What if they pressed Talib hard during the legal tampering window, and then Revis got cut a day sooner? Wouldn't this article be about John Elway instead?

Rodgers-Cromartie declined a big deal from the Broncos, went out to assess his market, and the Broncos moved on with Talib. He couldn't go back and get the original offer because it changed the moment Talib was on-board.

We haven't seen the details of Edelman's deal, but his trip to San Fran sure seemed to sort out a lot of it. Did the pressure change our original deal, or was it a reality check for Jules?

We often judge FA and draft trades and draft picks in a vacuum, independent of each other, but that's not really the case. One signing or one pick can alter the next significantly. You have a top TE near your pick get snagged, you don't necessarily take the next top TE on your list. Maybe the value changes and you select your top remaining DE. You won't move on your price for a FA but when the other top players at his position start signing, your urgency level changes and the price also changes based on what others are doing. It's natural that things change from moment to moment in FA.

So I don't know what to say really. Sanders apparently had a deal with the Chiefs in place and then used it to shop around for a better offer, which he got from the Broncos. It's free agency, it's a lot of talk that only matters once somebody signs. Both sides lie, cheat, and do whatever they can to get the best deal they can. To criticize a GM for changing his position on a player or a group of players over time seems overblown and ridiculous.

Having said that much, the Jets still suck.

the Jets SUCK...and that makes me happy. :woohoo:

Ron Borges still thinks the Pats mistreated Drew Bledsoe.

Well, judging by their play on the field, I think we can assume that all of their practices are questionable.

You can be swift and aggressive in free agency, or you can be cautious and prudent in free agency. When you try to be both, you get caught in the middle and you get nothing.

alison_coviello.jpg

The Jets engage in "questionable practices" with everything and everyone. Even their own wives.

It looks like Idzik is deliberately attempting to incite Ryan. It HAS to hurt seeing his hated rival to the northeast make moves in their secondary while his remains a disaster area.

It looks like Idzik is deliberately attempting to incite Ryan.
Nah, I think he's just incompetent, which makes it even better. Remember, about 200 potential GMs turned Woody down before they settled for Idzik.

I am trying to not jump the gun. Of course, I fervently hope that he is an incarnation of the Jet buddha, Rich Kotite but I want to keep my highest of hopes under wraps until I'm certain that what we're seeing IS ...same.old.Jets.

Soj soj soj!

Jets fans all saying this is BS...no story here......what turds

well...to be fair...I asked you many times before ..what really happened to Brady2Moss?...one day he was here and then *poof*...like Kaiser Soze...gone! I still suspect foul play...maybe I'll inform the cold case squad and get to the bottom of this...:biggrin2:

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back