PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets are "likely" to sign free agent Adalius Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read yesterday from one of the media guys (might have been Mort, King or Schefter) that Thomas actually doesn't want to play for the Jets. He turned them down. He's considering not playing anymore as well.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated heard at first that Thomas wasn’t returning the Jets’ phone calls. He later spoke to Thomas who said, “I definitely want to play. There must be a miscommunication.”"]Peter King of Sports Illustrated heard at first that Thomas wasn’t returning the Jets’ phone calls. He later spoke to Thomas who said, “I definitely want to play. There must be a miscommunication."

Calvin Pace out six weeks, Adalius Thomas still wants to play | Empire Sports Now

Re: OT:Jets are "likely" to sign free agent Adalius Thomas.

Actually, no. Swagger determines how consistent a player is in clutch situations like 4th down or late in the game.

How the Hell are those two things in any way related? The Ravens are swaggerlicious and consistently implode late in games with stupid penalties and such. That's just odd to me.

How the Hell are those two things in any way related? The Ravens are swaggerlicious and consistently implode late in games with stupid penalties and such. That's just odd to me.

*cough* Bart Scott *cough*

I still remember Gostkowski setting up from the Ravens 35 for that kickoff. . . .

I think the real story is that the #6 pick in the draft entering his 3rd season isn't better than a washed up vet that 32 teams didn't want or an ancient Jason Taylor. Gholston has played the number of snaps in his career to equal 1% of what mega-busts Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell played. Once you eliminate guys who got hurt and never really played this guy is making his case as the biggest bust ever. He can't even get on the field to fail.

Imagine this board when Rex Ryan makes Thomas a captain when we play them

That thread would get ugly quick

It sounds at the moment like AD doesn't like anyone infering he doesn't want to play when the organization who apparently inferred it is probably trying to reel him in on the cheap. Rex stated if he brings him in he'd rather it be sooner than later. Then he mentioned that there is "stuff" involved (that he obviously isn't all that involved in, like running the organization...) that may make that not what the organization wants at this time. LOL

One day the JETS should try speaking with one voice, and preferably an intelligent one.

I can't think of a bigger disappoint that we picked up in free agency.
Son of a preacher good solid disciplined background.
Built like a tank quick fast strong mean, played defensive back for baltimore in certain packages even covering chad johnson a few times.
Was labeled versatile smart a coaches dream.
Looked like a match made in heaven with BB and the pats.
First red flag was Ray Lewis criticizing Thomas's work ethic and heart, saying he'd roll over soon as he got paid.
At the time I had about a keg of thomas koolaid and said no way it's just sour grapes.
Then we get the criticism from Thomas about the coaching staff the missed tackles and lackluster effort.
Finally the demotion, then the final chapter criticizing the teams treatment of his injury and him as a man and player in general.
Thomas is everything Lewis said he was and truly it's a shame that being said I don't put it past him to actually try to play against us and make a impact.
My take is I don't want any dog to put on a jersey and lay down to be on my team.

Christopher Price, "Jets wont sign A. Thomas if at all until after 1st wk of reg season,if they do they have 2 guarantee him full yrs salary"

*cough* Bart Scott *cough*

I still remember Gostkowski setting up from the Ravens 35 for that kickoff. . . .

I was at that game, what a classic meltdown by the JABBA WRECKS-led Ravens. Even the fans had a meltdown. An old man sitting in the row ahead of me actually started crying.

Christopher Price, "Jets wont sign A. Thomas if at all until after 1st wk of reg season,if they do they have 2 guarantee him full yrs salary"

This is exactly what they will do. And oh, coincidentally, they play Patriots in week two.

I think we should sign Patspsycho and disguise him as Colonel Ripper, then when A.T. tries to go on the field in the second game, Psycho can challenge his P.O.E. (purity of essence) and declare the whole stadium locked down.

2555865997_548ab3ded9.jpg

If they DO sign Tita (toes in the air) Thomas and make him a captain for the game-two coin toss, I just might puke on whatever Green Beans fan is sitting next to me.

If they DO sign Tita (toes in the air) Thomas and make him a captain for the game-two coin toss, I just might puke on whatever Green Beans fan is sitting next to me.

Puke in Fireman Ed's hat.

Though he's not nearly what he used to be, I suspect that he'll be a better fit in their defense than he was in our's.
Why? His diminshed skills wont help him any more there than here. He couldnt rush the passer with us, chnin teams wont change his skill level.
Actually, 2 gap contain run D may be the best thing he has left in his bag, and he won t be doing that there.

Afalius Thomas... from "the Jetsons" to the jets, son.

i hate to be a buzz kill but my feeling is just like last year if he is signed pre pats game that he will be pretty motivated to play well against us. He was crap with us but i dunno just a feeling i have

IF, and I can't say for sure because I'm no Jets expert,A.T. signs and expects to play, where exactly does he fit? If,as Wrecks has stated ,J.T. takes Pace's spot and Goatston is a standup edge rusher, then Thomas is a backup, and then only until Pace returns. The Jets will pay the remaining two years on his contract for THAT? I must be missing something..

IF, and I can't say for sure because I'm no Jets expert,A.T. signs and expects to play, where exactly does he fit? If,as Wrecks has stated ,J.T. takes Pace's spot and Goatston is a standup edge rusher, then Thomas is a backup, and then only until Pace returns. The Jets will pay the remaining two years on his contract for THAT? I must be missing something..

The Jets wouldn't have to pay out his contract. They have to give him a new contract.

And Thomas would pass Gholston on the depth chart just about 13 seconds after he signed the deal.

Oh, wait.... Gholston's a DE again, so it's a different position now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back