PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets are "likely" to sign free agent Adalius Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah...I get it...so if his agent agrees to the 850k minimum, then Wrecks will use him on special teams and his sub packages...seems like a no brainer then...unless the agent tries to hold out for more than the minimum.

I guess I'm in the minority, but AD is such a physical beast and seems like such a petty prick that I'd prefer he not show up against the Pats in week 2.

I guess I'm in the minority, but AD is such a physical beast and seems like such a petty prick that I'd prefer he not show up against the Pats in week 2.

Rex knows what he does best and will use him as he did back in Baltimore. He'll be required to do less and do only what he does best. Don't be surprised if he looks better with the Jets. With that said he really was a mess for us and am glad we let him go.

Last edited:
Rex knows what he does best and will use him as he did back in Baltimore. He'll be required to do less and do only what he does best. Don't be surprised if he looks better with the Jets. With that said he really was a mess for us and am glad we let him go.
But he hasn't attended camp with anyone. Would that concern Rex. how long would it take him to learn the Jets system (given he and Rexy have worked before together?)

Apparently, unless someone scoops Adalius Thomas up before the season, he will be a Jet after week one. From Peter King's MMQB:
"That is ridiculous,'' he said. "If they called me, I'd definitely call them back. All I know is [GM] Mike Tannenbaum called my agent [Bus Cook] a couple of days ago and they're interested in maybe doing something with me -- but not until after the first game of the season.''

Read more: Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts worry new NFL*rule will slow down hurry-up offense - Peter King - SI.com

So I am guessing he will be signed Monday before the Pats game. Looks like he will be a rent a player though because they don't want to guarantee his money and sign him before the first game of the season.

Last edited:
Jets have some internal conflict on this.

Ryan, Tannenbaum at odds over Thomas? - AFC East Blog - ESPN

Ryan sounded glum and gave an uncharacteristically brief answer when a reporter asked if there were plans to bring Thomas to the Jets facility for a physical.

"No," Ryan replied. "Not yet."

I'm betting it's just a procedural bump on the road. I'd be very surprised if AD wasn't out for the coin toss in week 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back