PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets in Foxboro

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yes indeed...I have always found it quite amusing that Red Sox fans get all lathered up over the hated Yankess....when Yankee folk could really care less."

:confused: I lived in NYC for 8 years as a transplanted Bostonian, and i have been to many Bosox yankees games, and also worked with yankees fans and let me tell you, they get their panties in a bunch about the RedSox. I've heard this type of thing before, about Yankees fans not caring about the Sox, but let me tell you, they do...and they will this year for sure! GO SOX!!! GO PATS!!!

My hate for the Jets is now all encompassing.

I will now and forever hate that team and its fans with a level of anger boardering on insanity.

Other than our team completely destroying them on the field that day, more needs to be done. They tried to destroy the very fabric of our franchise and continue to do so through their media cronies and litigious fan base.

My desire at the very least is to create the most inhospitable environment for that team when they come here.

I want loud relentless booing and sideline razzing. I'm not too creative when it comes to being vindictive, but our presence needs to be felt and the planning and coordination needs to start early as so ALL fans in attendence will be in on the efforts well before.

I will note condone any violent or unlawful activity as that's beneath us. Leave that to the dregs that follow our competitors.

Let's get our collective genius together and consolidate a plan of action.:rocker:

How about if one side of the stadium screams, "Mangini is..." and then the other side screams back, "a COWARD, A LOSER & A CLOWN!"?

Bah! Look, there's a little bulldog lying next to me wondering why I just sighed and delayed her trip to the dog park. One fabulous line tucked in the middle of a haystack of melodrama. Don't get me wrong, though; I'm all for messageboard nonsense.

First, on your valid point - that the Patriots' reputation has been tarnished by the videogate episode. That's a real problem for them. And, I've posted a few times what I thought they should do about it. The cure is entirely in their hands. Unless and until they disclosed everything top-to-bottom about what they were doing and why, people like Gregg Easterbrook are going to keep spinning the story their own way. Like it or not, it's the Patriots' fault that the story keeps expanding in absurdities. If Bob Kraft cares about the value of his brand - and I think we ALL know that he does - he'll do his own batch of spinning. Perhaps we'll see a new "insider" book about it.

My point is, and has been, the shape and breadth of the story is entirely within the Patriots' control. There's another thread on the front page here about Jimmy Johnson's WFAN interview, along with someone's comments about how the press will ignore it. But whose fault is that?!! The Patriots have a media department. Hell, they have a bigger media department than the Jets. Fix it. That's what people get paid for!

. . . .and that's all I've got to say about that.

But that leads me to the wrongheadedness of the balance of the post, as well as this thread.

Why do we watch sports? Why do we follow the NFL and post on messageboards about it during the six off-days each week. For entertainment, perhaps? And, the New York / New England border war over the last decade, although it's had highs and lows, had added to that. Makes each victory just a little sweeter, no? Tell me honestly that your adrenaline doesn't bubble just a little more for the Jets than, say, the Lions. Sports is about teasing emotions. And guess what - you're friggin' winning! Why you would get so Manchester/Arsenal about this when you're on the winning side is beyond me.

I'll tease or taunt you if you want, just to feed the beast. But is it really necessary?

And now, you'll pardon me whilst I tend to my dawg.

Hope your dog had a nice poop!

I don't agree at all with your assessment that the Pats need to come clean....COME CLEAN?? On what?:eek:

Oh, you mean just admit that they were doing what most of the other teams were doing? You act as if the Patriots really committed some dispicable, cheating act that other teams found appalling. If you believe that, my friend, you don't know jack about reality!

I think the fact the Patriots haven't answered ANY of the media questions regarding this none isssue is AWESOME! Like most Patriots fans, it has made me proud. C'mon, just look at the way they have ignored all the BS and just WON football games! How can anyone NOT find that admirable?:rolleyes:

"Come clean"? NOPE!! The Patriots will not allow themselves to be the scapegoats of the NFL. And for that, I say;

THANK YOU ROBERT KRAFT!

Red Sox fans don't know to act like winners.

Many New England Patriot fans do not dwell on pathetic fans from other teams.

Hating fans who boo their own quarterback when he's injured is fine I guess. The fans certainly deserve contempt. But IMHO, we, as patriot fans, should be about supporting our team, not attacking the dregs of the earth. Yes, we should act more like Yankee fans, who expect to win, and even when they don't win the division, rest their players for the playoffs. Yankee fans KNOW that they have a winning franchise, year after year, and don't care what other think. They act as if their team will win. Some day all patriot fans will have such confidence. We certainly have the team and the organization.

just my 2 cents

Um, whats with all the Pats and Sox fans crap, last time I checked MOST of us are the same people
Thats absolutely a ******ed conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgteich
Red Sox fans don't know to act like winners.

Many New England Patriot fans do not dwell on pathetic fans from other teams.

Hating fans who boo their own quarterback when he's injured is fine I guess. The fans certainly deserve contempt. But IMHO, we, as patriot fans, should be about supporting our team, not attacking the dregs of the earth. Yes, we should act more like Yankee fans, who expect to win, and even when they don't win the division, rest their players for the playoffs. Yankee fans KNOW that they have a winning franchise, year after year, and don't care what other think. They act as if their team will win. Some day all patriot fans will have such confidence. We certainly have the team and the organization.

just my 2 cents

Um, whats with all the Pats and Sox fans crap, last time I checked MOST of us are the same people
Thats absolutely a ******ed conversation.

The difference between the Patriots success and the Yankees success is that the Patriots spend the same amount on players as every other team in the league.

So please, don't EVER say maybe we'll be like Yankee fans someday. That would truly suck! The Patriots success has been far more of an amazing achievement than the Yankee's. Since the Patriots are not STACKED every year like the Yankees, we can not "expect" to win. Do we "Believe" we'll win?

ABSOLUTELY!;)

Why should I buy a clue? Your team was warned not to do this. The entire league was warned not to do this. The Jets tried to confiscate the tape, your cameraman refused to give it up. NFL security confiscated the team and the rest is history. Should the Jets just allow the Pats to continue cheating? Becuase Belichick gave Mangini his shot he should allow him to continue cheating? I don't understand, instead of you saying okay we screwed up, it's somehow the Jets fault that your coaching staff made a huge mistake which cost you a first round pick.

It's like getting caught cheating on your wife and yet your blaming it on everyone but yourself. I know it's a good defensive mechanism to try and blame it on someone else other then yourself but seriously EVERY team in the league was warned not to do this and the Patriots continued doing it. Whatever you want to say about the Jets it's still the Pats fault for being so stupid. And don't tell me they weren't really cheating, the rules say what they were doing was illegal and they would not have been doing it if they were not gaining something from it.

Your team still sucks. Seriously. They suck. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangold74
Why should I buy a clue? Your team was warned not to do this. The entire league was warned not to do this. The Jets tried to confiscate the tape, your cameraman refused to give it up. NFL security confiscated the team and the rest is history. Should the Jets just allow the Pats to continue cheating? Becuase Belichick gave Mangini his shot he should allow him to continue cheating? I don't understand, instead of you saying okay we screwed up, it's somehow the Jets fault that your coaching staff made a huge mistake which cost you a first round pick.

It's like getting caught cheating on your wife and yet your blaming it on everyone but yourself. I know it's a good defensive mechanism to try and blame it on someone else other then yourself but seriously EVERY team in the league was warned not to do this and the Patriots continued doing it. Whatever you want to say about the Jets it's still the Pats fault for being so stupid. And don't tell me they weren't really cheating, the rules say what they were doing was illegal and they would not have been doing it if they were not gaining something from it.

Your team still sucks. Seriously. They suck. Period.

Oh, let the little wuss have a good boo-hoo!:rolleyes:

I personally love the R-A-T-S rats rats rats!! theme. Damn, wish I could be there!!!

i'm looking forward to this game too...

lets' destroy them !!!

on the field: 42-0 will be the score

@ the stadium: i hope that the crowd will be in that game the best ever !!!

I don't agree at all with your assessment that the Pats need to come clean....COME CLEAN?? On what?:eek:

Oh, you mean just admit that they were doing what most of the other teams were doing? You act as if the Patriots really committed some dispicable, cheating act that other teams found appalling. If you believe that, my friend, you don't know jack about reality!

I think the fact the Patriots haven't answered ANY of the media questions regarding this none isssue is AWESOME! Like most Patriots fans, it has made me proud. C'mon, just look at the way they have ignored all the BS and just WON football games! How can anyone NOT find that admirable?:rolleyes:

"Come clean"? NOPE!! The Patriots will not allow themselves to be the scapegoats of the NFL. And for that, I say;

THANK YOU ROBERT KRAFT!

You keep typing the phrase "come clean," as if it's something that I wrote. That's a problem you'll need to work on.

My primary point - and, it's the correct one for this discussion - is that the original poster had written about how the Patriots' "reputation had been tarnished." I agree. It has. And whose fault is that? Theirs. It's their fault for not working the story to make their side of it the prominent one. You read all of that to mean that I'm suggesting they "come clean," but that's a different discussion. I'm suggesting that a tarnished reputation affects more important things than your feelings. It affects things like merchandise sales. Advertising revenue. Corporate partnering. Those are the protectable assets. You might not agree with that, but you'd be wrong.

Here's one example of what I'm talking about when I suggest controlling the story which doesn't involve talking about it. It's far less effective than if they wanted to actually TELL the story in full detail, thereby stealing it from anyone who wants to twist it into a dark tale of espionage. Still, it's the stuff that someone looking to protect the value of their brand should be doing:

The Patriots are on Monday Night Football this week. ESPN spent over a billion dollars to acquire the Monday night franchise. It has to fill, what, three hours of pregame gab-time? What if Bob Kraft said something like:
"Hi ESPN, you know that Tuesday Morning Quarterback guy who has decided to keep this story hot, and magnify it to new levels? He's cooled our interest in participating in your pregame package. Oh, and we've also decided to restrict your game crew from our private practice field. Come to think of it, we really don't have much time at all for you this week."
What if the Patriots went even further and called the local NBC affiliate and asked if they would be interested in dropping their reruns of whatever drek they had scheduled, in favor of two hours of Patriots pregrame programming, stealing the entire New England market from ESPN for that evening? What if the Patriots called all THEIR loyal sponsors and asked that they not buy ESPN ad-time on Monday night? What if Bob Kraft called his friend on the board at Disney and told him that, if the Patriots did win the Superbowl this year, Six Flags had the exclusive for all post-game ("I'm going to Six Flags!!") screams? What if the Patriots made it so hostile for ESPN that a certain tuesday morning writer would suddenly receive a call on monday from his editor asking for an advanced outline of his article, and had a few suggestions for changes?

If you want to contort it into something that it doesn't say, I can't stop you. The Patriots are letting this story grow into something it may or may not be. That's their fault. They're doing a poor job of media control. Now, you can cavalierly blow it off as "awesome," but you don't have a billion dollar note and mortgage to pay. You're not looking for first class tenants for your fancy new shopping mall in a "B" location.

do you guys realize that you are the most ignorant and arrogant fans in the league??

I guess the whole 3rd grade comeback is relevant for this. It takes one to know one. Your panties are in a bunch because Belichick didn't want to work under Parcell's thumb, and he came to us. The RATS were underhanded enough to take Parcells from us, and you even scored Curtis Martin. I'd say that was a wash. The majority of Pats fans on this board have been with this team since the beginning. I've been a fan since 1976. I myself don't troll other boards, maybe some do. It's not the job of this board to police other ones. That's why they have a wonderful thing called 'ignore.' If a fan bothers you, hit the ignore option, or better yet, skip over it.

Hope This Helps
Have A Nice Day

I'd got with the Rats theme. R-A-T-S chants, a giant rat with a Jets helmet on it hanging from a pole, giant rat traps with fake dead rats in them, that sort of thing.
This is a good idea. Get 4 people with signs "R" "A" "T" "S" and lead the chant.
R!
A!
T!
S!
RATS! RATS! RATS!

Sign idea.........

Hey Mangini, do you know what happens to people who

a. eat at Vesuvio

b. rat on thier friends....

You keep typing the phrase "come clean," as if it's something that I wrote. That's a problem you'll need to work on.

My primary point - and, it's the correct one for this discussion - is that the original poster had written about how the Patriots' "reputation had been tarnished." I agree. It has. And whose fault is that? Theirs. It's their fault for not working the story to make their side of it the prominent one. You read all of that to mean that I'm suggesting they "come clean," but that's a different discussion. I'm suggesting that a tarnished reputation affects more important things than your feelings. It affects things like merchandise sales. Advertising revenue. Corporate partnering. Those are the protectable assets. You might not agree with that, but you'd be wrong.

Here's one example of what I'm talking about when I suggest controlling the story which doesn't involve talking about it. It's far less effective than if they wanted to actually TELL the story in full detail, thereby stealing it from anyone who wants to twist it into a dark tale of espionage. Still, it's the stuff that someone looking to protect the value of their brand should be doing:

The Patriots are on Monday Night Football this week. ESPN spent over a billion dollars to acquire the Monday night franchise. It has to fill, what, three hours of pregame gab-time? What if Bob Kraft said something like:
"Hi ESPN, you know that Tuesday Morning Quarterback guy who has decided to keep this story hot, and magnify it to new levels? He's cooled our interest in participating in your pregame package. Oh, and we've also decided to restrict your game crew from our private practice field. Come to think of it, we really don't have much time at all for you this week."
What if the Patriots went even further and called the local NBC affiliate and asked if they would be interested in dropping their reruns of whatever drek they had scheduled, in favor of two hours of Patriots pregrame programming, stealing the entire New England market from ESPN for that evening? What if the Patriots called all THEIR loyal sponsors and asked that they not buy ESPN ad-time on Monday night? What if Bob Kraft called his friend on the board at Disney and told him that, if the Patriots did win the Superbowl this year, Six Flags had the exclusive for all post-game ("I'm going to Six Flags!!") screams? What if the Patriots made it so hostile for ESPN that a certain tuesday morning writer would suddenly receive a call on monday from his editor asking for an advanced outline of his article, and had a few suggestions for changes?

If you want to contort it into something that it doesn't say, I can't stop you. The Patriots are letting this story grow into something it may or may not be. That's their fault. They're doing a poor job of media control. Now, you can cavalierly blow it off as "awesome," but you don't have a billion dollar note and mortgage to pay. You're not looking for first class tenants for your fancy new shopping mall in a "B" location.

I have worked in marketing for almost 25 years. I'm currently employed as a sales analyst for a $600 million company and part of my job is predicting (modelling) scenario's that result from various stimuli. One of the stimuli models I work with is "Negative press".

I will confidently say that this matter has effectively "come off the (media)board" and is having minimal impact on attitudes regarding the Patriots. As a matter of fact, I believe this whole issue has solidified the Patriots fan-base and if anything, has grown the fan-base due to the immense amount of publicity this had in that 1-2 week period immediately following the Jets game.

The scenario's which you gave as examples do not and will not apply in this case. the new mall will be shopped by PATRIOTS FANS who are either local or are visiting. if they are visiting, they will not boycott the mall. That was an absurd insinuation on your part.

Since this is all quickly going away, none of the other scenarios you discussed appear to be a threat. The Patriots brand is alive & well and another SB run is just what the doctor ordered.

So tell us, what could the Patriots have said that would improve national perception of the Patriots brand?

Last edited:
do you guys realize that you are the most ignorant and arrogant fans in the league??

You're joking right? Jets fans are the scum of the earth. The worst in the league. The biggest dirtbags in the N-F-L.

Your pathetic hapless franchise is coupled with the most classless, uncouth, disgusting fans. A match made in hell.

The scenario's which you gave as examples do not and will not apply in this case. the new mall will be shopped by PATRIOTS FANS who are either local or are visiting. if they are visiting, they will not boycott the mall. That was an absurd insinuation on your part.
What is this thing you have with reading things that aren't, you know, written? As I said earlier, that's a problem you'll need to work on. I almost hesitate to waste my time writing anything else.

Nobody was talking about boycotting a mall. That's foolish. They are, however, trying to lure A+ tenants to a B- mall location. Every little bit helps. And, every little bit that distracts, hurts.

So tell us, what could the Patriots have said that would improve national perception of the Patriots brand?
I think I made that clear. Twice. Spend more time reading what I DO write, and less time reading what I don't, and things will work out much better for both of us.

You won't believe me when I tell you this, but that hardly matters: I know far more about the Patriots' marketing department than you do. It's been a distraction. It may have died way down, but the questions still get asked. There was a week where the angst was thick. That was after the entire club had blown it off as insignificant.

You can credit the Krafts, who understand more about corporate partnering than any other team in the league, with building strong enough relationships to withstand jitters like this. I have a hard time believing a person with your marketing experience would suggest that doing nothing is "awesome." I've never heard of such a thing? That's progress? It's that type of market arrogance that gave us New Coke and the Edsel. Good luck with that whole thing, but I think the Kraft family is generally much more prudent with their assets.

Last edited:
What is this thing you have with reading things that aren't, you know, written? As I said earlier, that's a problem you'll need to work on. I almost hesitate to waste my time writing anything else.

Nobody was talking about boycotting a mall. That's foolish. They are, however, trying to lure A+ tenants to a B- mall location. Every little bit helps. And, every little bit that distracts, hurts.

I think I made that clear. Twice. Spend more time reading what I DO write, and less time reading what I don't, and things will work out much better for both of us.

You won't believe me when I tell you this, but that hardly matters: I know far more about the Patriots' marketing department than you do. It's been a distraction. It may have died way down, but the questions still get asked. There was a week where the angst was thick. That was after the entire club had blown it off as insignificant.

You can credit the Krafts, who understand more about corporate partnering than any other team in the league, with building strong enough relationships to withstand jitters like this. I have a hard time believing a person with your marketing experience would suggest that doing nothing is "awesome." I've never heard of such a thing? That's progress? It's that type of market arrogance that gave us New Coke and the Edsel. Good luck with that whole thing, but I think the Kraft family is generally much more prudent with their assets.

You know more about the Patriots marketing department than I do? Guess I'll take your word for it.

Every comment I made was in direct response to a statement you made. Tenants who fill Krafts new mall ONLY care about customer traffic in their stores. I said fans won't boycott the mall, thus inferring that there won't be any problems attracting major retailers. Potential retailers will NOT consider that Patriots brand image over the P&L equation. Follow my logic Einstien?

Do You think Macy's would say, "Although we believe we'd make a shiiite-load of money here, we're going to decline because we don't like the Patriots brand image."......Are you OK?

You give me the impression that you're a real Type-A who expects all responses to your posts respon EXACTLY to what you said. Do you get a hair cut every week too?:D Manicures?...I bet you get them too! I may or may not choose to add comments that respond to what you stated OR what I believe you inferred. It is up to you to use your God-given brain to figure it out.:cool:

Is brand image important? ABSOLUTELY! But we are talking about an image amongst our own fan base. Very little of the buying power or income the Krafts make will be spent by people outside New England. At least with sales of tickets, merchandise and other Official Patriots merchandise. As for the Mall, again, the vast majority of the dollars spent at that facility will be spent by those living in New England...no worries there!

And finally, we have the media. I can confidently state that the media has made more mistakes than Patriots management. Who are they accountable to? The Patriots brand image has been "Nicked", that is all. ABC & ESPN will sell MORE commercials for MORE money on any Patriots game they televise compared to any other NFL team...and that's a fact.

IMO, there is nothing for the Patriots to say to anyone that would not equate to sayine, "OK, we cheated"....and the fact is

WE DIDN'T!!

Haven't you been beating a drum about believing we DID cheat for quite a while now? I could be mistaken, but I think I've seen your name on a couple of other posts stating your belief that Patriots should have admitted more.

Last edited:

Actually, had Coke "done nothing", the New Coke disaster would never have occurred. One problem with marketing, an any other division of any business/government/etc., is that it will constantly strive to prove itself invaluable to the core structure. Sometimes a big wind is part of a hurricane, but sometimes it's just a nice breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft