PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets in Foxboro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing the cheating card since you started a thread trashing the jets and calling us rats. I'm not trying to piss you guys off but be fair about this. If Belichick and your fans figured out that another team was doing something illegal like this would you expect Belichick to just forget about it? You honestly wouldn't care? Because of the code of coaching you should just let another team cheat?

Instead of coming over here trying to bait us into a flame war, why don't you go back and question your fellow bottom feeders why hasn't Mangina and Tannenbaum given you a team to be proud of? Why haven't the tried to get the Defensive players required to run a 3-4 ? It's not Sutton's fault he can't run it with what he has. Face it, RATS fans are still fuming that Belichick left them. Now you know how we felt when Parcells left and took Curtis Martin with him.

Last edited:
Yes he would forget about it.

He'd consider it a challenge and use his mind to counter your actions. Rest assured none of those actions would be ratting you out to the league.

Exactly!!!

Instead of coming over here trying to bait us into a flame war, why don't you go back and question your fellow bottom feeders why hasn't Mangina and Tannenbaum given you a team to be proud of? Why haven't the tried to get the D and O players required to run a 3-4 defense? It's not Sutton's fault he can't run it with what he has. Face it, RATS fans are still fuming that Belichick left them. Now you know how we felt when Parcells left and took Curtis Martin with him.

Mangold's been quite rational for a fan of another team. He's wrong on the "camera gate" issue, but so are many Patriots fans. I haven't seen him as one who's only here to start flame wars.

Last edited:
Guys, do you think Pats will not stop from scoring on the Jets when they come to Gillette? I mean so far we definitely could score more points in every game, but BB would just call runs at the end. I expect Pats scoring a record number of points, hopefully breaking 100!

Guys, do you think Pats will not stop from scoring on the Jets when they come to Gillette? I mean so far we definitely could score more points in every game, but BB would just call runs at the end. I expect Pats scoring a record number of points, hopefully breaking 100!

I definately see them running the score up. They could have done it to the Bills and didn't because they have no reason to humiliate them, and I respect them for that.

I think by doing that, you let them think they've gotten under your skin and they'll actually consider it a victory. Look at those rotten Patriots as they unsportsmanly ran up the score.

Play them just like you'd play any team. If you're up by 30 by the end of the 3rd quarter, take the starters out and rest them up for the real competition.

I think by doing that, you let them think they've gotten under your skin and they'll actually consider it a victory. Look at those rotten Patriots as they unsportsmanly ran up the score.

Play them just like you'd play any team. If you're up by 30 by the end of the 3rd quarter, take the starters out and rest them up for the real competition.
I half to admit that your proposal is good.I'm conflicted about it. On another post I wrote that the score of the next pats/jets game would be about 60-10. I'd like to see that but then again pulling all the starters after a lead shows a lack of respect. Which I also like. I quess if either happened I'd be happy.

Last edited:

My guess is the Patriots drop 34 on them and are up 34 - 3 (or so), bring in the second string for the 4th quarter...and then allow the second stringers to run up the score on the pathetic NY RATS.

No handshake. BB can only take so much from the spoiled little penguin.

I'd love it if we pulled the starters after the 3rd quarter and still ran the score up. A sign of disrespect as well as humiliating them.

My guess is the Patriots drop 34 on them and are up 34 - 3 (or so), bring in the second string for the 4th quarter...and then allow the second stringers to run up the score on the pathetic NY RATS.

No handshake. BB can only take so much from the spoiled little penguin.
Handshake! How about a tasser at mid-field with a couple of add jolts,or one of those devices that you wear on your palm so when you shake hands the other person gets shocked.

I see a thread coming "The Handshake" yes,or no

I hated all those teams too for various reasons. But they were all competitive reasons for the most part.

THIS IS DIFFERENT!!!!

This is someone slipping your sister some roofies, having their way with her an then putting the pictures on the internet or something.

It is destroying the reputation, credibility of every person associated with the Patriot franchise.

IRREPARABLE.

Short of the Jets team plane crashing, I will roll around in glee when any ills befall that franchise from this day forward and make my glee publicly known.

They and many, but not all of their fans disgust me.

In my mind.................THIS IS WAR!

Bah! Look, there's a little bulldog lying next to me wondering why I just sighed and delayed her trip to the dog park. One fabulous line tucked in the middle of a haystack of melodrama. Don't get me wrong, though; I'm all for messageboard nonsense.

First, on your valid point - that the Patriots' reputation has been tarnished by the videogate episode. That's a real problem for them. And, I've posted a few times what I thought they should do about it. The cure is entirely in their hands. Unless and until they disclosed everything top-to-bottom about what they were doing and why, people like Gregg Easterbrook are going to keep spinning the story their own way. Like it or not, it's the Patriots' fault that the story keeps expanding in absurdities. If Bob Kraft cares about the value of his brand - and I think we ALL know that he does - he'll do his own batch of spinning. Perhaps we'll see a new "insider" book about it.

My point is, and has been, the shape and breadth of the story is entirely within the Patriots' control. There's another thread on the front page here about Jimmy Johnson's WFAN interview, along with someone's comments about how the press will ignore it. But whose fault is that?!! The Patriots have a media department. Hell, they have a bigger media department than the Jets. Fix it. That's what people get paid for!

. . . .and that's all I've got to say about that.

But that leads me to the wrongheadedness of the balance of the post, as well as this thread.

Why do we watch sports? Why do we follow the NFL and post on messageboards about it during the six off-days each week. For entertainment, perhaps? And, the New York / New England border war over the last decade, although it's had highs and lows, had added to that. Makes each victory just a little sweeter, no? Tell me honestly that your adrenaline doesn't bubble just a little more for the Jets than, say, the Lions. Sports is about teasing emotions. And guess what - you're friggin' winning! Why you would get so Manchester/Arsenal about this when you're on the winning side is beyond me.

I'll tease or taunt you if you want, just to feed the beast. But is it really necessary?

And now, you'll pardon me whilst I tend to my dawg.

Last edited:
This thread should really die, but if we're talking about the Jets, Pats' fans should really enjoy the next few years--the Jets overachieved last year, but already the honeymoon with Mangini seems to be fading. If they don't figure out their qb situation, they're clearly going to linger in mediocrity the next few years, with the fanbase getting grumpier every year. So, that should be fun.

Bah! Look, there's a little bulldog lying next to me wondering why I just sighed and delayed her trip to the dog park. One fabulous line tucked in the middle of a haystack of melodrama. Don't get me wrong, though; I'm all for messageboard nonsense.

First, on your valid point - that the Patriots' reputation has been tarnished by the videogate episode. That's a real problem for them. And, I've posted a few times what I thought they should do about it. The cure is entirely in their hands. Unless and until they disclosed everything top-to-bottom about what they were doing and why, people like Gregg Easterbrook are going to keep spinning the story their own way. Like it or not, it's the Patriots' fault that the story keeps expanding in absurdities. If Bob Kraft cares about the value of his brand - and I think we ALL know that he does - he'll do his own batch of spinning. Perhaps we'll see a new "insider" book about it.

My point is, and has been, the shape and breadth of the story is entirely within the Patriots' control. There's another thread on the front page here about Jimmy Johnson's WFAN interview, along with someone's comments about how the press will ignore it. But whose fault is that?!! The Patriots have a media department. Hell, they have a bigger media department than the Jets. Fix it. That's what people get paid for!

But that leads me to the wrongheadedness of the balance of the post, as well as this thread.

Why do we watch sports? Why do we follow the NFL and post on messageboards about it during the six off-days each week. For entertainment, perhaps? And, the New York / New England border war over the last decade, although it's had highs and lows, had added to that. Makes each victory just a little sweeter, no? Tell me honestly that your adrenaline doesn't bubble just a little more for the Jets than, say, the Lions. Sports is about teasing emotions. And guess what - you're friggin' winning! Why you would get so Manchester/Arsenal about this when you're on the winning side is beyond me.

I'll tease or taunt you if you want, just to feed the beast. But is it really necessary?

I hope he craps on your shoe. ;)

Sunday Jack actually has a point... You actually make sense! Are you sure you're not a Giants fan?

I think this game will the pats show no mercy, no matter what the records are..

B-U-M-S,BUMS, BUMS, BUMS.
That works for me:D

R-A-T-S, Rats, Rats, Rats.....

Works well, and would be tremendous on national television.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back