PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets alerted Refs to look for Illegal FG Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smart on the Jets behalf and incredibly poor by the officials who aren't consistent given the obvious "cheating" of the Jets who did the same thing.

As for the officials, they are either incompetent, biased or crooked. There is no other explanation. They should be fired or at the very least banned from Patriot games like Ben Dreith. I still remember the phony penalty he called on sugar bear that gave the Raiders the game.

Boy, BB looks like an ass.

Why, because he thought the rule was as originally proposed, and then fully admitted that he was wrong?

I wish more people would simply admit they're wrong when they are -- wouldn't call them asses for it.

Why, if he was wrong it helps your whine how?

Now you've just turned full on moron. None of your arguments even make any sense. You've devolved to stupid immature insults which I guess is par for the course at JI. You must be one of the better posters there since you lasted until about post 9 before totally falling apart.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but check this out:

» Well Would You Look at This?The Jets Doing the Same Exact Thing As The Pats On Our Game Tying Field Goal With No Penalty Barstool Sports: Boston

The Jets did the exact same thing on a Pats' FG earlier in the game, and no call. Video evidence in the link.
The game is done and dusted as far as I am concerned but I thought the onus was on the officials to protect the LS on the FG unit? There's no protection on the nominated GIF.

The game is done and dusted as far as I am concerned but I thought the onus was on the officials to protect the LS on the FG unit? There's no protection on the nominated GIF.

I agree that what's done is done, obviously, and nothing can change it. But it can be pointed out for those that care that it is a FACT that the Jets did the exact same push move earlier in the game and the official staring right at it did nothing at all. No flag. But when the Pats did it in overtime, they threw a flag.

I don't care if they call it or not - but the application of the rule needs to be consistent. This isn't like a pass interference - a judgment call. Either this happens or it doesn't. And in both cases it happened; yet in only one of them was a flag thrown.

I agree that what's done is done, obviously, and nothing can change it. But it can be pointed out for those that care that it is a FACT that the Jets did the exact same push move earlier in the game and the official staring right at it did nothing at all. No flag. But when the Pats did it in overtime, they threw a flag.

I don't care if they call it or not - but the application of the rule needs to be consistent. This isn't like a pass interference - a judgment call. Either this happens or it doesn't. And in both cases it happened; yet in only one of them was a flag thrown.
That's what it comes down to ivan, consistency from the officials in their decision making.

And it probably happened over 100+ times this year but the freaking zebra's call it in overtime, that's the problem I have with it and why I'm still pissed.
And why would the jets bring it up to the officials and then do it themselves?
Something about this whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Bill Belichick of New England Patriots admits he was wrong that play wasn't penalty - ESPN Boston

Rex Ryan was asked Monday whether he was aware of the Patriots' use of the technique against the Saints the week before.

"Let's put it this way," he said. "The coaches watch every single play of every single game, so we're aware of opponents' tendencies and everything else."

Ryan was unusually coy when asked whether his players were made aware of the Patriots' pushing technique.

"What we discuss to our team, I'll just leave in-house," he said.

Ryan responded the same way when asked whether his coaching staff tipped the officials before the game.

"Again, you know what? My comments with the officials, I'll just leave that way," he said.
Belichick also was asked about the Patriots using the tactic during his weekly radio interview on WEEI on Monday.

"Previously, when the rule was a little bit different, it was very common to see guys get pushed from the second level. This year, I've seen it quite a bit on film. Yeah, we've done it, too. There are a lot of examples of it this year," he said.

Are pats suppose to blow out everyone each week? What if at the end of super bowl 39 there was a bogus pass interference call on the game sealing Bruschi interception and the eagles end up winning the game? Does that mean we didn't deserve it then?

Who was talking about a blowout? I was merely pointing out that had we maintained the lead (doesn’t have to be a blowout), we wouldn’t have ended up in OT, and subsequently - implicated in this ******ed penalty.

As a matter of fact I actually predicted this poor outcome (in the game thread) when we went down at the half with an 11 point lead:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ts-vs-jet-game-thread-page62.html#post3606534

I'm actually a little less butt hurt after hearing they tipped them off. What does bother me is the fact that the Defense worked very hard, with a depleted roster to hold them to a 56 yrd attempt only to have it taken away. The ref knew damn well he was stealing the win from us. To expose an obscure rule that most teams don't quite fully understand at a moment like that is BS. The ref took away any competiveness on that play, fully aware of the outcome. Was it legal, Yes. Was it a total stick to the Pats, .ass. whole thing to do? Absolutely. It's one thing to overlook a small, insignificant rule at that moment, but to enforce one? :mad:. Smart of Jets to know about and use it. They probably had that in their pocket all week. Oh well, it is what it is. Time to move on and get our heads out of their .asses. and play like the team they are.

Please explain to me how someone "looks like an ass" for admitting he made a mistake.

Belichick should have known the rule. He should have coached to the rule. He didn't do either. He admitted it. We might be able to say that he didn't do his job as well as he should have, but nothing more.

Or, are you one of the rare humans who has never had to admit s/he was wrong?

Absolutely correct. If the ref's were aware of the rule and enforcing it why didn't they call it on the Jets when they committed the same infraction. Either they were biased or incompetent. There is no place for either in the NFL.

I'm going to go with incompetent.

Absolutely correct. If the ref's were aware of the rule and enforcing it why didn't they call it on the Jets when they committed the same infraction. ....

As one of my friends in high school used to ask, "Why is there air?" Who cares? it's there. we need it.

in this case, the refs made one call. they didn't make another. happens every week and in virtually every game. why? who knows?

if the pats coached to the rule and if the player didn't commit the penalty in the first place, the question is irrelevant. they didn't. he did. end of story. time to move on.

So the Dolphins ran and cried to the NFL too about the Ravens doing it to them.

canty.png

Report: Dolphins Alerted NFL About Pushing Penalty That Patriots Were Assessed Against Jets (Photo) | Miami Dolphins | NESN.com

Who was talking about a blowout? I was merely pointing out that had we maintained the lead (doesn’t have to be a blowout), we wouldn’t have ended up in OT, and subsequently - implicated in this ******ed penalty.

As a matter of fact I actually predicted this poor outcome (in the game thread) when we went down at the half with an 11 point lead:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ts-vs-jet-game-thread-page62.html#post3606534

Not really, they didn't take their foot of the gas. They didn't go conservative, they just couldn't score. Jets d played lights out. Patriots couldn't sustain a drive all day aside from like two drives in the 1st half and the last one to tie it.

Not really, they didn't take their foot of the gas. They didn't go conservative, they just couldn't score. Jets d played lights out. Patriots couldn't sustain a drive all day aside from like two drives in the 1st half and the last one to tie it.

that last drive to tie with a field goal would have kept going for another minute since the jets coples pushed the back of another dlinemen into the pile. that 15 yard penalty would have resulted in a first down and would have allowed the patriots to keep driving with their two timeouts to attempt and score a touchdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes