PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets alerted Refs to look for Illegal FG Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb1095

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
per bleacher report...unreal

According to Mike Reiss, after rewatching all the FG attempts, Quinton Coples was doing nearly the same thing, just not as forcefully.

Jets' staff probably figured after getting away with it they should alert it.

If that the case kudos to them for paying attension to the little things because it worked.:enranged:

According to Mike Reiss, after rewatching all the FG attempts, Quinton Coples was doing nearly the same thing, just not as forcefully.

Jets' staff probably figured after getting away with is they should alert it.

If anyone can find the link to the story, please post it. I just got the alert on my phone and am not surprised. LOL - whiny little ******es...I expect nothing less...they needed a call like that to win, no biggie...they know they didn't earn a W, they stole it. We know it, they know it, that is all. TBH, we should have had them in the bag long before OT anyway - our fault...

funny how they do the exact same thing (along with every other team). Now we know why it was suddenly called.

PAts did same thing vs saints as per reiss and if called then, saints couldve run out the clock. Credit the jets if they spotted and did this .Iam sure that was the reason they event tried the 56 yard FG.

PAts did same thing vs saints as per reiss and if called then, saints couldve run out the clock. Credit the jets if they spotted and did this .Iam sure that was the reason they event tried the 56 yard FG.

watch Video, the Jets did the same thing while Gostkowski was kicking. Pot - meet Kettle.

The New York Rats

If anyone can find the link to the story, please post it. I just got the alert on my phone and am not surprised. LOL - whiny little ******es...I expect nothing less...they needed a call like that to win, no biggie...they know they didn't earn a W, they stole it. We know it, they know it, that is all. TBH, we should have had them in the bag long before OT anyway - our fault...

funny how they do the exact same thing (along with every other team). Now we know why it was suddenly called.

Was from twitter:

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 4h
(1 of 2) Went back & watched the prior 4 field goals to Folk's 56-yarder in Patriots-Jets game to see if same technique was used/not called.

(2 of 2) Only thing that showed up was that Jets' Quinton Coples had less egregious push on Gostkowski's 44-yard field goal in 4th quarter.

On play, Coples lined up in same spot at C. Jones did. Coples looped behind player to his right. One-handed push. Player flips over snapper.

Get real bro, will ya? We got outplayed, outcoached, and out-fcked in the arse on every level. :mad:

B/R headline writers are generally liars or idiots. The article linked to that headline never actually makes that claim.

Hate the Jets, but have to give them credit for that one. That was smart. If a report leaked out that the Pats did that to the Jets, posters would be praising BB (and rightfully so) for scouting the tape and finding that one. Still hate the call in that moment, but the Jets took advantage of it.

I hate to say it. But if the Jets did tell the refs to watch for it, it was good gamesmanship on their part.

Belichick tells the refs to watch for things all the time. Hence why teams the Pats play seem to get more penalties than the Pats (which Jets fans complain about the Pats being in Kraft's back pocket).

If this is true, they out-Belichiked Belichik.

Get real bro, will ya? We got outplayed, outcoached, and out-fcked in the arse on every level. :mad:

I am being real and this story has already been verified. The Jets cried to the Refs to call a Penalty on the very thing that they themselves were doing while Gostkowski was kicking. Just go look at the tape.

Looking at their cry baby snitch like history, I can't fathom how this doesn't enrage you or any other Pats fan.

Clearly we played like crap, but getting the ball back on the 46 Yard line with TB12 at the helm gives me pretty good confidence that we could have gotten enough yardage to get in FG range to win teh game...I stand by what I said...

It was a bush league call and anyone who disagrees is dead wrong. Thus the reason its never been called before. I am entitled to my opinion "BRO"

Whatever. They lost. Time to not do that anymore and move on.

Whatever. They lost. Time to not do that anymore and move on.

I agree. The timing of it is what really bothers me. If they want to enforce a new "rule" enforce it consistently across the league. Also, they didn't even enforce it correctly...it should have been an Unnecessary Roughness penalty and NOT an Unsportsmanlike conduct. Rules are rules, so if you want to really get technical, the penalty called was INCORRECT and that is not disputable...per the rule book.(technicalities happen all the time)

According to someone that I heard on sports radio, I can't remember who, Rob Ryan called Rex to tip him off about that.

Jets' staff probably figured after getting away with it they should alert it.

C3cMMa9.gif

pushgate.jpg

...carbon copy. My post is more about correctly enforcing the rules, not that what we did was ok, but we very well should have had an opportunity for the drive to continue....

pretty sad...

Was from twitter:

that's ridiculous. If you read the pool report, jerome boger said it didn't matter how egregious the push has to be - a push is a push. So coples should have been flagged

Patriots Had Cheated Before On FGs; Jets Warned Officials

Good lord. Just so we're all clear:
-- When the Pats get called for a penalty, they were caught cheating.
-- And if the Pats beg a call after a play they're being babies, but the Jets giving a heads up, well, that's good football.

Oy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore