PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets 5 free time outs slowed down No Huddle offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people so angry at this? The Patriots have done it in the past and exploited the rules to do so. It was a very smart tactic by the Jets and it worked a treat for them.

pats fans are angry because NE didn't think to master this ploy first

it's simple as that

people are still in a phase of the grieving process, where they're trying to explain why it happened rather than just accepting it and move on

all nfl fans do it lol, it's just the first stage

anyway, if the pats would have done it, it would be labeled "genius" and "hey it's within the rules" but because another HC thought to master it, and out headgamed the genius, then there's going to be whining about it

I don't have a problem with it and certainly don't think it was why we lost the game.

However I do wonder why they don't fix the problem. All they would need to do is add to the rule so that anyone who received an injury timeout could not come back into the game for 5 snaps (or some number greater than 1).

The Patriots should be able to operate out of a set offense and beat the Jets.
If they need gimmicks like the no-huddle to win then their O is not as potent as I thought.

That said, what the Jets did was pretty blatant and perhaps a rule change will be in order.
All other teams will now be just as blatant.
Maybe something like after the 2 or 3 injuries per half, it is either a charged timeout/ delay of game penalty. No more last two miuntes of the half.

Last edited:
I thought teams get charged for injury timeouts? What are the rules there?

It's no excuse, but still I would like to see a rule where injured players have to stay out for the rest of the drive. After all, if you are that injured to earn your team a free timeout you are probably too hurt to come in for the next 4-5 minutes. This might prevent teams from abusing the rule.

I thought teams get charged for injury timeouts? What are the rules there?

I can't remember who the player was, but they got charged for one last night and yet I didn't hear that the Jets were called for any.

pats fans are angry because NE didn't think to master this ploy first

it's simple as that

people are still in a phase of the grieving process, where they're trying to explain why it happened rather than just accepting it and move on

all nfl fans do it lol, it's just the first stage

anyway, if the pats would have done it, it would be labeled "genius" and "hey it's within the rules" but because another HC thought to master it, and out headgamed the genius, then there's going to be whining about it

Gee thanks Dr. Phil. Or should I call you Oprah?

You mean like how BBs giants defenses used to kick the ball away to slow down the Bills no huddle back in the day?

Sorry but threads like this sound so whiney. Sometimes you get your ass kicked and you have to admit it.

the worst was bart scott on our last drive.
he was smiling on the sideline.
our momentum was in our favor.
oh well.
it is what it is.
and we were what we were....like alot of dropped passes (crumpler, branch etc)

I got a kick out of the announcers talking about how Bart injured his left leg on the field and had his right worked on by massage off the field. :rolleyes:

So blatant it really has to make you laugh a little.

I can't remember who the player was, but they got charged for one last night and yet I didn't hear that the Jets were called for any.

I could be wrong but I think teams are charged a time out for injuries under the two minute warning.

The Jets got away with faking injuries to slow the Patriots offense down. I hate to say this but got to give them credit for using it to their advantage.

I could be wrong but I think teams are charged a time out for injuries under the two minute warning.

The Jets got away with faking injuries to slow the Patriots offense down. I hate to say this but got to give them credit for using it to their advantage.

Sounds fair, but when Bart Scott went down with an "injury" last night I finally got pissed. If I had been a player on the Pats at that point I would've gone over and really given him something to be hurt about. The guy is a capital DOUCHEBAG and a very stupid person to boot.

we did it in a playoff game against indy years ago.....think it was mcginest.....goal line stand

Sounds fair, but when Bart Scott went down with an "injury" last night I finally got pissed. If I had been a player on the Pats at that point I would've gone over and really given him something to be hurt about. The guy is a capital DOUCHEBAG and a very stupid person to boot.

I agree, it is almost bush league tactics, but as the rules stand, there is no penalty for faking injuries other than having the player take a play off. I know the Patriots have employed the tactic themselves, most famously by Willie in the Goal-line Stand Game against the Colts.

Every team does it...can't complain unless they change the rules...which will never happen

Bart Scott and crew had all kinds of **** planned.
He is a scumbag....watch the tape and watch how fake that was like....Poole (S) going out after he twisted his ankle or pinky whatever.....Rex is a dirtbag

The Pats invented this tactic so I wouldn't complain if I were you!!

I love how people lie and blame the Pats for everything under the sun. It just shows the depths of their pathetic hatred..

Go back to whatever garbage hole you crawled out of.

It helped the Jets, sure, but I wouldn't even put it in the top 10 for reasons why we lost.

I've always thought the rule should be, if you are injured and stop the clock, you can't come back in until the next possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft