PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerod Mayo Interviewing For Browns DC Job

Boomer B

In the Starting Line-Up
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
They want to interview Flores, too, apparently.

I wish him the best - will really suck if he ends up with the Browns. I now root against that franchise. At the end of the day, there are only 5-6 of these jobs that become available and a first time HC candidate does not have the luxury of being picky.

If he’s offered the gig, take it!

Leader of men.
Wish him well

Was a matter of time.

He'll be HC someday.

Both good choices.
Both are also potential HC candidates so neither may want to commit to brownies til they know what else is on the table.
Yeah, I don't know why everyone would tell him to jump at the Browns DC job when there might be better DC jobs or HC opportunities coming up. Plus it's the Browns, the factory of sadness.

Texans reportedly looking at Mayo for the HC job there.

Jerod Mayo is a popular man. The Texans are reportedly targeting him for their head coaching job. The Browns are reportedly looking at him for their DC job.

Texans reportedly looking at Mayo for the HC job there.

Texans still haven’t given up on the Patriots pipeline. BOB, Crennel, Esterby, Caserio, and now Mayo.

Good for Mayo and hope it works out for him, but that ownership and organization has so much disfunction to overcome. We’ll see.

Texans still haven’t given up on the Patriots pipeline. BOB, Crennel, Esterby, Caserio, and now Mayo.

Good for Mayo and hope it works out for him, but that ownership and organization has so much disfunction to overcome. We’ll see.
Could be interesting. They have so many draft picks and the division is pretty weak.

I just said you can't be picky when it comes to HC but he should think hard about going to a team with no QC and 2 coaches fired back to back after 1 year.

If Caserio is legit, and
If there's a high end QB to be gotten in this draft AND the Texans get him

The weakness of the AFCS could have the Texans quickly back in the thick of things.

If Caserio is legit, and
If there's a high end QB to be gotten in this draft AND the Texans get him

The weakness of the AFCS could have the Texans quickly back in the thick of things.
I don't watch a lot of Titans games, but what's the feeling on Vrabel's ability to turn the Titans around?

I don't watch a lot of Titans games, but what's the feeling on Vrabel's ability to turn the Titans around?

The Titans are built around a running back (meaning it's a short window compared to being built around a QB). The Titans don't have a QB. The Titans don't have wide receivers.

So that team needs to have one hell of an offseason, or it's going to start to spiral downwards.

The Titans are built around a running back (meaning it's a short window compared to being built around a QB). The Titans don't have a QB. The Titans don't have wide receivers.

So that team needs to have one hell of an offseason, or it's going to start to spiral downwards.
Yup - no such thing as long term consistency without a QB. Henry slowed down a bit this year too.

He needs to find a QB.

I don’t think Mayo is the best fit in Cleveland. The Watson trade puts a lot of pressure on the Browns to win a lot of games next season or everybody gets fired. Not that I think Jim Schwartz a fantastic option, but he has 19 years as either a HC or DC. There’s not a risk of him actively losing games due to inexperience.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back