PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Mayo's generic puppies-in-a-box happy talk is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Is he the Meghan Markel of HC's? I am chiding myself for being petty, of course - feel free to join me in this - but I'm already sick of it. Maybe when he actually has something to do it will abate.

Mayo's generic puppies-in-a-box happy talk is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Is he the Meghan Markel of HC's? I am chiding myself for being petty, of course - feel free to join me in this - but I'm already sick of it. Maybe when he actually has something to do it will abate.
Seems a strange criticism.
Seems a personable guy, players loved him, seems to be someone people gravitate to. Maybe it's just the change form grumpy BB that makes it stand out for you?
He's got to help put a positive spin and energy on where things are going, get the fan base thinking positive. When they lose games, I doubt he'll be the same guy as the one you see in the off season.

Seems a personable guy, players loved him, seems to be someone people gravitate to. Maybe it's just the change form grumpy BB that makes it stand out for you?
He's got to help put a positive spin and energy on where things are going, get the fan base thinking positive. When they lose games, I doubt he'll be the same guy as the one you see in the off season.
That poster hates everything. He *****ed about Bill, they hire an absolute opposite personality and he *****es about that.

That poster hates everything. He *****ed about Bill, they hire an absolute opposite personality and he *****es about that.
I prefer a coach in the middle of the spectrum, but as long as Mayo wins he can cheer and talk as much as he wants. If he turns out to be a great coach and wins, his style will become endearing.

I prefer a coach in the middle of the spectrum, but as long as Mayo wins he can cheer and talk as much as he wants. If he turns out to be a great coach and wins, his style will become endearing.
Indeed. It's all about wins. Same as Bill. His grumpiness was fun while they were stacking Lombardis like cord wood. 4-13? Much less so.

I really don't care much about that stuff. It's a put peeve of mine. People are always saying,"I love my new doctor; he's just so Nice," So the f what? What can he do; what does he know? It seems at times that all the actually substantial virtues are being displaced by Niceness, which is more often a gimmick or an imposture than an actual virtue worthy of admiration.

Are you *****ing about me again?

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back