PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jay Cutler is an ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - a rational post about Cutler. That's hard to find these days.

They had a segment on PTI a few weeks ago about how Cutler gets a disproportionate amount of criticism because of the looks he was basically born with. Where a QB like Brees just has a naturally "fiery" look, which appeals to fans, Cutler just looks pouty & arrogant.

I really don't think that's the case, based on the interviews I've seen w/ him. He really doesn't seem like a bad guy at all, and this clip has absolutely no context.

I challenge you to come up with any context where he isn't acting like a jerk.

Cutler did this last year (or the year before) in a similar situation. He wasn't happy with the playcall that he was 'told' to run (in this case a run up the middle on a 3rd and short) that didn't get them a first down. I think there are serious underlying issues between him and Tice.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link on the Elway quote, but this article was pretty thin stuff - shoddy journalism at its worst. You can tell that the writer had an agenda, but the best he could find was the big "texting" incident. The actual quotes he got from players were supportive of Cutler for the most part, which is consistent with what I've heard from guys like Urlacher, as well.

I don't think it's the writer with an agenda. Look in a mirror.
Every apology you make gets refuted yet you still hold fast to your enabling.

And folks already addressed the party line speak so prevalent among players not on the Jets.

I challenge you to come up with any context where he isn't acting like a jerk.

OK, I'll try...

Cutler has type 1 diabetes and as such needed to get up right away and have a drink to level his blood sugar. If you notice he is handed a bottle right away by a member of the Bears staff...

I'm not saying its the truth, I'm just saying I can spin it to where he doesn't look like a jerk!

I don't think it's the writer with an agenda. Look in a mirror.
Every apology you make gets refuted yet you still hold fast to your enabling.

And folks already addressed the party line speak so prevalent among players not on the Jets.

The article that I was addressing was posted as an indirect support of the statement that "by all accounts", Cutler is a jerk.

The article was pretty thin in support of that. The worst it could offer was a "texting incident," where Cutler apparently was so involved in a text that he didn't hear a teammate (ouch!). The actual quotes in the article were from teammates, who supported & liked Cutler (directly refuting the "by all accounts" statement). This has been consistent with what I have heard from Urlacher & others, as well.

I'm not going to go to the mat over it. When it comes to Cutler, "haters gonna hate," as they say, and I don't know the guy. But I agree w/ the guys on PTI - half of that hate comes simply from how he looks.

Dude definitely could use a slap across the face.

Cutler has always been like that First Round talent...Seventh Round Character. Him and Brandon Marshall belongs together, he pulled that same stunt in Dennver i think that's why Mike Shanahan left. Cutler and Marshall alone make T.O. look like a saint pretty scarry.

I disagree that he is a first round talent. He has a great arm with poor football smarts. He is a lite version of Brett Favre. He has the ability to become a stud QB at times, but makes so many costly mistakes that his team has to overcome.

If the Bears' defense didn't turn over the ball five times (two pick 6s), I don't know if the Bears could have won that game on Cutler's arm. In fact, he played like crap for much of that game, but Romo played so much worse that I think the Cowboys went into a funk.

Personally, I think Cutler is a middle of the pack QB who is overrated because he does has such a great arm. The thing is that the great QBs have great football minds to go with it.

Colin Cowturd was defending Cutler this morning saying " when he doesnt react ppl call him soft, and when he does react ppl call him a d*bag blah blah....... "

Colin is obviously missing a point here, yelling at a teammate is different than disrespecting a coach by doing what Cutler did, when you do that to a coach you are disrespecting a senior authority, How would Cutler like it if a Rookie WR would stand up and ignore Culter when Cutler tried to talk to him?

The article that I was addressing was posted as an indirect support of the statement that "by all accounts", Cutler is a jerk.

The article was pretty thin in support of that. The worst it could offer was a "texting incident," where Cutler apparently was so involved in a text that he didn't hear a teammate (ouch!). The actual quotes in the article were from teammates, who supported & liked Cutler (directly refuting the "by all accounts" statement). This has been consistent with what I have heard from Urlacher & others, as well.

I'm not going to go to the mat over it. When it comes to Cutler, "haters gonna hate," as they say, and I don't know the guy. But I agree w/ the guys on PTI - half of that hate comes simply from how he looks.

he looks like a regular guy, not sure what's to hate about how he looks.

Look like Cutler was just blowing off Tice. Here is the video of it with him and Tice with them walking to the bench and it is anything but heated.

Bears QB Jay Cutler blows off coach Mike Tice - NFL Videos

The video makes it look very benign compared to the GIF.

In Cutler's defense, how would you like to be seen on national TV hanging out with Mike Tice in that stupid over-sized baseball cap? Dork-O-Rama!

I heard Jay Cutler's interview on Chicago sports talk radio after the nudge into his OT. He explained it very well. Cutler is actually a pretty funny guy. I don't have any harsh judgement of him as a person based on snippets of information. They also showed he and Tice laughing it up on the sideline but I don't see that posted here.

However, on the football field he is Jeff George. He has a hole in his game.

He was mad because Tice scalped his insulin shots before the game.

Honestly if my OC allowed me to get sacked like he is on a game by game basis I wouldn't respect him much either

The article was fine. Your response was textbook agenda bias.

And, as if on cue, Zolak was just on talking about how much of an ass Cutler is, and how many of his teammates/former teammates he's had tell him so.

Brady has had some heated discussions with his OCs and even Belichick on the sideline. That is completely different than this though. In the heat of the moment, tempers can flare a bit.

There is a difference! This is Brady's team, he is a leader! Cutler, not so much!

This isn't the first time Cutler has made a questionable 'team' decision!

Colin Cowturd was defending Cutler this morning saying " when he doesnt react ppl call him soft, and when he does react ppl call him a d*bag blah blah....... "

Colin is obviously missing a point here, yelling at a teammate is different than disrespecting a coach by doing what Cutler did, when you do that to a coach you are disrespecting a senior authority, How would Cutler like it if a Rookie WR would stand up and ignore Culter when Cutler tried to talk to him?

Colin Cowherd is talking about himself. What a loser. He had the best gig in all of sports trash TV hanging out Michelle Beadle every afternoon and he creeped Beadle out so much she left ESPN never to be seen again at NBC Universal where she introduces tractor pulls and shows about guys in duck blinds hoping not to get trench foot.

Colin Cowherd is talking about himself. What a loser. He had the best gig in all of sports trash TV hanging out Michelle Beadle every afternoon and he creeped Beadle out so much she left ESPN never to be seen again at NBC Universal where she introduces tractor pulls and shows about guys in duck blinds hoping not to get trench foot.

.....so she landed a promotion.

Honestly, I never hear those accounts. Have you heard that from his teammates, or people who played with him?

I think it's just a myth built up by fans around the NFL just not liking the guy.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...it's probably a duck.

Not to quote Jackson but me thinks "His teammates hate him"

Berates his oline on national television, always looks like a douche on the sidelines. Not a very likeable guy from an outsiders point of view. Wouldn't be surprised if one of his teammates goes Charles Martin on him one of these days.

Hitler had only one testicle.

I love history. But there are certain historical facts that I don't want to know, and certainly don't want an image put into my head.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case